Help Advice for late game

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings my lords.

I need some advice on my problems.
Now as my kingdom "Mongol" conquering and expending in games, now every kingdoms have declare war on me

I can't make peace, and they are asking ridiculous amount of denars to make peace, even when I am winning the war.
mine 28000+ VS Vlandia 9000+ but I have to pay 60000+ denars >????? WTF !!!

when I am always at war, how can I recruit clans into my kingdom?? I can't even find the lords when they are battling and captured as prisoners.
I have large party size 400+, how can I chase down those lords who I need to recruit with small party???

I feel like I am drowning in endless war with no time to recruit new clans...... How can I deal with this>??

Do you execute the lords who wont join your kingdom? how to reduce/avoid the negative effect for executing lords

iyWs4.png

RQeE5.png

Last edited:
If you capture a clan leader, you can convice them to join your kingdom when in your party as a prisoner. Don't know when that feature was added. This makes it so you don't have to chase them donw one by one, you can attack an army and then recruit all the prisoner clan leaders.

Just keep making more clans from wanderers. Don't take any breaks from fighting, just fight siege fight siege, maybe do a tour to get more wanderers and re-fill garrison filler troops, but not too long.

You have 28k power so you are over 3 factions worth of power, unless you've done something strange, this should also mean you've de-fiefed 3 factions worth of lords too, so the remaining power of enemies is not that much and they're separated and don't work together (although doing so would be an interesting improvement). If you have done something strange like start in the middle of the map and take a few fiefs from all the surrounding factions or some other means of getting fiefs and not taking all fiefs form one faction at a time my advice is: Pick a side of the Map and go there and start sieging, expand you faction from one end of the map (vlandie or khuzait only) then take the imperial center area, then the other side of the map, then sturgia and aserai last. Focus on one faction at a time and ignore others ALWAY SIEGE THE CLOSEST ENEMY FIEF, don't waste time going back to defend you fiefs if you can take 3X fiefs from the enemy instead, which you can.

Just keep making more clans from wanderers. Don't take any breaks from fighting, just fight siege fight siege, maybe do a tour to get more wanderers and re-fill garrison filler troops, but not too long.

You have 28k power so you are over 3 factions worth of power, unless you've done something strange, this should also mean you've de-fiefed 3 factions worth of lords too, so the remaining power of enemies is not that much and they're separated and don't work together (although doing so would be an interesting improvement). If you have done something strange like start in the middle of the map and take a few fiefs from all the surrounding factions or some other means of getting fiefs and not taking all fiefs form one faction at a time my advice is: Pick a side of the Map and go there and start sieging, expand you faction from one end of the map (vlandie or khuzait only) then take the imperial center area, then the other side of the map, then sturgia and aserai last. Focus on one faction at a time and ignore others ALWAY SIEGE THE CLOSEST ENEMY FIEF, don't waste time going back to defend you fiefs if you can take 3X fiefs from the enemy instead, which you can.
Thanks.
Another problem is choice to give fief to 3 clans
it seems like some late-join clans have far more chance to be chosen within 3 clans
so I keep giving fief to same clans, now some clans have even 5-6 fiefs now......

how can I balance this? I would prefer the same culture clans to be chosen first, (bec high penalty for different culture owner)
then I would like to give fief to some clans that I want , not choose from 3 clans......

Thanks.
Another problem is choice to give fief to 3 clans
it seems like some late-join clans have far more chance to be chosen within 3 clans
so I keep giving fief to same clans, now some clans have even 5-6 fiefs now......

how can I balance this? I would prefer the same culture clans to be chosen first, (bec high penalty for different culture owner)
then I would like to give fief to some clans that I want , not choose from 3 clans......
Use all your own fiefs to make new clans, then you will be on the ballot and can get the fief and make a new clan or give it to the clan you want to have it. You get so much money form winning battles/Sieges that you don't need fiefs.

Use all your own fiefs to make new clans, then you will be on the ballot and can get the fief and make a new clan or give it to the clan you want to have it. You get so much money form winning battles/Sieges that you don't need fiefs.
thanks, I just think we really need a better system than using a 3 choice ballot to give fiefs
I am the king of my kingdom, I should be decide who I want to give fief to......
oh well.....

to reclaim from original clan then give it to new clans will consumed hundreds influence points (300-1000+ influence point)

I like to use those influence points at some point to improve relations, boost charm (or LOTS of skill XP for leveling even if charm is maxxed) or else you end up with over 10,000 just doing nothing. Might as well use it to re-distribute the fiefs and level your character imo

My character is level 40 without cheats mostly because charm is a free skill XP farm.

At the point you're at, I'd recommend just having total war indefinitely. Peace actually hurts you since it allows enemies time to regrow and attack your castles and cities while endless war keeps them down and lets your vassals do half the work for you. It'll likely be a mess at the borders but there's two things you can do to expedite unification; #1, clean up after your vassals by staffing castles/cities they take (since, by default, they typically leave them empty unless a clan that's not yours managed to get the fief within seconds of conquest); #2, do as Ananda said and just gather a big army to win siege after siege. My amendment would be to take Sturgia while your vassals deal with the central territories so you can clean up that angle of attack while dealing with the bottle-necked Sturgians. Aserai's one you should probably deal with last due to being a much bigger territory to traverse, but I'm not sure since my one and only playthrough started from that territory so my experience with unification is based on how it was to expand from there.

Sooner or later, you could just let your vassals take care of everything but unification would take forever since they're too stingy about staffing conquered territories and prone to... short term thinking lol.

Also, I'm curious about the year you're in; what difficulty are you on and how was your playthrough up to this point? By the time I was ruling half of Calradia it was the 1120's lol, I was playing the Bannerlord difficulty and suffered some setbacks in the decade spent unifying the Nahasa from 1098 to 1110 or so. I'm wondering if it's either faster/easier to build a kingdom elsewhere, if you've done something clever I didn't think of, or just playing an easier difficulty that makes it faster to gain ground and build up a snowball.

At the point you're at, I'd recommend just having total war indefinitely. Peace actually hurts you since it allows enemies time to regrow and attack your castles and cities while endless war keeps them down and lets your vassals do half the work for you. It'll likely be a mess at the borders but there's two things you can do to expedite unification; #1, clean up after your vassals by staffing castles/cities they take (since, by default, they typically leave them empty unless a clan that's not yours managed to get the fief within seconds of conquest); #2, do as Ananda said and just gather a big army to win siege after siege. My amendment would be to take Sturgia while your vassals deal with the central territories so you can clean up that angle of attack while dealing with the bottle-necked Sturgians. Aserai's one you should probably deal with last due to being a much bigger territory to traverse, but I'm not sure since my one and only playthrough started from that territory so my experience with unification is based on how it was to expand from there.

Sooner or later, you could just let your vassals take care of everything but unification would take forever since they're too stingy about staffing conquered territories and prone to... short term thinking lol.

Also, I'm curious about the year you're in; what difficulty are you on and how was your playthrough up to this point? By the time I was ruling half of Calradia it was the 1120's lol, I was playing the Bannerlord difficulty and suffered some setbacks in the decade spent unifying the Nahasa from 1098 to 1110 or so. I'm wondering if it's either faster/easier to build a kingdom elsewhere, if you've done something clever I didn't think of, or just playing an easier difficulty that makes it faster to gain ground and build up a snowball.
Thanks for your detailed reply, I really appreciated it

I have played 900+ hours but this is the first time I got this far in game, because most of time I got bored half-way and start new game.

This is also my first time trying the Iornman mode with all realistic setting, no cheat at all (I used to cheat a lot, but I said no this time)
I do occasionally "copy the game save folder" as back up, just in case game crash.

I been taking my time, not to speed up game progress, If I lose a battle, which I did twice, I just rebuild my party
just like real life, we all have ups and downs.

Now at this point, the game just become boring, because I can't catch lords to recruit, I have to travel far distance to talk to a lord, but they running around and I can't find them....... very frustrated, why can we have a "send message to lord" system??

I played 1.1.0, and this version, some clans just wont join you, even you have 100+ releationship points, and they have no fiefs at all
normally, no fief lords will join you very easily, but some lords just wont...... not sure what have changed in this game....

I am also frustrated that I keep giving fiefs to same lords, some have 6-7 fiefs now, but most lords only have 1-2 fiefs.

How do you manage to solve all these problems?? again , thank you.

Thanks for your detailed reply, I really appreciated it

I have played 900+ hours but this is the first time I got this far in game, because most of time I got bored half-way and start new game.

This is also my first time trying the Iornman mode with all realistic setting, no cheat at all (I used to cheat a lot, but I said no this time)
I do occasionally "copy the game save folder" as back up, just in case game crash.

I been taking my time, not to speed up game progress, If I lose a battle, which I did twice, I just rebuild my party
just like real life, we all have ups and downs.

900 hours? That explains it lol--I most likely just lost a lot more often than you did :razz: That, and I'm prone to turtling and waiting for things to happen in such away that I can best take advantage of them.

I wouldn't play on Ironman simply because (I'm on PS4) I can't trust the integrity of saved games when they were consistently corrupted whenever overwritten (so I had to make a new file each time to save and delete older ones for room). That, and I'm not ready for the realistic consequences of failing dating in Calradia lol. I reloaded after my first final date with Adalindis dey Folcun ending in failure and succeeded the second time and, to make myself feel less like a cheater, instituted a "three strikes rule" which I abandoned after my poor daughter/successor couldn't find a (younger) man without buying one lol. I was willing to maintain the realistic no-save scumming rule with failed sieges and repeated imprisonments lol, but I made marriage an exception (for now lol).
Now at this point, the game just become boring, because I can't catch lords to recruit, I have to travel far distance to talk to a lord, but they running around and I can't find them....... very frustrated, why can we have a "send message to lord" system??

I played 1.1.0, and this version, some clans just wont join you, even you have 100+ releationship points, and they have no fiefs at all
normally, no fief lords will join you very easily, but some lords just wont...... not sure what have changed in this game....

I am also frustrated that I keep giving fiefs to same lords, some have 6-7 fiefs now, but most lords only have 1-2 fiefs.

How do you manage to solve all these problems?? again , thank you.
Some clan leaders are just that loyal. Is there a hidden "loyalty metric" being calculated or something? No clue lol, but I chalked it up as "some people are just really decent dudes who'll stand by their homies even if they're homeless and repeatedly imprisoned for it." Mad respects to King Ymir Gundaroving who remained loyal to Great King what's-his-name of not-Gundaroving who, despite being the son of the former ruler and my bestie after a while, remained faithful. Several Sturgians kept the faith like that lol so I do wonder if there's some special programming with some of the rulers or some hidden mechanic going around.

But, you don't really have to recruit everybody to unite the world. My approach was to recruit many vassal clans to overwhelm my opponents (which worked) but it probably isn't necessary. For reference, I believe I counted 30 or so clans by the time I unified Calradia (or about 3-4 times as many as a default country's clan count) so you're likely strong enough to let your vassals handle everything from here if you'd like to take a break "in-universe" lol. My breaking point was when I united 4/5ths of Calradia and, having suffered so many crashes related to sieges, felt my patience evaporated and wanted to call it a done game, but I chose to wait out the clock from Ostican (my new capital since my vassals wanted to give ma the Christmas present of northwestern Vlandia lol--I'm only half joking by the way) and, after seeing my vassals gradually mop everything up I decided to put down the neutral city states in Vlandia, finish off the Vlandian Kingdom (I let it be in the single castle between Jalmarys and Ortysia), and finish off the Western Empire (which had united nearly half of Calradia before them and us became the final two major factions) in Vostrum as my final battle before improvising a credits scene where I returned to Ostican while listening to appropriate RTK7 ending music and looked through the codex of familiar faces to see all the stuff that happened over 48 years lol.

Now, as for proper advice; I recommend handling the Nahasa Desert yourself and let your vassals deal with the remnants of Sturgia and Vlandia. You'll probably enjoy yourself more as I did semi-soloing Sturgia and I recommend pulling in friendly retinues only when it's time for sieges (and then disband them between sieges so they can recruit fresh troops and you can move faster on the map). An important trick to staffing castles and cities you might not know about is to repeatedly exit and reenter when while commanding an army; an important caveat is that once they're voted for somebody not called "the player" they're far more generous about it, so hanging out in the conquered fief until voting's done is recommended so you can let your vassals donate enough troops so the soldier count is ~100 before moving on to the next siege. However, retinues eventually run out of "spare soldiers" so ejecting them temporarily is a useful means of allowing them a chance recuperate ejecting a handful is a great way of scattering local enemies you otherwise can't pursue (not to mention the bolder among them will actively attempt to pin them down for you to finish off).

Another thing to notice is that, in the diplomacy screen, you can choose between "Aggressive, Neutral, and Defensive." In my experience, this most affects the likelihood they'll both invade the enemy country AND pursue their units. I recommend setting policies with all landless factions to "Aggressive" so they're basically screwed as much as possible but set ONLY the country you want your vassals to invade (I recommend Sturgia and the purple guys in Omor in your case) while having the ones you don't want them invading Neutral. This way, you can have some control over where they choose to invade since they typically invade the country you've set to Aggressive if the other landless factions aren't marked as "be aggressive to them" accordingly.

It's okay if a handful of clans have 6 to a dozen fiefs while most have 1-2. That's feudalism for you lol, and while there's the obvious risk of them leaving off with those territories I doubt it's likely to ever happen since I never happened to me in my 48 year playthrough and only a couple clans (namely fen Gruffendoc) defected between AIs (and fen Gruffenduc fulfilled the encyclopedia's implied conditions of "poor and cornered" at the time of flipping Epicrotea to Sturgia lol). The wealthier clans have a much easier time fielding large armies and gathering lots of Influence so they can unite Calradia for you while the little guys will typically follow along. I actually don't recommend donating your own fiefs to vassals at this point because they're just a drop in the bucket while your own private source of wealth is how you not only maintain veto power (especially if Serfdom's enacted) but also secure the throne (most successions favor the most powerful, so it helps to be the largest/strongest land owner to maintain the monarchy). Finally, there's diminishing returns with your vassals ability to vote so 4 guys that can spend 200 Influence plus 10 guys spending only 50 really isn't worse than 22 guys each spending 50 each with 6 others spending 100 or so. What I mean to say is--it's not so bad for power to concentrate into a handful of vassals provided you're still way stronger than them. You always have the option of voting to exile them (effectively stealing all their land in the process) in a pinch, and, in my testing, it's not much more expensive than voting to seize a person's fief and subject it to voting lol.

Finally... well, that's about it; where you're at, I'd recommend chilling out and letting your vassals take it from here while you play pick-up or finish off the little guys solo-ish so that you can have some decently balanced fight encounters at least. However, if you were earlier on, I'd also recommend using Trebuchets to destroy walls since I found that a very effective way to minimize allied casualties and make city/castle taking very easy (and I manually did most of them for the specific purpose of ensuring I only ever lost 2-4 guys per 1-200 enemy defenders lol) but crashing bid me to just automate it (even then, losing 30-50 guys against 1-200 isn't that terrible by the point you're at lol) except for the final siege (which I wanted to do manually to give it an Osaka Castle vibe lol).

Hopefully all this helps! I can't think of much else to say other then, while I did have gripes with the slow clean up at the end, I really did enjoy the unification phase and the pushes and pulls. My favorite part was where, expanding from the Nahasa Desert after toppling the Aserai Sultanate, I had to choose between maintaining my territories in the East (Vostrum to Odokh) or maintaining the territories in the West (Ortyisa to Jalmarys) since I realized while under pressure from the Vlandians, Western Empire, and Southern Empire (they were based in the Duzeg Steppe lol, Emperor Nemos of the Western Empire had managed to successfully unite all the Empire lands proper lol) made continued expansion in both sphere impossible. Ultimately, I forsook the east to focus on unifying Western Calradia since I figured it'd be the perfect launching pad to just push east for the rest of the game. And I succeeded--at the cost of all my conquered eastern lands and Husn Fulq while having to retake Lageta and nearby lands from Sturgia lol. And then I had the fun of dealing with Sturgia while I let my vassals keep the Western Empire distracted, and then pincered the Empire from "behind" via Tyal (a neutral city) and... well, I got bored once I realized I had basically won from then on lol.

900 hours? That explains it lol--I most likely just lost a lot more often than you did :razz: That, and I'm prone to turtling and waiting for things to happen in such away that I can best take advantage of them.

I wouldn't play on Ironman simply because (I'm on PS4) I can't trust the integrity of saved games when they were consistently corrupted whenever overwritten (so I had to make a new file each time to save and delete older ones for room). That, and I'm not ready for the realistic consequences of failing dating in Calradia lol. I reloaded after my first final date with Adalindis dey Folcun ending in failure and succeeded the second time and, to make myself feel less like a cheater, instituted a "three strikes rule" which I abandoned after my poor daughter/successor couldn't find a (younger) man without buying one lol. I was willing to maintain the realistic no-save scumming rule with failed sieges and repeated imprisonments lol, but I made marriage an exception (for now lol).

Some clan leaders are just that loyal. Is there a hidden "loyalty metric" being calculated or something? No clue lol, but I chalked it up as "some people are just really decent dudes who'll stand by their homies even if they're homeless and repeatedly imprisoned for it." Mad respects to King Ymir Gundaroving who remained loyal to Great King what's-his-name of not-Gundaroving who, despite being the son of the former ruler and my bestie after a while, remained faithful. Several Sturgians kept the faith like that lol so I do wonder if there's some special programming with some of the rulers or some hidden mechanic going around.

But, you don't really have to recruit everybody to unite the world. My approach was to recruit many vassal clans to overwhelm my opponents (which worked) but it probably isn't necessary. For reference, I believe I counted 30 or so clans by the time I unified Calradia (or about 3-4 times as many as a default country's clan count) so you're likely strong enough to let your vassals handle everything from here if you'd like to take a break "in-universe" lol. My breaking point was when I united 4/5ths of Calradia and, having suffered so many crashes related to sieges, felt my patience evaporated and wanted to call it a done game, but I chose to wait out the clock from Ostican (my new capital since my vassals wanted to give ma the Christmas present of northwestern Vlandia lol--I'm only half joking by the way) and, after seeing my vassals gradually mop everything up I decided to put down the neutral city states in Vlandia, finish off the Vlandian Kingdom (I let it be in the single castle between Jalmarys and Ortysia), and finish off the Western Empire (which had united nearly half of Calradia before them and us became the final two major factions) in Vostrum as my final battle before improvising a credits scene where I returned to Ostican while listening to appropriate RTK7 ending music and looked through the codex of familiar faces to see all the stuff that happened over 48 years lol.

Now, as for proper advice; I recommend handling the Nahasa Desert yourself and let your vassals deal with the remnants of Sturgia and Vlandia. You'll probably enjoy yourself more as I did semi-soloing Sturgia and I recommend pulling in friendly retinues only when it's time for sieges (and then disband them between sieges so they can recruit fresh troops and you can move faster on the map). An important trick to staffing castles and cities you might not know about is to repeatedly exit and reenter when while commanding an army; an important caveat is that once they're voted for somebody not called "the player" they're far more generous about it, so hanging out in the conquered fief until voting's done is recommended so you can let your vassals donate enough troops so the soldier count is ~100 before moving on to the next siege. However, retinues eventually run out of "spare soldiers" so ejecting them temporarily is a useful means of allowing them a chance recuperate ejecting a handful is a great way of scattering local enemies you otherwise can't pursue (not to mention the bolder among them will actively attempt to pin them down for you to finish off).

Another thing to notice is that, in the diplomacy screen, you can choose between "Aggressive, Neutral, and Defensive." In my experience, this most affects the likelihood they'll both invade the enemy country AND pursue their units. I recommend setting policies with all landless factions to "Aggressive" so they're basically screwed as much as possible but set ONLY the country you want your vassals to invade (I recommend Sturgia and the purple guys in Omor in your case) while having the ones you don't want them invading Neutral. This way, you can have some control over where they choose to invade since they typically invade the country you've set to Aggressive if the other landless factions aren't marked as "be aggressive to them" accordingly.

It's okay if a handful of clans have 6 to a dozen fiefs while most have 1-2. That's feudalism for you lol, and while there's the obvious risk of them leaving off with those territories I doubt it's likely to ever happen since I never happened to me in my 48 year playthrough and only a couple clans (namely fen Gruffendoc) defected between AIs (and fen Gruffenduc fulfilled the encyclopedia's implied conditions of "poor and cornered" at the time of flipping Epicrotea to Sturgia lol). The wealthier clans have a much easier time fielding large armies and gathering lots of Influence so they can unite Calradia for you while the little guys will typically follow along. I actually don't recommend donating your own fiefs to vassals at this point because they're just a drop in the bucket while your own private source of wealth is how you not only maintain veto power (especially if Serfdom's enacted) but also secure the throne (most successions favor the most powerful, so it helps to be the largest/strongest land owner to maintain the monarchy). Finally, there's diminishing returns with your vassals ability to vote so 4 guys that can spend 200 Influence plus 10 guys spending only 50 really isn't worse than 22 guys each spending 50 each with 6 others spending 100 or so. What I mean to say is--it's not so bad for power to concentrate into a handful of vassals provided you're still way stronger than them. You always have the option of voting to exile them (effectively stealing all their land in the process) in a pinch, and, in my testing, it's not much more expensive than voting to seize a person's fief and subject it to voting lol.

Finally... well, that's about it; where you're at, I'd recommend chilling out and letting your vassals take it from here while you play pick-up or finish off the little guys solo-ish so that you can have some decently balanced fight encounters at least. However, if you were earlier on, I'd also recommend using Trebuchets to destroy walls since I found that a very effective way to minimize allied casualties and make city/castle taking very easy (and I manually did most of them for the specific purpose of ensuring I only ever lost 2-4 guys per 1-200 enemy defenders lol) but crashing bid me to just automate it (even then, losing 30-50 guys against 1-200 isn't that terrible by the point you're at lol) except for the final siege (which I wanted to do manually to give it an Osaka Castle vibe lol).

Hopefully all this helps! I can't think of much else to say other then, while I did have gripes with the slow clean up at the end, I really did enjoy the unification phase and the pushes and pulls. My favorite part was where, expanding from the Nahasa Desert after toppling the Aserai Sultanate, I had to choose between maintaining my territories in the East (Vostrum to Odokh) or maintaining the territories in the West (Ortyisa to Jalmarys) since I realized while under pressure from the Vlandians, Western Empire, and Southern Empire (they were based in the Duzeg Steppe lol, Emperor Nemos of the Western Empire had managed to successfully unite all the Empire lands proper lol) made continued expansion in both sphere impossible. Ultimately, I forsook the east to focus on unifying Western Calradia since I figured it'd be the perfect launching pad to just push east for the rest of the game. And I succeeded--at the cost of all my conquered eastern lands and Husn Fulq while having to retake Lageta and nearby lands from Sturgia lol. And then I had the fun of dealing with Sturgia while I let my vassals keep the Western Empire distracted, and then pincered the Empire from "behind" via Tyal (a neutral city) and... well, I got bored once I realized I had basically won from then on lol.
Thanks again for this detailed long reply.
I just feel the late game is kind of boring since you just let your vassals do most of the works, and you, as a king, just traveling and find lords to recruit.

Thanks for all the tricks and tips. I think the realistic mode is more fun to play since it will force you as player to be more focused and alerted, otherwise I would just load and save until the situation favors me the most. But in realistic mode, you have to be a lot more careful since you may actually lose a battle and become a prisoner.

There's still much work for TW to be done, after 2 years of game release, there is still much left to work on. I wonder if they really listen to our voice and make a difference......

Do you get a "unification cerebration" videos after you take every fiefs in the map?? I wonder if they would show you a statistics or a celebration videos as ending game gift.....

Thanks again for this detailed long reply.
I just feel the late game is kind of boring since you just let your vassals do most of the works, and you, as a king, just traveling and find lords to recruit.

Thanks for all the tricks and tips. I think the realistic mode is more fun to play since it will force you as player to be more focused and alerted, otherwise I would just load and save until the situation favors me the most. But in realistic mode, you have to be a lot more careful since you may actually lose a battle and become a prisoner.

There's still much work for TW to be done, after 2 years of game release, there is still much left to work on. I wonder if they really listen to our voice and make a difference......

Do you get a "unification cerebration" videos after you take every fiefs in the map?? I wonder if they would show you a statistics or a celebration videos as ending game gift.....
You don't really need to go scouting for clan heads since they'll typically be at the places you're besieging, so you'll normally capture them without having to go out of your way. Still, while I do enjoy the unification game, I do agree that the point beyond where victory is inevitable is boring since, well, there's no more sense of danger and excitement since you know you'll win anyway. Unfortunately, this is an issue common to pretty much every strategy game I've played; the best I've seen it handled is to just make the clean up as fast as possible so it's more like a victory tour rather than a drudge to suppress last, futile holdouts of resistance.

Indeed, I felt that when I first played Warband on PS4 because, before it was patched, you couldn't disable auto-saves so it was Ironman by default lol. When a patch allowed for auto-saves to be disabled, I did save-scum a few playthroughs but they were never as fun as the more hardcore ones, so I stopped doing that after a while. When it came time for Bannerlord a couple months ago, I decided I'd play on true normal without save-scumming (and certainly no player advantages) on Sandbox (didn't want to be bound to a main story or have free relatives) since I figured that'd be the most fun, and... it was! It may be painful to lose hundreds of top tier troops and be imprisoned in your own cities, but it's a necessary pain for danger to be thrilling and to have the fun of averting such misfortunes in the future, not to mention the fun of having persevered and made it despite the odds.

Sadly, there is no fancy unification event or commemoration, so I just made my own to compensate. The beta patch added the ability to retire and review statistics, so you could use that as an alternative, but this is one aspect I really think TW needs to spend a few days working out since there ought to be some kind... "ending slides" to commemorate the long journey, with look-backs at your greatest glories and worst tragedies, remembrances of those that once lived, especially preceding player generations, and all the stuff you'd typically expect in a strategy game ending (at least a RTK/Nobunaga's Ambition ending since that's my frame of reference lol).

You don't really need to go scouting for clan heads since they'll typically be at the places you're besieging, so you'll normally capture them without having to go out of your way. Still, while I do enjoy the unification game, I do agree that the point beyond where victory is inevitable is boring since, well, there's no more sense of danger and excitement since you know you'll win anyway. Unfortunately, this is an issue common to pretty much every strategy game I've played; the best I've seen it handled is to just make the clean up as fast as possible so it's more like a victory tour rather than a drudge to suppress last, futile holdouts of resistance.

Indeed, I felt that when I first played Warband on PS4 because, before it was patched, you couldn't disable auto-saves so it was Ironman by default lol. When a patch allowed for auto-saves to be disabled, I did save-scum a few playthroughs but they were never as fun as the more hardcore ones, so I stopped doing that after a while. When it came time for Bannerlord a couple months ago, I decided I'd play on true normal without save-scumming (and certainly no player advantages) on Sandbox (didn't want to be bound to a main story or have free relatives) since I figured that'd be the most fun, and... it was! It may be painful to lose hundreds of top tier troops and be imprisoned in your own cities, but it's a necessary pain for danger to be thrilling and to have the fun of averting such misfortunes in the future, not to mention the fun of having persevered and made it despite the odds.

Sadly, there is no fancy unification event or commemoration, so I just made my own to compensate. The beta patch added the ability to retire and review statistics, so you could use that as an alternative, but this is one aspect I really think TW needs to spend a few days working out since there ought to be some kind... "ending slides" to commemorate the long journey, with look-backs at your greatest glories and worst tragedies, remembrances of those that once lived, especially preceding player generations, and all the stuff you'd typically expect in a strategy game ending (at least a RTK/Nobunaga's Ambition ending since that's my frame of reference lol).
yeah I would love to see a statiscs board to show how many enemy I have killed, how many fiefs I have lead army siege, how many battle I have won, what's the biggest odss battle I have won..... etc at the end when my character die.....

But I doubt TW will put this a top priority for now.

yeah I would love to see a statiscs board to show how many enemy I have killed, how many fiefs I have lead army siege, how many battle I have won, what's the biggest odss battle I have won..... etc at the end when my character die.....

But I doubt TW will put this a top priority for now.
The beta patch's contents will make that a thing when it's done, actually; perhaps once patch 1.1.0 is a thing you'll be able to check with the Hermit near Lageta and see exactly all that. I plan on trying that out myself once the beta patch is complete.

Back
Top Bottom