help making a tiny mod

Users who are viewing this thread

so basically im tired of hoping the dev would fix the world map visual stuff that bugs me so i decided to try and make my own "mod" that fix it..
i opened world map in the editor and fixed what i wanted (removed some trees) now i want it to be acting as a mod i could activate after every update they do to the game without the need to go doing it all over again and delete said trees every update..
so im stuck at this point how do i turn this into a mod?

so basically im tired of hoping the dev would fix the world map visual stuff that bugs me so i decided to try and make my own "mod" that fix it..
i opened world map in the editor and fixed what i wanted (removed some trees) now i want it to be acting as a mod i could activate after every update they do to the game without the need to go doing it all over again and delete said trees every update..
so im stuck at this point how do i turn this into a mod?
You need to create your own mod/module - it's an option in the Editor - and activate it in the launcher. Then, you need to load Sandbox\Main_map, make your edits and save as Main_map in your module as opposed to Sandbox. Your version will over-ride the Sandbox version in game. However, there are currently hardcoded problems with Main_map, so, I don't know how it will turn out ATM. Most modders work with custom maps and Aurelian's MapFix.

From the official documentation:

How to create your own module?​

We have a built-in functionality in the editor which creates a new module and populates it with example xml files registered to the module for ease of adding new content. After opening the editor, you can use the “Create New Module” option in the “File” menu from the top toolbar. Note that you need to restart the game in order to register the module from the Launcher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom