Heraldic banner mesh background array

Users who are viewing this thread

Yagababa

Regular
Hey guys,

I'm trying to add heraldic armors to a WFAS multiplayer mod, and am running into the black background color issue similar to this thread:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/heraldic-armor-issue-help.269898/#post-9185215

I want to completely get rid of the native banners and only present 16 (one page) of options, but so far haven't been able to even figure out how to get background for the native banners (apart from faction banners).

Does anyone have any idea where I should start?

Solution
Perhaps this one helps you, it tackles the issue with the black background and banner background colour array:
Alright after a lot of testing I found the problem--it wasn't the issue in that thread but reading through it helped me to learn how the game handles heraldic items.

I'm working with Fire and Sword, and for posterity if anyone is reading this with the same issue try this:

It turns out you need to go into module_tableau_materials and edit the line
(store_sub, ":background_slot", ":banner_mesh", arms_meshes_begin),
by replacing arms_meshes_begin to banner_meshes_begin. I think for some reason in WFAS multiplayer they use the...
Perhaps this one helps you, it tackles the issue with the black background and banner background colour array:
Alright after a lot of testing I found the problem--it wasn't the issue in that thread but reading through it helped me to learn how the game handles heraldic items.

I'm working with Fire and Sword, and for posterity if anyone is reading this with the same issue try this:

It turns out you need to go into module_tableau_materials and edit the line
(store_sub, ":background_slot", ":banner_mesh", arms_meshes_begin),
by replacing arms_meshes_begin to banner_meshes_begin. I think for some reason in WFAS multiplayer they use the banner meshes and not the arms meshes, so the offset is really messed up by default--I guess because there's no heraldic items in native WFAS.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom