Help My Community!

Users who are viewing this thread

vuk

Sergeant at Arms
Dear Taleworlds fans,

Tomorrow I implore all of you to take a picture of yourself wearing orange and post it to this Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/NBC15Madison

My company and others will all donate 40 meals for every picture posted. They will go to the Second Harvest Food Bank to help the poor in Central Wisconsin.

It costs you NOTHING! Please share!

Bromden said:
Can't you just donate without demanding people to make fools of themselves?
They could, and probably would if there was little/no turnout. Things like these provide free, positive publicity and let people feel like they're contributing even if they aren't.

Mage246 said:
It costs me time and privacy, which is not nothing.
There's no need to pop into the thread just to be a pedant.

Orion said:
Bromden said:
Can't you just donate without demanding people to make fools of themselves?
They could, and probably would if there was little/no turnout. Things like these provide free, positive publicity and let people feel like they're contributing even if they aren't.

Ugh stop being so non-cynical about this

It's free advertisement. Well, it costs some canned food, but way cheaper than paying an advertising company. If they want to help, then help. If they are so ****ing benevolent, they don't need a bunch of random people's attention on the internet to help some hungry people. But they are not doing it for hungry bums, they are doing it to show the world how very nice company they are. That makes it a business move. I won't help their business for free.

The company's motives do not matter here. What matters is that we have the opportunity to help poor people. It costs us nothing and gets the company nothing. I have not even told you what company, so you posting your picture will not help the business at all.

vuk said:
It costs us nothing and gets the company nothing.

If it costs and profits the company nothing, then why do they feel the need to hold said canned food ransom in exchange for some random internet people sending pictures of themselves?

vuk said:
The company's motives do not matter here. What matters is that we have the opportunity to help poor people. It costs us nothing and gets the company nothing. I have not even told you what company, so you posting your picture will not help the business at all.
Oh, the company's motives do matter. Don't tell me that at least the company's name or logo won't appear in a "our benevolent benefactors" list or somesuch in a charity event organized by ****ing NBC.
And let me call double bull**** on this:
What matters is that we have the opportunity to help poor people.
because the opportunity to help poor people is constant; if you really want to help you don't need a stupid internet fad for it.

Back
Top Bottom