Hey Gamers, what do you actually like about Bannerlord multiplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know I know "controversial" but what do people actually like about multiplayer. Please, im looking for well devised responses amidst all this crap being slung on the forums!

I love the idea of captain mode and although i don't find it playable currently I have high hopes for PvP games with controllable armies when we have the tools to make use of them.

I enjoy the visuals, I enjoy that eventually (when it’s all sorted out and balanced)we will have some extra tools in our combat to fight with... uh, there isn’t a great deal that I really LIKE come to think of it :razz:

I play almost only Skirmish.

One of the things I enjoy the most is to play with and against friends and familiar faces.

Well and every single kill is a small achievement.
Sometimes I like to go Solo because it can be such an unfair challenge.

And personally, I like the flow of attacks. They have a good fluidity.

Left Alt is a great addition

The faction aesthetics are very nice. Like warband, each faction has a unique and cool flavor.

Captain mode is fun and should have been a thing in Warband native.

The maps *look* very cool. Not speaking about balance at all, but the aesthetics are great. I am beyond excited for the map editor.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: I actually really like the cav vs cav. It feels really good the way it is right now. The new stab direction really helps, and hits feel impactful. It took adjusting, but the lance timing feels more controllable than Warband cav, probably because the lances are so much faster. The only thing I do not like about it is how easy couching is in 2v1 engagements. Unlike spearman vs cav, couches do not threaten me in 1v1 cav v cav. They can consistently be outreached and the person couching can be punished. Hopefully a cav rework doesn't screw this up. As long as couches, armor, rearing is the only thing being adjusted, I dont see how it could.

Left Alt is a great addition

The faction aesthetics are very nice. Like warband, each faction has a unique and cool flavor.

Captain mode is fun and should have been a thing in Warband native.

The maps *look* very cool. Not speaking about balance at all, but the aesthetics are great. I am beyond excited for the map editor.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: I actually really like the cav vs cav. It feels really good the way it is right now. The new stab direction really helps, and hits feel impactful. It took adjusting, but the lance timing feels more controllable than Warband cav, probably because the lances are so much faster. The only thing I do not like about it is how easy couching is in 2v1 engagements. Unlike spearman vs cav, couches do not threaten me in 1v1 cav v cav. They can consistently be outreached and the person couching can be punished. Hopefully a cav rework doesn't screw this up. As long as couches, armor, rearing is the only thing being adjusted, I dont see how it could.
Well i like all factions look besides battania and sturgia. Cuz for me its basically the same fac with different colors. (not in how they play tho).

and yes cav new attack direction is probably the best thing in bannerlord rn. It'll be even funnier when they remove couch spam

I played warband death match arena with about 20 players and it was none stop fun. this needs adding to multiplayer in bannnerlord.

I enjoy skirmish. Playing with and against familiar people. The combat mechanics, even though they are not perfectly balances yet, offer a high skill cap, i.e. Chain attacks, kicking etc.

• Combat's core is pretty much the same as in Warband, plus the new features and it's great.
  • Double W/S feature for cavalry - I can't ride the horses in Warband after that, they feel outdated now.
  • Matchmaking - always wanted one for Warband(thanks to those who modded it in, btw) and glad it's here from the start.
  • Animations in general are very nice.
  • Sieges are great.
  • Combos look really nice.
  • I like the class system. It's streamlined and easy to tweak for balance and other things - great choice for competitive.
  • I like that we can play heavily armoured classes from the start in Skirmish. In Warband's battle it took a while to get the armour and with the tournament formats(ft3) it was pretty much impossible to get full armour - every fight there was a hobo brawl.
  • I like that we have horse archers now, even though I hate the class. Sure they might be annoying, but I prefer dealing with them via balancing and whatnot instead of completely abandoning them and pretending they don't exist, like the community did in Warband.

Fundamentally it is still Mount & Blade MP. And I love Mount & Blade MP so that's its main appeal. I do think the graphics and animations make a huge difference; like I'm not sure I could go back now.

Also siege gameplay and captains are great. The additional siege equipment adds so much to the game.

I think overall; its not quite where I want it to be yet. But I'm really excited for the future. Bannerlord will be a game I am playing for the next decade - just wish we could get a few key points sorted.

I actually am liking the class system (plz no bully me) , even though it is currently woefully unbalanced.
Captains and Skirmish are very fun and (kinda) new game modes
graphics are awesome, and some small mechanics (eg. w double tap on horseback) really does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom