Help for the Italian Translation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Garic93

Knight at Arms
Greetings, Spanish/Portuguese people!!
I'm from the Italian sub-forum, and I wanted to ask you something about the translation of M&B... I already tried to ask to the Germans, but... No comment :mrgreen: So we italians count on you, please be generous :lol:
We have a problem with the autorun... To let you understand better, I screened the italian autorun, and I compared it with the spanish one... Here you can see the difference:

dd981e140c522d5ed7c97289fc555117.PNG

So, we understood that the autorun works only with a dedicated file .SMF in "Mount&Blade\Skins"... We only wanted to know how to obtain a .SMF file in our language, but we don't know how to....
Can you help us? Thanks in advance and sorry if I (we)'ve bothered you.

Well, i'm working in an translation of MB to Portuguese (PT-BR), the way that i'm doing this translation is look like a mod you know, put the files on a new folder in "Mount&Blade\Modules\Native\languages" and I did not need to modify the .SMF file, not yet. But, this happens to me too, but i think it's depends the type of formatation of the files, you know, when you open the files with Notebook or Notepad++ and save, because in the middle in the game, sometimes the type of the letters change, for now i just want finish the translation, and then fix the bugs.
frontyth.jpg

I don't know if I helped you, but good luck  :grin:
sorry for my english

Thanks for your help, but I don't think that the formatation is the problem... But I did'nt understood well, if you want you can explain me better :grin:

Hehehe, Even me can explain why this happens, but, all files was translated and saved in a diferent formatation (ANSI, Unicode, UTF-:cool:, you know, using notebook and the files was translated by different translators. As i said, in the middle of the game, when you enter in a castle, village or talk to any NPC, sometimes the type or size of the letters change.  I don't know why this happens, but i think is it. Here, when i play with spanish translation, see the letters.

Spanish
17348501.jpg

Now in Portuguese
74973416.jpg

However, we're using the Spanish files to do that, reading the english files and writing in the spanish files.

EDIT

HOLY ****
UAHSUHASUHSAUH
lol2.gif

forget everything I said

Dude, just copy any smf files and rename to your language, the same that you use in the Language.txt
mb_skin_en.smf
mb_skin_de.smf
mb_skin_es.smf
mb_skin_pt.smf

in this case
mb_skin_it.smf

so, if you are using the smf file and it still doesn't working, you can get a new smf file or reinstall your game.

fighting61.gif

I knew that, but the problem is that I need the real mb_skin_it in Italian!! I found a program to modify .smf files, but i discovered that the file to modify it's an img file... Do you know an esier way? That's the question :mrgreen:
Anyway thanks to you from all the italian community, we'll manage to solve this mistery :grin:

Tyrdall said:
hmm
well i just copy the mb_skin_es.smf  file and rename as mb_skin_pt.smf and it seems working. :grin:
So I did, and this what I obtained:

You can understand that's not Italian :lol:

PS: But have you just copied and pasted the .smf file?

Tyrdall said:
Now i'm confuse Oo
can u sends me your mb_skin_es.smf and the SMF converter program that u said?
You can download the program here: http://www.brothersoft.com/d.php?soft_id=17904&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.appspeed.com%2Fdownload%2Ftrial%2Fsetup.exe
Try to open any .smf file with this program and you will see :mrgreen:
Also mb_skin_es it's the same as the one you have, I'm sure of that :wink:

PS: The program is in trial version, it won't let you do anything xD

Sorry my friend, but i was wrong, your problem is completely different of mine.
lol2.gif

But, you can buy an licence (lol), or take some SS of the Menu image, join, translate and them replace.
You can also try the "Brazilian way"  :roll: hahahaha (you know what i mean) and export the image. Btw, maybe there is a other program that can do that. Have you talk to the guys that made the others translation?
But i'll help you, i'm look for some way to solve this  :wink:

Tyrdall said:
Sorry my friend, but i was wrong, your problem is completely different of mine.
lol2.gif

But, you can buy an licence (lol), or take some SS of the Menu image, join, translate and them replace.
You can also try the "Brazilian way"  :roll: hahahaha (you know what i mean) and export the image. Btw, maybe there is a other program that can do that. Have you talk to the guys that made the others translation?
But i'll help you, i'm look for some way to solve this  :wink:
Thank you very much :grin: I've tried with the Germans (no comment :evil: ) and now with you guys... If you have proposes, I will listen to them :grin:

Mi dispiace Garic, ma non ho potuto contattarti di nuovo... Non ho nessun user registrato su quel forum, ma seccondo me dovresti fare quello que ti ho detto e sicuramente loro ti aiuteranno.

Ci vediamo!

Lord Arius said:
Mi dispiace Garic, ma non ho potuto contattarti di nuovo... Non ho nessun user registrato su quel forum, ma seccondo me dovresti fare quello que ti ho detto e sicuramente loro ti aiuteranno.

Ci vediamo!
Benissimo, grazie mille!!

Back
Top Bottom