Dump identifier (optional)
None

Heilong

Recruit
Lost a battle
Got captured
Trying to get home, but my speed is 3.4
I am alone, with a horse, not overburdened
Seeing a herd penalty of 3.99. This is mostly what is taking me from the base speed of 4.99 to 3.4
What herd?!? I have no pack animals, sheep or cows.
I have the horse I am riding, 1 warhorse, and 2 lame horses in inventory. Are lame horses herd?

I have experienced this every time I am captured. Getting to a safe zone is nearly impossible and takes 3 or 4 tries and is based on luck. Anyone can run me down and scoop me back up to prison. This stinks.

Heilong

Lost a battle
Got captured
Trying to get home, but my speed is 3.4
I am alone, with a horse, not overburdened
Seeing a herd penalty of 3.99. This is mostly what is taking me from the base speed of 4.99 to 3.4
What herd?!? I have no pack animals, sheep or cows.
I have the horse I am riding, 1 warhorse, and 2 lame horses in inventory. Are lame horses herd?

I have experienced this every time I am captured. Getting to a safe zone is nearly impossible and takes 3 or 4 tries and is based on luck. Anyone can run me down and scoop me back up to prison. This stinks.

Heilong
Uploaded screenshot of inventory and speed modifiers with link to post in description

Now my character has 66 troops and speed is 7.05
No herd penalty
Uploading new screenshot for that as well.
I do get burden and all, but why would having more troops alleviate herd penalty and why was there herd penalty at all when there was no herd?

Forwarded to the QA team.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This is how herd works. To have no penalty, You can have 1 animal + 1 riding horse per party member. The other animal can also be a horse, but it can't be 2 cows. You had 4 which is double the safe amount and just enough to get the maximum malus. 1 horse +1 cow, no penalty. 2 horse, no penalty. 2 cows, 50% penalty. 3 horses or 1 horse and 2 cows, etc, 50% penalty. 3 cows, 100% penalty. 4 anything, 100% penalty, even if 1 or all are horses. Each animal counts as 1 herd and only 1 horse can be a freebie, so at 4 horses, you get the 100% penalty of 3 animals or more per party member.

This is how herd works. To have no penalty, You can have 1 animal + 1 riding horse per party member. The other animal can also be a horse, but it can't be 2 cows. You had 4 which is double the safe amount and just enough to get the maximum malus. 1 horse +1 cow, no penalty. 2 horse, no penalty. 2 cows, 50% penalty. 3 horses or 1 horse and 2 cows, etc, 50% penalty. 3 cows, 100% penalty. 4 anything, 100% penalty, even if 1 or all are horses. Each animal counts as 1 herd and only 1 horse can be a freebie, so at 4 horses, you get the 100% penalty of 3 animals or more per party member.
Hmmm.. thank you. had not realized two horses would count as herd. Appreciate the info.

This happened again. new game, 1.5.7. No mods.
Lost battle and, after release, have herd penalty of 3.99
I had two war camels. I dismissed one and still had penalty
I dismissed the second and still have the herd penalty of 3.99
My character is alone, on a horse and has load within capacity. Should be cruising above 6, not crawling at 3.2
Got chased down by two parties and had to drop roughly 200K in bribes to get the short distance home.
posted screenshot and save game. for review
Thank you

i know im necroing but this bug has resurfaced in my current playthrough is it known if it was only solved for fresh campaigns? or should i recreate it and submit the file

Back
Top Bottom