Help for modding VC

Users who are viewing this thread

Piédalf

Sergeant at Arms
Hello,

I might create a submod for viking conquest, but I don't know how to balance a few thing:

I'd like to make nex units and removing some of the preexisting ones, but do I need to edit some lord troops first?
With more units added to the troop trees, will the lords have them at the begining of the game or should I edt the troops as well?
I want to make tier 5 units into some faction trees, but how will the lords make the balance with those troops? when they recruit units, do they have a preference for certain kind of units (like making more infantry than cavalry) or may they have an equal ratio?
An, When there is more troops in one of one of the tier of the faction, like 3 tier 5 instead of 2, will they make more of them or have they a predefined number of troops for each tier?
Finally, can I make a tier 3 units that train directly too a tier 5 one?

Thanks for answering.

Forge is the place to ask about modding, not the Pioneer forum

VC has a modding forum as well. Q&A thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html, rules and permissions https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html

Make sure you read on the rules and follow them to avoid any issues with use of assets/license/serial key/etc

Cheers and good luck!

Edit: moderator moved thread to the Forge, so lets see
I might create a submod for viking conquest
public or privated? As in, are you gonna let people download your mod? If so, read the rules on how to use assets, credits, etc. Linked above.

Code:
I'd like to make nex units and removing some of the preexisting ones, but do I need to edit some lord troops first?
SP right? It is the same as Warband and mods around here, so you can check normal tutorials for this. You can create as many new units as you want (soldiers, lords, etc). Just make sure you understand how it works and to add them in the right place. Best to do this with modsys (game code), instead of a tool like Morgh's.

Code:
With more units added to the troop trees, will the lords have them at the begining of the game or should I edt the troops as well?
You can edit the troops given to lords (party templates). Upgrades will work naturally. Troop Tree UI will also adapt to your changes.

Code:
I want to make tier 5 units into some faction trees, but how will the lords make the balance with those troops? when they recruit units, do they have a preference for certain kind of units (like making more infantry than cavalry) or may they have an equal ratio?
Recruitment takes money. It is done via a template (get 0-10 tier 1 troops, 0-5 tier 2, 0-2 tier 3, etc) with a RNG factor (random roll), which is repeated as many times as possible (still has money, can keep the troops in the party, current center has recruits, etc). That is for when they are "born" or "re-born", as in, spawn. Recruiting on centers takes money, RNG + whatever recruits are available in a village (similar how the player goes around doing this)

You can change whatever you want in the system.

Code:
Finally, can I make a tier 3 units that train directly too a tier 5 one?
Tier is not a hard restriction, it is just a representation per levels. If you want a troop level 23 to upgrade to level 40 (next one), you can do that.

Check tutorials, learn about MBScript, and visit the Q&A thread for more questions.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom