Hi, i'm getting crashes using dismemberment plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

sifis172

Sergeant Knight
hi, thanks in advance. i have only a mod, dismemberment plus.
and harmony
better exception window
butterlib
UiextendederEx
and Mod Configuration menu V4
and after the other necessary files that are on from the original game.
and below all those a mod "attribute every other level.
all mods are loaded in this order. they're just suggested in the nexus page in order to play
with dismemberment and atribute every other lvl, i played about a week.
and it worked fine.
but suddenly it crashes on the first loading screen.
thanks for any help.

i'm on 1.80.
Someone on the attribute mod said this:
Had an issue where it would cause a crash on startup on 1.8.0, i started the game without the mod, deleted all my old save data in the saved games, and restarted with the mod enabled. It worked after that

the thing is that i have disabled dismemberment plus and all it's necessary files,
and i start only with the attribute per other level.
in the launching scene i have disabled everything except attribute per other level.
by the way thenks for helping me!

According to that comment, disabling the mod, deleting your saves, then restarting the game with the mods enabled could fix it.

damn.. okay thanks!
Dismemberment Plus is completely Plug and Play its addition or removal has no bearing on your save files whatsoever.

If you crash on load when DP is enabled it can be a few different things,
1. Wrong mod version to game version,
2. Out of Date Support mods = Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtender, Mod Configuration Menu (make sure they are updated to your current game version)
3. Make sure the DP dll file is unblocked on your machine. Just locate the file in your Module\DismembermentPlus folder, right-click, and if it shows you an option to click a button to UnBlock, click it.

If you have any issues with the mod hit me up on Nexus or my Discord which is linked from the mod page.

Dismemberment Plus is completely Plug and Play its addition or removal has no bearing on your save files whatsoever.

If you crash on load when DP is enabled it can be a few different things,
1. Wrong mod version to game version,
2. Out of Date Support mods = Harmony, ButterLib, UIExtender, Mod Configuration Menu (make sure they are updated to your current game version)
3. Make sure the DP dll file is unblocked on your machine. Just locate the file in your Module\DismembermentPlus folder, right-click, and if it shows you an option to click a button to UnBlock, click it.

If you have any issues with the mod hit me up on Nexus or my Discord which is linked from the mod page.
Ok thanks mate

As far I know this mod hasn't been updated to the latest ver. e1.8.0.318937
This mod was last updated on 20 Jun. The latest 1.8.0 came up on 26 Jul or so.

Its a bit confusing as both version of the game are shown as 1.8.0 but they are not the same and mods need to be reworked.

Its a bit confusing as both version of the game are shown as 1.8.0 but they are not the same and mods need to be reworked.

The latest 1.8 hotfix didnt affect it. Its still working flawless for me

Not sure exactly what you were experiencing.. I haven't needed to update the mod since June as the it was running stable after hotfixes.

What I can perhaps elaborate on is:
If you installed the 1.8.0 version of the mod and your game version was still 1.7.2 you might have needed to completely delete the mod from your modules directory and install the version for 1.7.2.
There were changes between the two versions that required some new files to be added into the localization folders.
If you reverted the mod by simply doing a directory copy the new files would have not been removed and you then you could have experienced a crash.

Back
Top Bottom