Help me find my bride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Devoneaux

Recruit
So long story short, my rising star lord has everything except for a wife, turns out the sister of a lord recently evicted from the kingdom was the girl I'm mackin' on. So now she's stuck in a kingdom with only two castles begging me to visit her. HOW DO I DO THIS!? It states she's present in the castle but if you ask the whole Kingdom where she is (Even her bro) they just look at you like you're an idiot.

How do I fix this?!

If you have received a message which states that she wants to see you, it should give you her location.  Go to that location and choose the option "Go with the nurse" or some such.  You will be taken to see her.

Lord Brutus said:
If you have received a message which states that she wants to see you, it should give you her location.  Go to that location and choose the option "Go with the nurse" or some such.  You will be taken to see her.

Not working because she's at a castle and the option just isn't there.

Her brother likely has not respawned after being booted. She will not appear until he does. So, look for the brother (Guardian), and she will be in that kingdom. You can also just check her character page, it will tell you which faction she ends up in, it will change when her brother respawns.

Lord Brutus said:
Go there and click on the castle.  In addition to the normal options, "Ask to speak to someone," "Ask for admittance," you should get the option "Go with the nurse."
I have no such options available to me. All I have is the normal options. I even have his permission to visit her.

Ivan Khan said:
Her brother likely has not respawned after being booted. She will not appear until he does. So, look for the brother (Guardian), and she will be in that kingdom. You can also just check her character page, it will tell you which faction she ends up in, it will change when her brother respawns.
I already spoke with him and have his permission to visit her.

Devoneaux said:

1. When you say, "It states she's present in the castle," is this in quest notes? And, if it is quest notes, was it given before or after her brother changed faction?

2. When you say you have spoke to her brother, was this after he changed factions?

Looking at code she should respawn in one or other castles of brother's new faction, after her brother respawns in that faction. The brother needs to respawn to assign him a new home castle/town, which should be the new home of your lady.

Ivan Khan said:
Devoneaux said:

1. When you say, "It states she's present in the castle," is this in quest notes? And, if it is quest notes, was it given before or after her brother changed faction?

2. When you say you have spoke to her brother, was this after he changed factions?

Looking at code she should respawn in one or other castles of brother's new faction, after her brother respawns in that faction. The brother needs to respawn to assign him a new home castle/town, which should be the new home of your lady.

It is in the quest notes. And all of this was after the faction swap. So what does this all mean in a practical sense? Is there a way to reload him?

Devoneaux said:
It is in the quest notes. And all of this was after the faction swap. So what does this all mean in a practical sense? Is there a way to reload him?

There may be. First save your game in case you need to go back.

1. Go into "Configuration" before you start the game. Click the boxes for enable 'Cheat Mode' and 'Edit Mode.' Best also to use 'Start Windowed' too.

2. Start the game and hit <Ctrl> plus <~> at same time a text box will open. Type "cheatmode."

3. Go to Camp, go to "CHEAT MENU!" click on "Update political notes" & "Update troop notes."

4. Hit <Ctrl> plus <T>, this will let you see all of the map.

5a. Open Notes and go to Characters and find the sister & brother. Check to see where they are & what faction they belong to. If it does not say (Report is current) it means he or she is not currently on the map.

6a. If you found out where she was go there (You can hold <Ctrl> and mouse click in open spot next to Town or Castle to teleport there). Check to see if you can visit her. If not go to 'Castle' and debug notes should run telling you if she is there but you are not allowed to see her.

6b. If it was not current, go to someone in his current faction and ask where the brother and sister are. (1) If they say they do not know where brother is, he has not respawned yet, think only other possibility is he is in prison or being carried by a enemy lord as a prisoner. (If you found out he was in prison you can break him out, or if captured defeat lord & release him - under certain circumstances the sister will not respawn until her brother does.) (2) If they do not know where sister, you will have to wait for her to respawn.

7. If you need her to respawn you can return to the Cheat Menu and use "Infinite Camp" to speed through time. (best to make a separate save game here just in case). Just click on map to stop time. Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 until you get "Report is current," then retry step 6 for him or her.

Hope it works.

Btw, Ivan, you don't need to have Edit Mode on as what you have there for steps is all from Cheat Mode.

Also, one correction as well:

2. Start the game and hit <Ctrl> plus <~> at same time a text box will open. Type "cheatmode."

It's actually "cheatmenu" to activate and "nocheatmenu" to deactivate.

Back
Top Bottom