HELP Try to replace head of female

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Calradia ,

I ask for help today because I 'm blocked by a problem during the replacing of the female character head o_O Since yesterday I try to rig my head model on blender and reimport it in fbx to the ressource editor but ... every time the head is not rigged to the skeleton during the animations in model viewer of the editor , I 'm pretty lost ..

I found some threads on how import helmet or armor but not really for elements of the human body
Here is my process with some photo it will be more clear to you :

Imgur photo

waiting for your help guys , I'm going crazy jajaja

I've not imported a head. They have facial morphs etc., which make them more complicated than helmets. However:

Some vertices not skinned to any bone. Skinning them to root bone. This may cause rendering problems.

for a helmet that would need you to clean vertices and normalise weights (as Bannerlord translates a weight of 0 as 1). When exporting a rigged mesh from Blender you need to disable Add Leaf Bones - that box is ticked in your photo when it needs to be unticked.

You may also need to give it a material that that has Enable Skinning ticked in its Vertex Layout.

However, I suspect you'll still fall foul of the complicated facial morphs and hair mappings, which still need a guide/trailblazer.

BTW you can use the forum's TWIM image repository to upload pictures https://tw.greywool.com/i/

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer @NPC99 ?

I've tried to normalise weights but the problem still the same , I think it come from the vertices but I don't know how to clean up more than I already did .. I've searched some breaking points or some missing faces but all is good

I was thinking that "add leaf bones" must be ticked for a body parts like the head , I will try to export it without thanks !

Hope the rest of the mappings wont be too cruel with me ahah

Upvote 0
Thanks for your answer @NPC99 ?

I've tried to normalise weights but the problem still the same , I think it come from the vertices but I don't know how to clean up more than I already did .. I've searched some breaking points or some missing faces but all is good

I was thinking that "add leaf bones" must be ticked for a body parts like the head , I will try to export it without thanks !

Hope the rest of the mappings wont be too cruel with me ahah

Upvote 0
Awesome , thanksss, this little trick make disappear the error message for the lost skinned vertices !

EqvD9.png

" You may also need to give it a material that that has Enable Skinning ticked in its Vertex Layout "
I have to do this in Blender or after the import in the MB editor ?

Just for the test I input some MB materials to my new head and I 've tried to see the new version in the viewer :

- first animation ok (with some adjustments about the rigging I think, shoulders, etc..)

- but every time I change the animation the head is not anymore rigged and all the materials disappear (in the viewer and in edit mode, the materials still linked in the ressources browser)

Upvote 0
The Enable Skinning is done in the Tools Material editor, but should already be ticked if you're using a Bannerlord face material rather than one you created.
As I said earlier, there are problems with head morphs that I haven't seen anyone solve yet. Hopefully, Taleworlds will update their documentation to cover this soon.

Upvote 0
The Enable Skinning is done in the Tools Material editor, but should already be ticked if you're using a Bannerlord face material rather than one you created.
As I said earlier, there are problems with head morphs that I haven't seen anyone solve yet. Hopefully, Taleworlds will update their documentation to cover this soon.

OK , that could explains all the rigging bugs inside the model viewer :xf-cry: hope the documentation will be available soon ! Thanks !

Upvote 0
Hey @NPC99 !

ErVr6.png

My new character is now rigged and animated correctly :party: I finally found the shape keys for the animation and reproduce it on my model ,with the same name of keys (100 keys, this take me some time ahah) I also change my base skeleton with a clean version found on NexusMod, looking forward to add a real texture and some cool facials animations too !

thanks to Apalmemnon for the base meshes , I think thats really usefull for the rigging of the models and the clothes !

6MTLX.png

Upvote 0
Hey @NPC99 !
ErVr6.png
My new character is now rigged and animated correctly :party: I finally found the shape keys for the animation and reproduce it on my model ,with the same name of keys (100 keys, this take me some time ahah) I also change my base skeleton with a clean version found on NexusMod, looking forward to add a real texture and some cool facials animations too !

thanks to Apalmemnon for the base meshes , I think thats really usefull for the rigging of the models and the clothes !

6MTLX.png
Congratulations. That was quick work. :smile:
A hundred shape keys sounds like tons of work. I'm sure the few who are similarly undaunted by that prospect would appreciate any advice or tips you'd care to share. A number of mods intend to implement heads for non-human fantasy races. It would be cool if orcs and trolls had their own facial expressions. Too many fantasy heads were implemented in Warband as helmets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey @NPC99 !

ErVr6.png

6MTLX.png

Well done.

If you have any spare time in the future I’m looking for someone to do some new skins for white walkers and undead wights for my mod as a separate humanoid skin/or type of humanoid.

If it’s something you think you can think about doing in the future let me know,
No rush, just something to think about if you happen to come across anything in your travels that would be relevant to my mod.

Upvote 0
Thanks @NPC99 :grin: I would be happy to share the method to some motivated modder (its quite long but it worth and I will speed up the process of the shape key transfer soon) ! Orcs , elfs , or skyrim lezard .. a lot of ideas comes to me and I will certainly work on a rebuilt version mod with some awesome character morphs !

@Lonewarrior , thanks , I will finish all the creation process to be well used at the all process and it could be an awesome idea ! Contact me in few times by message and We'll discuss that ?

Upvote 0
Thanks @NPC99 :grin: I would be happy to share the method to some motivated modder (its quite long but it worth and I will speed up the process of the shape key transfer soon) ! Orcs , elfs , or skyrim lezard .. a lot of ideas comes to me and I will certainly work on a rebuilt version mod with some awesome character morphs !

@Lonewarrior , thanks , I will finish all the creation process to be well used at the all process and it could be an awesome idea ! Contact me in few times by message and We'll discuss that ?
That's great. ?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom