HELP! Reacting to Border Incidents: Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgaine

Recruit
I’m a queen of my own faction in Mount and Blade Warband, and I get a border incident message that local notables from a village claimed by the Rhodoks have been mistreated by overlords from my faction. I know if I don’t react, I’ll lose face and relationship points with all my vassal lords. Question is, how do I react to this to avoid losing face? If I declare war on Rhodoks through my minister, it would be considered unprovoked (how ironic, since a border incident is grounds for war isn’t it?) and I lose relationship points. If I incite war by attacking their caravans, same thing. If I do nothing, same thing, and I lose face. So is there a proper way to address this border incident? I imagine that anything I do will result in some unfortunate side affect, so I suppose it’s a matter of picking the best option to deal with this before I lose face, right to rule, relationship points, and look like a bad ruler lol. Thanks!

Its Rhodok people being mistreated, not yours, they're the ones considered 'provoked' in this situation, not you.
The message says “local notables….have been mistreated by their overlords from Camelot (my kingdom) and petition king Graveth for protection.” Sounds like it’s my faction doing the mistreating

The message says “local notables….have been mistreated by their overlords from Camelot (my kingdom) and petition king Graveth for protection.”
It literally tells you its Graveth being asked for support, not you. In this case its your kingdom which is the aggressor in the incident therefore you don't have to do anything. Its the Rhodoks who will have to either let it slide or attack.
If it was the other way around then it'd be your dilemma. Its probably why its considered unprovoked to declare on them, because they're the ones being provoked.

It literally tells you its Graveth being asked for support, not you. In this case its your kingdom which is the aggressor in the incident therefore you don't have to do anything. Its the Rhodoks who will have to either let it slide or attack.
If it was the other way around then it'd be your dilemma. Its probably why its considered unprovoked to declare on them, because they're the ones being provoked.
Ah okay, that makes sense. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom