HELP - RGL Warning

Users who are viewing this thread

I started playing on the 22nd siege server and it was great. I go to play yesterday and now while I'm playing I keep getting a dialogue box pop up RGL Warning.
It says:
        RGL Warning
!mater->textures[rgl_mtk_diffusemap]->valid

Any idea why this is?  It makes the server unplayable for me.

Thanks.

Hmm... Have you been messing with your maps?

Anyways, is this on a single server, or all you try to join?
If it's a single server it's probably the host messing up with the map's upload or something.
If all servers, it could be the effect of you touching your directory without knowing what you're doing.

If nothing else works: reinstall

I have the same problem. You could try to force the game in single threading mode. That helped me with this specific problem but re-introduced old problem from previous versions described here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,114368.0.html

I have also posted it to BugTracker but it have been makred as "more info needed". I'm not sure that I can provide more info than I have already. You could post the contents of your RGL log file, though. Or post the file to BugTracker.

Apparently there's something not fully compatible with all systems when it comes to threading and switching the banners on the shields in multiplayer.

It weird I was able to play yesterday without any problems on that server.  It was the only server where I had the problem as well.  Hopefully it doesn't happen again. :smile:

Yea I also had problem there yesterday with the texture.. At first it was bearable since it was only doing it a little but then I had to call it a quit when I loaded a new map and all the castle texture were messed up.

Yes I also have exactly the same problem on the 22nd siege server, which to be honest is the only place to be at the moment. Forcing single threading does prevent the error but as Ivarr says the evil stuttering  happens which is just as annoying.  I've seen the black shields when this happens, so we really can't be more specific to the devs.  They probably won't help us anyway as this seems a server specific problem,well at least servers with more than a 100 players.

I have two 7800gt's running sli, Windows xp 32 and AMD 64 x2 4400 cpu. What systems are the rest of you running the game on?  Maybe we can find something common about our systems that is causing this.

Weird now whenever I play today (single player and multi) my system crashes - the screen just freezes and I get multi coloured streaks and I have to reboot.  Maybe its too much for my video card.  I have the settings turned down alot too.

AMD athlon 64 3800+, 2.41 GHz, 3 GB of ram, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200  128 MB - man my computer is getting old, maybe I should just buy a new one. :smile:

diomedesbc said:
Maybe its a problem with the custom maps.  I don't even know where I can find them in the Mount and Blade directory....

Go where your saved games/screanshots are, they are somewhere around there.

edit:

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\SceneObj

Since it didn't happen to everyone on the server (from what we know here), it's safe to say it isn't on the map maker's side. As someone said before, have you edited anything in your Native? If so what?

Well today i formated the pc. So a nice clean install and Yippee!!!! I get the error. I'm at my wits end, no idea what to do next. Maybe there is a way to alter the shield textures or alter the banners or somthing?

Back
Top Bottom