(Help) Shader and texture disappearing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been using OpenBRF for a while now but first ran into these problems now so i'm really confused.

First problem:
Textures disappearing/glitching out.
Its kinda hard to explain but the problem is when i replace some of textures with new ones when i move far away it shows the old ones. (look at the pictures below)

dPp6CwL.jpg
I Replaced some of the British light draggon textures with some from the britsh rocketere

Me4IKmS.jpg
When i move far enough away the old ones appear even tho they arent anywhere in the "mmbrituniforms" or "mmbrithats"

Second problem:
Shaders not appearing (I did look and this forum alot but never found a definitive answer i understood)
I have not had this problem before but on this asutrian hat i retuxerd - and then but on the britsih hussars - dosent have any shaders ingame.
kOFV9zi.jpg

I dont know anything about it but maby something to do with the shader here?
hZcayQE.jpg

- Massi

Massi said:
First problem:
Textures disappearing/glitching out.
Its kinda hard to explain but the problem is when i replace some of textures with new ones when i move far away it shows the old ones. (look at the pictures below)

When i move far enough away the old ones appear even tho they arent anywhere in the "mmbrituniforms" or "mmbrithats"

It sounds like you changed the texture of the armor you edited, but you forgot to change the texture of the armor's LODs (Levels Of Detail). LODs are replacement meshes that are used when the player is far away from the mesh. Since you don't need to see every tiny detail at a distance, those details get removed to make the game run better.

Looking at the Light Dragoon's armor, these are the different LODs in the game:

a77d8b641eee6a496a689b42eccf0ced.png

If you replace the texture on the LODs as well (british_light_dragoon.lod2 and british_light_dragoon.lod4), they'll look as you want them to from a distance.

Massi said:
Second problem:
Shaders not appearing (I did look and this forum alot but never found a definitive answer i understood)
I have not had this problem before but on this asutrian hat i retuxerd - and then but on the britsih hussars - dosent have any shaders ingame.

I dont know anything about it but maby something to do with the shader here?
hZcayQE.jpg

You're exactly right! The shader used by the material defines what kind of shading technique should be used. simple_shader doesn't have any shading at all. Since your material doesn't have any specular or bump maps, changing the shader to "standart_shader_nobump_nospec" should do the trick. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom