Help needed - 3d modelling and texturing

Users who are viewing this thread

othr said:
You know you're best off just painting the rings yourself, if you can, all you need is a small tileable section :razz:
Problem with that is that i suck at painting or drawing. :razz:
I can modify someone else's stuff but that's pretty much it.

Perhaps Kuauik, Cèsar or Kurunt could do it.
Pretty please with sugar on top ?  :grin:

Cèsar de Quart said:
As far as I know, the shoulderplates are from the XIVth Century.
Lol Shoulderplates maybe ... But these are arm plates ... just simple Plate Tablet composite with belts on the arm..
BTW : If this was form XIVth Century ... They wouldn´t add this to assassins creed ... game situated to 3rd Crusade (end of the XII Century)

StylesM said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Lol Shoulderplates maybe ... But these are arm plates ... just simple Plate Tablet composite with belts on the arm..
BTW : If this was form XIVth Century ... They wouldn´t add this to assassins creed ... game situated to 3rd Crusade (end of the XII Century)

I'm sorry, but just becouse Assassins Creed had them, dosen't mean that it's historical....
These kinds of shoulders also appeared only at the very end of XIIIcenturie, at best. I think it might be too early for the Great Helmet as well, for an late XII centurie?

DrTomas said:
StylesM said:
Cèsar de Quart said:

I'm sorry, but just becouse Assassins Creed had them, dosen't mean that it's historical....
These kinds of shoulders also appeared only at the very end of XIIIcenturie, at best. I think it might be too early for the Great Helmet as well, for an late XII centurie?
Maybe you´re right with those arm plates ... But greats helmet , like is that one on the picture were used by the crusaders for sure ... (Anyway ... I better call it Round helmet instead of Great Helmet ... But the different isn´t that so big :grin: ... However ...some people can translate it to themself badly).
BTW :  "But greats helmet , like is that one on the picture were used by the crusaders for sure"
I mean the crusaders form XII century .

Well ... i found a similar helmet like is that one from Assassins creed .... Here´s an info:

Crusader Great Helm

Developed early in the 12th century, the Crusader Great Helm became the mainstay of the Medieval fighting man and lasted for about 300 years. Sometimes worn over a smaller helmet and mail, this beautiful helmet with its menacing, narrow eye slits was a strong, tough steel helmet fully capable of absorbing the shock of combat.

md336a.jpg

See what i mean... It´s from XII century

kurunt said:
Good picture... slurp! I feel the desire of modeling it!  :twisted:
But I have to finish my job
:grin:
I´ll be happy if anybody can make some more of the Crusader Equipment.
And i mean even new models of armors .... not just a textures.
Can´t do it myself ... because i´m pretty noob with 3d moddeling :grin:
Only thing what i am great with is Texturing ....

kurunt said:
You could take a look at these different versions aswell. :smile:
They have a few others there id like to see ingame aswell.
Like these.
norman_helm_3a.jpg
norman_helm_3b.jpg
viking_helm_8a.jpg
viking_helm_8c.jpg
viking_helm_8e.jpg

Amundr said:
kurunt said:
You could take a look at these different versions aswell. :smile:
They have a few others there id like to see ingame aswell.
Like these.
norman_helm_3a.jpg
norman_helm_3b.jpg
viking_helm_8a.jpg
viking_helm_8c.jpg
viking_helm_8e.jpg
Pretty hot helmets Buddy!! Want to see ´em in the game too :smile:)
Especialy the Great helmets (Don´t Judge me :grin: .... I can´t help myself ...but a like these crusaders Headcovers !! :grin:)

Ok ok... in the next stage I'll start working on them, but for now here is another update.

@Othr: I have a collection of 10 elmets. If you want I can upload them, meanwile I continue my job you could start editing their stats, names etc.

ShotR.jpg

Sure Kurunt just give me the goodiez.

Oh and I am an Assasin's creed fan, love that game.  Not for its historic aspects but, I dunno, I just like stabbing pixels!

othr said:

Oh and I am an Assasin's creed fan, love that game.  Not for its historic aspects but, I dunno, I just like stabbing pixels!
And are you up for makin´ that armor to the mod?? Cause I still think that it belongs to that age ... However ...I cannot support it with historical informations :sad:

BTW : I think that it belongs to that age because of single crusaders what made them their own protection like is this armcover bonus. Well ... i mean the veterans .... what know what to expect from the battle ... sou they made these plates for arm (Becouse the arms was the one of most frequently place to hit the enemy)

150px-Crusader.jpg

StylesM said:
othr said:

And are you up for makin´ that armor to the mod?? Cause I still think that it belongs to that age ... However ...I cannot support it with historical informations :sad:

150px-Crusader.jpg

Assassins creed was during the 3rd crusade, in like 1191 or something.

Arbor said:
StylesM said:
othr said:

150px-Crusader.jpg

Assassins creed was during the 3rd crusade, in like 1191 or something.
That´s the thing what i know .... I´m not that so bad informed :grin:

great helm was done for several mods mabe 10000 times,its the most done helmet in M&B comunity,i suggest to stick with some "never been done" helmets,but Kurunt its your decision what  to do :wink:

kuauik said:
great helm was done for several mods mabe 10000 times,its the most done helmet in M&B comunity,i suggest to stick with some "never been done" helmets,but Kurunt its your decision what  to do :wink:
:grin: Yeah ... it´s up to you Kurunt :wink:

To Kuauik: 10000x je to tu možná :grin: ...ale né všechny typy :grin: ... já myslím že čím víc všeho tím líp ne??

BTW : Instead of helmets will be most greatfull if somebody can make more Armor models .... There is horrible small amount of them.

I'm new to armor modeling... or rather... I'm new to rigging, skeletons etc... but I'll start to study the issue and then I hope to do many armors for you!

For now as requested, here is my first elmet pack!

elmet%20pack%20I.jpg

I need to complete some lods but is a minor job, 1 hour and it will be ready for upload. Othr, get ready!

Back
Top Bottom