Help with Steppe Bandit Quest - Range

Users who are viewing this thread

So, the changes regarding this type of quest I assume is a reduction in range? It's to the point where bandits that are 2 seconds away from the quest giver don't count anymore. This has always been a frustrating quest given the bandits' troop counts, but this new nerf just made it completely a waste of time. You'd probably lose more money from daily wages doing this quest than the actual rewards. In fact, I sense this pattern from a lot of other quests that have been nerfed lol.

Last edited:
I don't know what's changed about that quest, but I just failed that one last night because the specific steppe bandits were nowhere to be found. I don't know why its set up so that you have to kill specific marked parties and not just any old steppe bandits, because sometimes the right ones just don't appear, or maybe they're immediately getting wiped out as soon as they spawn.

I don't know what's changed about that quest, but I just failed that one last night because the specific steppe bandits were nowhere to be found. I don't know why its set up so that you have to kill specific marked parties and not just any old steppe bandits, because sometimes the right ones just don't appear, or maybe they're immediately getting wiped out as soon as they spawn.

They should become marked as they enter the prescribed range ("1 day's ride") of the settlement where you got the quest. That was the behavior before and it worked fine for me.

If it isn't working that way, report it in the Tech Support forum so the devs actually see it.

Failed same quest in 1.4.2, there was no forest bandits around to fulfill conditions. Will stay away from this quest for now, which is sad, because there only 2 village quests left worth doing.

They should become marked as they enter the prescribed range ("1 day's ride") of the settlement where you got the quest. That was the behavior before and it worked fine for me.

If it isn't working that way, report it in the Tech Support forum so the devs actually see it.
Oh is that how it works? Maybe they ought to increase the range then. One days ride isn't that large of an area.

Oh is that how it works? Maybe they ought to increase the range then. One days ride isn't that large of an area.
Yup. Absolutely positive. I have done this a lot.
At lower tiers when they give you the quest to hunt 2 or 3 parties it's okey, but later when they give you 7-8 parties to hunt you can run out f them in straight vicinity but you can go farther and just herd them into quest givers day-range and it gets a mark automatically.

Also the good thing about marked parties is that no matter they speed you DO eventually catch up with them, even with much slower parties. They seem to have the setting that checks for the enemy numbers off, so they aren't "afraid" of you and don't run away even when you outnumber them.

Back
Top Bottom