Hi, One question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Avenger1232

Recruit
Hi, i'm by no means new to modding. But I am new to mount and blade. I made a simple dagger to put into the game. Textured etc.

I followed a tutorial I found made by Yoshiboy, but I got stuck on this part
Code:
Step 7 - getting the mesh in game

Before you can see it in game you need to set up a new object with the mesh. For this we are going to use the python scripts. Read this thread for information on how to get started on the python scripts.

Once you have got all of the python scripts set up and referring to your mod you will want to create a new item that uses your mesh. To do this we use module_items.py
there is lots of information on using module_items.py in winters brilliant documentation found here.

There we have lots of information including creating a new item, when you have created this new item. In the part where you enter the mesh name, simply enter the name of your new mesh, as found in it's BRF file.

compile the scripts, and that's it. You're done. All you need to do is start up mount and blade and look around the shops.

Do you have to do this or can you use the item editor. And if you do, what do you do?

it might be possible by duplicating an existing entry and then changing the mesh id in the txt file to correlate with your new mesh

if you open item_kinds.txt you'll see:

Code:
 itm_horse_meat Horse_Meat Horse_Meat 1  raw_meat 0  34078731 0 12 0 40.000000 100 30 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 40 0 0

so raw_meat would be the mesh, for example.

You should be able to duplicate one of the weapon tuples, paste it at the bottom, change the name (itm_) and the mesh and then you can edit the item in the item editor.

I've never tried that but so no reason why it wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom