Help... my wife won't die

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir_Smittih

Recruit
So... after my first wife (Phaea) had two children she stopped getting pregnant. So naturally I stripped her of her armor and weapons and sent her charging into battle. She died on the third charge. That freed me up to marry Monchug's daughter Alijin and have another two children. She also refuses to get pregnant a third time (yes, I know the odds of pregnancy decrease with both age and the number of children they have). So I did the same with her (right after I updated from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 beta).

I must have sent her into 30-40 battles so far and she only ever gets injured. I mean, seriously, she's like wolverine or something! I checked the release notes and there was nothing mentioned about making wives invincible... anyone else experiencing anything similar? 4 kids just ain't enough!

Yes, recently there was someone else who experienced something similar. The devs looked into it and stated it was just dumb luck. You could keep trying to kill her more and see if she finally dies. If she doesn't, then it might actually be a bug and you should report it.

So... after my first wife (Phaea) had two children she stopped getting pregnant. So naturally I stripped her of her armor and weapons and sent her charging into battle. She died on the third charge. That freed me up to marry Monchug's daughter Alijin and have another two children. She also refuses to get pregnant a third time (yes, I know the odds of pregnancy decrease with both age and the number of children they have). So I did the same with her (right after I updated from 1.5.9 to 1.5.10 beta).

I must have sent her into 30-40 battles so far and she only ever gets injured. I mean, seriously, she's like wolverine or something! I checked the release notes and there was nothing mentioned about making wives invincible... anyone else experiencing anything similar? 4 kids just ain't enough!
Have you tried smothering her with a pillow or putting arsnic in her coffee? I heard both of those work pretty okay.

Check the difficulty settings: mine defaulted to immortal companions after the new update.
Thx Apocal, you were right. I changed the settings to "Bannerlord", ie. realistic for all... since then I've done another 10 or so battles where I sent her in alone against bandits... she still keeps coming back. Will keep trying and if it doesn't work after a few more larger battles I'll submit a bug report.

First, thank you for the laugh from the title. lol

Anyhow, is there perhaps a command you could run to either execute her or force her to be preggo? I know it doesn't solve the issue, but I believe the new patch changed the likelihood of death. Until then, I'd suggest turning up difficulty settings otherwise this sounds like a potential bug.

Thank Gods, I can't play in a world where I can't replace wives every 3-4 kids.

It's the go to roll for Crusader Kings. Gotta build that dynasty. ?

I must have sent her into 30-40 battles
As far as I remember lords can't die in simulated battles. So you need to enter the battle with her and let her rush to pile of projectiles. Throwables should do the trick. Or you can simply use cheat and kill her. Or you can use Intrigues(mod) and assassinate her ( or you can make bastards without even getting rid of your wife by romance option )

No it's not, look at how many towns are on the map, you need THAT many children. There may be a way (not sure if patched in new update) to get infinite wanderer governors for all you fiefs, but they suck compared to build up Kid governors.
Your brother and wife can have children if you play campaign. You also have your younger brother and sister. On sandbox obviously this will be different.You are saying you need over 30 children lol.

Your brother and wife can have children if you play campaign. You also have your younger brother and sister. On sandbox obviously this will be different.You are saying you need over 30 children lol.
I KNOW, I invented brother pimping! Their wives get replaced every 3-4 kids too, or when they're getting to 40 :razz: It's actually much better because there's no dialogue game for marring your brothers.

It would be funny if your wife noticed you are trying to kill her during a battle, pulled a javelin out of her bra and shot you in the face.
Bannerlord needs team-killing NPCs.

It would be funny if your wife noticed you are trying to kill her during a battle, pulled a javelin out of her bra and shot you in the face.
Bannerlord needs team-killing NPCs.
Add the possibility for player death in battle and see yourself dying in laughter!

Back
Top Bottom