Hideout Test (XP, money, renown, morale) - Solo (1/10) vs Party (10/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

gosu

Recruit
Hi all,

I've been doing quite a few Hideouts solo (Party 1/10) because I thought that would give me more XP than bringing a 10/10 party and also because I think it's a lot more fun than just clicking F1 > F3 and my party doing all the work for me.

I made a test, on the same hideout (loading saved game right before entering the hideout), with 3 different situations and these were my initial stats:

Initial XP: 86308 / 87422 xp (lvl 16)
Initial Money: 56391 denars

1) Solo fight (Party 1/10) - 2 runs

Dead: 13
Wounded: 2
Final XP: 5836 / 105906 XP (lvl 17) - 1st run
Final XP: 5529 / 105906 XP (lvl 17) - 2nd run
XP gain: 6950 XP - 1st run
XP gain: 6643 XP - 2nd run
Final Money: 57373 denars
Money gain: 928 denars
Renown: 5.7
Morale: 2.9

2) Solo fight (Party 10/10)
- In this situation I brought my troops, went to fight alone and they stayed at the beginning of the hideout without interfering.

Dead: 12
Wounded: 3
Final XP: 6063 / 105906 XP (lvl 17)
XP gain: 7177 XP

3) Only troops fight (Party 10/10)
- In this situation I stayed at the beginning of the hideout, and F1 > F3. My only action was killing the final boss.

Dead: 7
Wounded: 8
Final XP: 86951 / 87422 xp (lvl 16)
XP gain: 643 xp (probably from killing final boss)
Renown: 5.8
(+0.1 than the other ones)

Conclusion:

While I should have done more runs to get a better sample, I believe that:

- Most effective way to gain XP doing Hideouts is bringing your party (10/10) and doing all the work alone (troops don't interfere).
- You gain the same amount of Renown and Morale going alone (1/10) or with a party (10/10) (only +0.1 on situation nr.3).
- You gain the same amount of money going alone (1/10) or with a party (10/10).

Issues (IMO):

- Doing hideouts solo (1/10) should give more XP than doing it alone with a full party (10/10).
- Doing hideouts solo (1/10) should give more Renown than with a full party (10/10).

You're getting exp from tactics and possibly medicine when you have you party with you, even if you didn't spec into those skills.
All you skill related actions generate exp regardless of you character specializations.
Every level up reduces all learning rates for all skills, so it's better to think about raising specific skills for perks/abilities to help you and NOT just leveling up for sake of leveling up.

Hi all,

I've been doing quite a few Hideouts solo (Party 1/10) because I thought that would give me more XP than bringing a 10/10 party and also because I think it's a lot more fun than just clicking F1 > F3 and my party doing all the work for me.

I made a test, on the same hideout (loading saved game right before entering the hideout), with 3 different situations and these were my initial stats:

Initial XP: 86308 / 87422 xp (lvl 16)
Initial Money: 56391 denars

1) Solo fight (Party 1/10) - 2 runs

Dead: 13
Wounded: 2
Final XP: 5836 / 105906 XP (lvl 17) - 1st run
Final XP: 5529 / 105906 XP (lvl 17) - 2nd run
XP gain: 6950 XP - 1st run
XP gain: 6643 XP - 2nd run

2) Solo fight (Party 10/10)
- In this situation I brought my troops, went to fight alone and they stayed at the beginning of the hideout without interfering.

Dead: 12
Wounded: 3
Final XP: 6063 / 105906 XP (lvl 17)
XP gain: 7177 XP

3) Only troops fight (Party 10/10)
- In this situation I stayed at the beginning of the hideout, and F1 > F3. My only action was killing the final boss.

Dead: 7
Wounded: 8
Final XP: 86951 / 87422 xp (lvl 16)
XP gain: 643 xp (probably from killing final boss)
Renown: 5.8
(+0.1 than the other ones)

Conclusion:

While I should have done more runs to get a better sample, I believe that:

- Most effective way to gain XP doing Hideouts is bringing your party (10/10) and doing all the work alone (troops don't interfere).
- You gain the same amount of Renown and Morale going alone (1/10) or with a party (10/10) (only +0.1 on situation nr.3).
- You gain the same amount of money going alone (1/10) or with a party (10/10).

Issues (IMO):

- Doing hideouts solo (1/10) should give more XP than doing it alone with a full party (10/10).
- Doing hideouts solo (1/10) should give more Renown than with a full party (10/10).
dud u gain xp ONLY from lvling skills, like, u shoot dem with bow=u got bow xp=bow xp transfered to ur raw xp. dats how it works brou
i mean if u dont foit = u dont get exp got it right

dud u gain xp ONLY from lvling skills, like, u shoot dem with bow=u got bow xp=bow xp transfered to ur raw xp. dats how it works brou
i mean if u dont foit = u dont get exp got it right
No it's not how it works. You gain skill xp in tactics, athletics/riding and whatever weapons you use and ofc medicine (unless someone else in the party is designated medic) every battle. Just like every time you trade for a profit you gain trade skill.

No it's not how it works. You gain skill xp in tactics, athletics/riding and whatever weapons you use and ofc medicine (unless someone else in the party is designated medic) every battle. Just like every time you trade for a profit you gain trade skill.
dud that what i meant. u just rewrited my post

:grin: thx m8

if u dont have space in tactics\leadership or w\e else passive skills u will not get exp from batles by just standing n watching dem soldiers fight aaah dunno how else can i explain dat
All skills will level up your character even if they are in the red. If you don't believe me go max out something like smithing and continue to smith. Even thought if it's maxed out your character will level up. So the skill may be capped but they still contribute to the leveling of your character that's what @AnandaShanti was talking about.

All skills will level up your character even if they are in the red. If you don't believe me go max out something like smithing and continue to smith. Even thought if it's maxed out your character will level up. So the skill may be capped but they still contribute to the leveling of your character that's what @AnandaShanti was talking about.
hmm maybe i got outdated info, havent played since 1.5.2. And what about companions lvling? if my man at 150 polearm capped, same athletics capped, will he be able to get experience? by just swingin dat glave and runnin around?

hmm maybe i got outdated info, havent played since 1.5.2. And what about companions lvling? if my man at 150 polearm capped, same athletics capped, will he be able to get experience? by just swingin dat glave and runnin around?
Afaik it's always been that way. It may not be apparent but it does happen, so that's why getting to character levels in the 30's is possible. Even with so few attribute points and skill points the highest really should be capped around 25 or so. The worst part is as your character levels up it becomes harder to level up each skill. It's far better than it originally system but it's one of the worst leveling systems I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom