Heroes of the Storm

Users who are viewing this thread

Vraelomon said:
I saw it was out there, but I can't quite remember what it was about, and I can't be bothered to Google it. Anyone else got this problem?
Well, I can retract that, because I just bothered myself to Google it. Bing it, actually. I still have no idea what it is, but it looks cool so it has to be good. Based off of the one image I found, it's a combination of Mario cart and world of warcraft. Like azeroth grand prix, just really really big.

That probably not what it is, But that's what I'm thinking.  :meh:

It's rather casual and very easy to get into, and everyone in the team is rewarded equally and ****. There's no items, no gold, only XP, and you level as a team, not an individual, everyone contributes to the same XP pool.

A bit too simple and balance seem a bit frustrating still, but we'll see. If you wanna post your nicknames here, we can add each other. Might even start adding them to the OP for convenience for all. I'm HarkonRules .

It seems Blizzard likes to make adding friends as awkward as possible, so you need to add your friend's name followed by his battlenet code (a 4 digit number in this format #xxxx); it's found either in-game in your profile or the battle net launcher.

This game isn't as brutal as dota/lol but it still can't avoid the pitfalls of what makes games in this format one of the worlds ****tiest team games. Without fail when a game starts to go bad towards the end the teams always just turn on one another blaming everyone but themselves for the loss.

Props to them for reducing complexity and streamlining the format a bit more with map objectives, but the game also feels a touch too normalized, it is really hard to poke your head out and excel in any way without the team.

It really needs a huge amount of teamwork to be fun and progress past some basic style of gameplay that you just can't get going at it alone. So the game looks nice and is something to do when you have a few buddies, but at the end of the day, it is still got all the dota/lol problems in there.

Just got invited to the Beta myself. I have 4 invite codes for North America. PM if interested.

I have played quite a bit. The game is kind of half baked. Some champions have amazing kits, others are very bland. The biggest issue is healers though. There's no "items" in the game so there's no heal countering. The healing champs can bring their team up to full health and there's nothing, short of stun locking, that you can do about it. That's the biggest issue in the game right now, if your comp is bad, you can't itemize to tilt favor.

They are actively trying to tone down supports while still keeping them relevant, it's been publicly said. I for one think a talent a la "Mortal Strike" of WoW would be great; something that gave some heroes' skills or traits an healing reduction method.

Back
Top Bottom