Help a comrade out

Users who are viewing this thread

Vicccard

Master Knight
I'll cut right to the problem; I can run Native, Polished Native, Napoleonic Wars and even Brytanwalda all without a hitch. Yet I can not start the first battle of L'aigle (against the 4 bandits) without getting Runtime Error. I've tried lowering specs, but it makes no difference. I downloaded the mod and the patch and installed them properly.

I get no lag (except for one time) nor any red error text. I honestly don't understand why my computer can't run this mod. I'm open for suggestions, tips, links to pages that help (in which case you are free to scorn me for not finding said pages), anything.

Vicccard said:
I'll cut right to the problem; I can run Native, Polished Native, Napoleonic Wars and even Brytanwalda all without a hitch. Yet I can not start the first battle of L'aigle (against the 4 bandits) without getting Runtime Error. I've tried lowering specs, but it makes no difference. I downloaded the mod and the patch and installed them properly.

I get no lag (except for one time) nor any red error text. I honestly don't understand why my computer can't run this mod. I'm open for suggestions, tips, links to pages that help (in which case you are free to scorn me for not finding said pages), anything.

Have you tried using the "load textures on demand" option via the config launcher ? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head although L'aigle is optimised better than most mods and option isn't needed for what many expected.

What I'm running on:

QsAZFyA.png

Force Single Threading (not sure what that does anyway) is off.

Try forced single threading and see if that makes a difference.
If not, I wouldn't know what to suggest, Not really had any issues for warband and mods so I'll try my best until someone else has a bash :razz:

General K said:
Try forced single threading and see if that makes a difference.
If not, I wouldn't know what to suggest, Not really had any issues for warband and mods so I'll try my best until someone else has a bash :razz:

I tried that. I got passed the first battle but the interior of the tavern was entirely black, and it gave a Runtime Error when I entered a 2nd time.

DasKinkyWalrus said:
You could enable 4GB usage from a 3rd party program like CFF explorer I think it's called.

My computer has over 400 GB space in the E: disc I have steam (and thus MB) on. Besides, shouldn't I run into that problem with native or other games as well? I just can't believe space is the problem.

Enable Pixel Shaders and windowed mode if that makes a difference.
In the Advanced tab Edit mode should always be off, unless you are actively scening than playing.

Vicccard said:
DasKinkyWalrus said:
You could enable 4GB usage from a 3rd party program like CFF explorer I think it's called.

My computer has over 400 GB space in the E: disc I have steam (and thus MB) on. Besides, shouldn't I run into that problem with native or other games as well? I just can't believe space is the problem.
He's not talking about space. He's talking about RAM, or memory.
This is separate from both your Hard Drive and your processor.
Hard Drive is the cabinet, RAM is the dinner table, and the Processor is the knife.

Mind you, I'm having this issue as well with this patch. I think we have a memory leak on our hands.

usnavy30 said:
Enable Pixel Shaders and windowed mode if that makes a difference.
In the Advanced tab Edit mode should always be off, unless you are actively scening than playing.

Tried. Failed.

Rallix said:
Vicccard said:
DasKinkyWalrus said:

He's not talking about space. He's talking about RAM, or memory.
This is separate from both your Hard Drive and your processor.
Hard Drive is the cabinet, RAM is the dinner table, and the Processor is the knife.

Mind you, I'm having this issue as well with this patch. I think we have a memory leak on our hands.

So...How to fix this?

My RAM is 4G but only 2.1G seems to be free and I'm not quite that eager to randomly shut down programs without knowing what they are or do.

My game is absolutely potatoes-quality right now, and still it gets runtime errors. Am I seriously the only one who uses a 4G RAM and experiences these problems?  :???:

I have 4 gigs and I dont have these problems... Since I run on a toaster try switching to dx7 as thanks to the VC patches lately.. they have broke something somewhere which causes the runtime error.. 1.158 was perfect but they just had to break it..  :???:

There are A LOT  of fixes for the runtime error here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316863.0.html .... Hopefully you will find a fix that works for you..

this is really not graphical or memory problem,more like something is screwed on installation,or maybe sound problem.did you make a changes to troops txt?

Re-download the whole mod and the patch, maybe something got corrupted on the previous download. In launcher options, enable: Use Pixel Shaders, Load Textures on Demand and Force Single Threading.

Also before you install the mod, try and verify the Warband file integrity through steam, who knows maybe something got screwed. I'm yet to have a problem or a crash with L'Aigle, it runs flawlessly.

Takeda Shingen said:
Re-download the whole mod and the patch, maybe something got corrupted on the previous download. In launcher options, enable: Use Pixel Shaders, Load Textures on Demand and Force Single Threading.

Also before you install the mod, try and verify the Warband file integrity through steam, who knows maybe something got screwed. I'm yet to have a problem or a crash with L'Aigle, it runs flawlessly.

Did all this. Started a new game, and once again crashed when smugglers keep battle was about to start.

Vicccard said:
Takeda Shingen said:

Did all this. Started a new game, and once again crashed when smugglers keep battle was about to start.
Like I stated before, download CFF explorer and enable greater than 2GB usage. This will fix your problem as it did mine when I had a bad computer.

Back
Top Bottom