Help. I Imported armor but bones are rotated.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'm new to importing meshes and I'm trying to figure it out. I look at the threads related to importing mesh and the steps I did was:
-Use TpacTool to export existing game armor, padded_coat_a.dae
-Imported it to blender, I only change the mesh name and export into fbx
-imported the fbx file in resource browser (default unit is milimeter so I got a giant armor) so I tweaked and make it meter.
-but the mesh is facing backward so I rotated it on blender 180 degrees
-Now the results looks right in model viewer while it was equipped with a sample human, but when I added animation it looks like this

NU5n0cj.png

-I suspected it was the bone but I'm sure it was rigged and I added _nofused on the bone's name
-So I doubled click it and saw this:

2ED8kIq.png

- That wasn't how it looks like in the blender, however I saw on other threads that this is how it really looks on resource browser. And seems they don't have any problem.
- then I tried the padded_coat_e.obj , it doesn't have bones so this is how it looks:

GJyE2gD.png

Maybe I missed something or did something wrong.

Solution
Here is a short list that was shared on the discord for importing helmets. It's not my list, but it works well. You made a big mistake with step 6, as the skeleton should not be named human_Skeleton when you bring it in. Also, did you export with leaf bones disabled from blender? If not, maybe it is step 3? I am not expert on this and haven't tried myself, but I've followed several conversations on it. Hope this helps.

AggressivePo Yesterday at 10:17 PM
1. Align helmet.
2. Select helemt, then skeleton, ctrl+P, then automatic weights.
3. The helmet will be assigned ALL of the vortex groups, delete everything but "head"
4. Go to weight painter, and paint everything red, unless you have other parts then I dunno
5. Go to pose and test...
So I'm new to importing meshes and I'm trying to figure it out. I look at the threads related to importing mesh and the steps I did was:
-Use TpacTool to export existing game armor, padded_coat_a.dae
-Imported it to blender, I only change the mesh name and export into fbx
-imported the fbx file in resource browser (default unit is milimeter so I got a giant armor) so I tweaked and make it meter.
-but the mesh is facing backward so I rotated it on blender 180 degrees
-Now the results looks right in model viewer while it was equipped with a sample human, but when I added animation it looks like this

NU5n0cj.png

-I suspected it was the bone but I'm sure it was rigged and I added _nofused on the bone's name
-So I doubled click it and saw this:

2ED8kIq.png

- That wasn't how it looks like in the blender, however I saw on other threads that this is how it really looks on resource browser. And seems they don't have any problem.
- then I tried the padded_coat_e.obj , it doesn't have bones so this is how it looks:

GJyE2gD.png
Maybe I missed something or did something wrong.
@John_M is working on Bannerlord 3D Asset Workflow documentation. Currently, it's still in draft, but here's a screenshot of a page you might find helpful:
hcJnx.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah I saw that :sad: but the rigging part is still under construction. I did search for normalizing the weight but the bone of the characters seems not to match to the bone in the armors, I have no problem when I added crossbow since it is not rigged, how ever the string of crossbow is also static.
Maybe you know something how I fix the bone position after import?

this is the setting when I import, there are 57 deformed.
ArdponZ.png

A sample helmet I edited:
vRiLvb3.png

But once I added swing animation, helmet or armor swings too.
jIW0D46.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh, the armor is not imported, I just clothed the guy, I'll get back with the picture or video later, thanks :smile:

Edit:
I have just remembered, before I waste your time, I think the problem lies with the blender version? I am using version 2.82 and forgot to update it because I am so excited. I will try the latest blender later. But i still gonna post what I did and maybe you may have a pointers and comments if did I do it right..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the first thing I did was export from TpacTool. I only changed the static into rigged and export it into (.dae)

al5Cg3H.png

I imported it on blender. I didn't touch anything. But it was facing the wrong direction,

SZjD0f1.png

So I rotate it 180 degrees, Only the bones though, because mesh is the child entity, If I remove bone as parent, mesh will go back to original rotation.

J0CGs5P.png

And then just like that, I exported as fbx. (I haven't add nofused on th bones here)

so I imported it on resource browser. This is the settings:

ROqwAnK.png

The bone is also Imported and because of nofused in the name of the bone, It override the existing human bone:

baK5mqc.png

Overridden bone of human makes the human entity disappear. The bone really is the problem.

2MQQYdJ.png

So I reimported the fbx without the bone:

bkYY8pq.png

This is how it also looks without the bone, also when I put nofused to the name of the bone, same result.

nl1NvOp.png

This is the appearance when I import it on resource browser as .obj, no bones at all

GJyE2gD.png

If everything I did so far is correct. It really is the blender version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is a short list that was shared on the discord for importing helmets. It's not my list, but it works well. You made a big mistake with step 6, as the skeleton should not be named human_Skeleton when you bring it in. Also, did you export with leaf bones disabled from blender? If not, maybe it is step 3? I am not expert on this and haven't tried myself, but I've followed several conversations on it. Hope this helps.

AggressivePo Yesterday at 10:17 PM
1. Align helmet.
2. Select helemt, then skeleton, ctrl+P, then automatic weights.
3. The helmet will be assigned ALL of the vortex groups, delete everything but "head"
4. Go to weight painter, and paint everything red, unless you have other parts then I dunno
5. Go to pose and test rotations
6. Make sure you skeleton is NOT named human_skeleton. Keep it as human_skeleton_notused (name the sub category for it the same thing too)
7. Export with settings "Selected Objects" + "Leaf Bones" DISABLED
8. After I import the mesh, a skeleton does not come included.
9. If you are using base game materials, make sure that material has "Skinning" enabled in the material settings.
10. You can create your own material by right clicking in Assets of your module (in the mod tools obviously), create override > select material you wish to use > rename material to something custom or unique (for me it would be cla_MATERIAL) > open material > enable skinning.
11. Go to the mesh and apply the materials
12. Find your cutom item, and replace the "mesh" property with the name of your mesh. You can also test it in the mode viewer by spawning a human entity, playing an animation, and equipping the mesh item to your head

Upvote 0
Solution
One thing that was happening to me is the Origin of my meshes in Blender.
If you I the Origin to Geometry to make scaling or positioning changes easier(or for any reason) and didn't set the origin back my mesh would load wrong.

If you just go set the Origin right it loads fine.

Also, when rotation is wrong, I might be forgetting to Apply Rotation in Blender.

These are just things that were happening to me, thought I'd leave them here.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom