Help With English Translation

Users who are viewing this thread

sveco

Recruit
Hi,
No offense, but I noticed couple of errors in english texts/dialogs. I can help the mod creator with translations if needed.
Thanks for the great mod.

Even with my very very average English i saw some..  mistakes ^^
They need your help. :smile:
But this is still the best mod.  :cool:

Dark_Hamlet said:
You need to be able to understand Mandarin Chinese first.

I think he was refering more to the parts that are already translated but not with perfect english. Those texts that you understand what they mean to say but the grammar is completely wrong.

Personally I dont mind the occasional bad grammar and typos; they add some kind of charm to the mod, but I wouldn't mind them being worked on either. If i could help with that as well; let me know.

:grin: Thanks, all! We are still working on the correction/improvement for the English translation. Please feel free to let me know by posting here or sending PM if you would give any detail opinions/suggestions.

Well, I can help with chinese translation. English to chinese or chinese to english whatsoever. I'm an asian chinese. Glad to help!  :grin:

Hello, buddies~ We are still on the correcting/re-editting job for Chapter I. Could you please help pick out the mistakes/problems you found in detail while playing the game and give your advice to correct/refine the text? Directly post here or send PM to me, as you like.  Hopefully we can finish it asap within this month.  :smile:

Imperial_XI said:
well fenrir's part has some horrible grammer, the swadian officer says what's the **** and some more.

Imperial_XI said:
oh and the mountain bandit leader dude speaks in broken english.

Could you please advise in detail? Thanks. :smile:

I can help with some of the translation (Singaporean chinese) although my chinese is quite bad, but verbal or just really simple chinese lol.

but my chinese is quite bad and i do direct translation like

for say it's secondary title I read it as 'Legend of the Calradia Heroes'

Well, that's what I can tell it's wrong: "the enemy leader is die" (correct would be: is dead), "x enemy is surrended" (correct: x enemy has surrended [I think])
Secret man: "the battle is in favor to us" (I'm not sure about this, but I think it is: the battle is in our favor)
"your bravery inspired the soldiers" (just change "inspired" to "inspires")

Apolo said:
Well, that's what I can tell it's wrong: "the enemy leader is die" (correct would be: is dead), "x enemy is surrended" (correct: x enemy has surrended [I think])
Secret man: "the battle is in favor to us" (I'm not sure about this, but I think it is: the battle is in our favor)
Got it, Apolo. Thank you very much! :grin:

Apolo said:

The enemy leader is dead.
x enemies have surrendered.
The battle is in our favour/favor.
Your bravery has inspired the troops.

Apolo said:
Is there any .txt that you can send me to analyze the errors and do any necessaries changes, then send you back?

Do not worry, it has been done. When the update bringing you chapter two arrives, you will notice a totally remade first chapter with zero to none mod-related grammatical errors and people with accents and attitudes. Just have some patience. Nora works hard for you. So does oolonglgx. They just want to see you lads happy.

splofot said:
The enemy leader is dead.
x enemies have surrendered.
The battle is in our favour/favor.
Your bravery has inspired the troops.

Is it right to use a word dead or die?

I mean, most of them don't dead right? Just knocked out.

btw. I have some issues with lord, Is this a bug?

It's happen when I fight him after zendar defense but don't have faction yet.
after defeat him I got dialog like "will you join me?" or something. and I choose it.
and the scene disappear, Nothing happen.

And when I have my first castle, he come back. But he doesn't join me.
Instead His dialog's like he's the king himself.  and character info said he leave the realm.

But couple weeks later. He appear again. same place. and asked to join my faction, I accept. The End.

ps. After lord from the dark join me, their  title still be "gerera" (Is that a short for General or just miss spell?) until they got a fief.
It should be like that? just curious.

Is the whole text of the mod in the languages/en folder? If so i could translate the whole mod today. Though its a hell of a work to get the context of what you want to say in some of the conversations ^^

Especialy the poems are hard to translate, you simply can't translate all things from chinese to english 1:1, half of the meaning gets lost on it's way but i'm dooing my best to keep the esential message of the texts, only 2 files remaining to translate, will upload it later...

Update: Only 1 file remaining but it's the biggest one, don't know if i have the nerves left to do that one today but the game is much more enjoying with proper english, so you know what you are dooing! :razz:

I also noticed some contradictions in the story, example: in the intro you talk about the destruction of the Durhae empire and the foundation of a new calradian empire, in the dialogue about the diary you speak of emperors trying to hide the truth about the life of king Leon who created the new calradian empire. An empire is ruled by an emperor, a kingdom by a king, fixed that for you, it's emperor Leon now :wink:

Update 2: here are the translated files (excluding the dialogue file, which is a ***** of a file).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb7sn7n7xrg1unq/en.rar?m

Back
Top Bottom