Heraldic Armour?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think heraldry was as developed and common in the vague time period bannerlord presents as opposed to the vague period Warband does.
Also, I do not think that BL has to do everything WB did. It's a different game.

I don't think heraldry was as developed and common in the vague time period bannerlord presents as opposed to the vague period Warband does.
Also, I do not think that BL has to do everything WB did. It's a different game.

There is heraldic armour already, but it only ever has one charge: a lion. A bit lame, it feels like Vlandia has some sort of "uniform" standards when it comes to their army, and if there's something the 11th Century is not, is uniform.

So... yes, proper heraldic armour, please.

Yes and No...

I try to explain my opinion on this:

-> Yes, I agree and would like to be able to see some sort of visual difference with the help of colors and heraldic elements on some armors, especially on the higher tier pieces...

-> No, not yet, at least not before other elements of the game and visual elements are polished.

Example: the first days/weeks after EA release, the banner elements are broken on the shields which got at least fixed in terms of visibility. And they are still not centered (texture on the model) on most shields which is pretty distracting for those with some degree of visual OCD (like me), especially with circular emblems.

Even the name-giving "Banners" aren't in the vanilla build, yet and I personally would love to see some lances with a small banner piece like in WB or a piece of cloth over a mail with at least the colors but at the current state it is a detail which isn't that important compared to a working battle and campain AI for example.

EDIT: I personally prefer to play entirely without the blob-icons above the units which might help others but are very distracting (and ugly/ immersion breaking) for me

Last edited:
There is heraldic armour already, but it only ever has one charge: a lion. A bit lame, it feels like Vlandia has some sort of "uniform" standards when it comes to their army, and if there's something the 11th Century is not, is uniform.

So... yes, proper heraldic armour, please.
All factions have pretty uniform armor though, it's not in any way unique to Vlandia.

I don't think having Heraldic armour is in any way "copying" WB. That is very very similar to saying WB had lords, so BL is copying, that is how important heraldry was to armies. Also, the coat of plates have a clear lion symbol on most elite troops, so seeing that expanded shouldn't be seen as "no it's too similar to WB".

There is heraldic armour already, but it only ever has one charge: a lion. A bit lame, it feels like Vlandia has some sort of "uniform" standards when it comes to their army, and if there's something the 11th Century is not, is uniform
It's lame because it has only pre defined crest (the vlandian lion). It would be nice to have your own crest on it instead. So, yeah, proper heraldic armour please

This is just an re request of advance armament post from before. There are similar armors from both Vladia and Empire but personally i dont like to advanced armors in this one since its pre that timeline and would do better with other cool ones which fits the time and the idea with later armors as this could be applied with mods of which it already is

We had both plate and byrnies in the same game in Warband.
The setting and story are there to add to the gameplay, not the other way around.

Heraldic gear was cool in Warband, it'd be cool in Bannerlord too.

If you're concerned about "the time period" just make it a surcoat over some mail or a tabard or something less fancy. Not all factions need to have heraldic gear available, just like in Warband ^

Deep down we all want it.

I would be against it, but its already too late. Surcoats and even coat of plates exist in Bannerlord sadly. Since they're already in, I say screw it. Lets have some actual heraldry on those coats please. And lets have more colour coding on the equipment too, like on Battanian Tartan for example.

Back
Top Bottom