help w/openbrf, tweaking imported armor

Users who are viewing this thread

jones0901

Recruit
hello,
so, i've imported the noble armor from brytenwalda, which looks great and imports fine, only there is no neck on the character when he wears that armor. Is there a way to either import a neck, or cover the armor with a scarf or something to cover the missing texture? i cant seem to pull any pieces between brf files.

anyway, can anyone suggest something for this? thanks.

Select the neck from another armour, press ctrl+c, then go to your brf and select the armour you want it to go with, press ctrl+v, rename it to you_armour_name.1 (or whatever number is suitable).

I made a guide to customising armours, should be in the VC mods forum section.

Well sense this is a brf help thread I thought i'd post this here instead of making a new topic.
Im curious about the brf's inside of the VC resource folder. Seems like everyone I try to open and want to use something out of them(example im making a tower for the world map as an icon but i wanted to texture it with the same materials as other buildings as to not have it look off) but the brf's seemed locked. I do not get any extract options for meshs or materials. How can I use those textures/materials? Thanks!

Sorenerv said:
Well sense this is a brf help thread I thought i'd post this here instead of making a new topic.
Im curious about the brf's inside of the VC resource folder. Seems like everyone I try to open and want to use something out of them(example im making a tower for the world map as an icon but i wanted to texture it with the same materials as other buildings as to not have it look off) but the brf's seemed locked. I do not get any extract options for meshs or materials. How can I use those textures/materials? Thanks!

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your problem. Not sure what you mean by 'locked'. You're using OpenBRF to open them right?

For exporting when you open up vc_iconos for example there will only be the meshes in that brf. You should be able to right click on the mesh you want to edit and select 'export static mesh'. Then edit it with wings or whatever, and reimport through the import menu in OpenBRF. 

As you've probably already worked out, the materials  are located in a different brf, easily found by clicking the Material text in the data section when you have the mesh selected.  Materials can't be exported afaik, they're only stored in the brfs. But they can be duplicated, copied between brfs, renamed and edited.

Textures aren't technically stored in the brfs. They need to have en entry in one to be used by the game, but the actual files are in the textures folder, can be edited with PS/gimp and the dds plugin.

As I don't understand your problem some of this info will be stuff you already know, but hopefully can help a bit.

kraggrim said:
Sorenerv said:

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your problem. Not sure what you mean by 'locked'. You're using OpenBRF to open them right?

For exporting when you open up vc_iconos for example there will only be the meshes in that brf. You should be able to right click on the mesh you want to edit and select 'export static mesh'. Then edit it with wings or whatever, and reimport through the import menu in OpenBRF. 

As you've probably already worked out, the materials  are located in a different brf, easily found by clicking the Material text in the data section when you have the mesh selected.  Materials can't be exported afaik, they're only stored in the brfs. But they can be duplicated, copied between brfs, renamed and edited.

Textures aren't technically stored in the brfs. They need to have en entry in one to be used by the game, but the actual files are in the textures folder, can be edited with PS/gimp and the dds plugin.

As I don't understand your problem some of this info will be stuff you already know, but hopefully can help a bit.

Oh ok its been about 6 months I was working with the graphics for M&B. I forgot all about copying between OpenBRF's! Thats great thanks for that. About textures I meant the BRF file named textures.brf which has a lot of the in game textures for structures inside of it and many others. Im using wings3d, just built a tower that im making for use on the world map as an icon, I was wanting to use the same textures that are used for things on the world map now and for use also in scenes. That is no good that export of some things is not possible :sad:

not everything can be found inside the textures folder. but i may hopefully have enough!

Thanks for the reply

Sorenerv said:
That is no good that export of some things is not possible :sad:
Which things is it you want to export but cannot? There might be an alternate method.

not everything can be found inside the textures folder. but i may hopefully have enough!

Hmmm, all the textures should be in the Viking Conquest textures folder. I guess it might use a few from native that are in C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Textures . Which textures are you unable to find?

kraggrim said:
Which textures are you unable to find?
@Sorenerv:
Set your module folder and hit CTRL+F to search all BRFs from your mod. You can even filter meshes, textures, ...

You can also include new textures , create new meshes, include them on your module source and use them ingame. Its up to you, its all moddable.

Visit the tool forum to read on guides/tutorials/Q&A about it, plenty of stuff there to help you out
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,215.0.html

Back
Top Bottom