OSP 3D Art Helmets: item_kinds1.txt to come (Bug Fix is up)

Users who are viewing this thread

OL 512 said:
wow , those helmets look awesome :shock:

well , btw i was trying to pass some armors from Medieval Adventure to Native of 1.010 , but it gave me this RGL error:

RGL ERROR:get_skeleton_anim failed for: run_forward onehanded.

what i supposed to do now? :sad:

I googled and found this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=49368.0

Some guy who has the same rgl error, hope it helps.

Hey, I've got a problem. There's 2 textures called Helmet.dds, this causes an error that says "Attempt to reregister texture helmet.dds", if you delete one of them, some of the helmets go black but the game works. How do I prevent the error from happening and still keeping both textures?

By the way, is it possible to have the same name for 2 different items? Don't know what to call all the different bascinets, a bit lame to call them "Bascinetf, bascinete" etc in the game.

I erased both textures, so I can't really help you with this one.

And about the item names, well, you can name each item however you want... are you talking about the bascinete and the one with the open visor?

Yeah the realbascinets.. I'm havign another problem now, I deleted one of the textures and they didn't go black or anything, I put all the realbascinets including the pigfaced visor one, when I found them in the shop I got an RGL warning for each of them saying "unable to find mesh realbascinete" etc. I checked the BRF and the itemeditor and I had spelled out the names exactly like it was in the brfedit, so that's not the problem. You think it's cause I deleted one of the textures?

I'm getting same error on weapons that weren't in the helmet.dds either now.

Ok I want to know what I'm doing wrong here, this is what I do:

I download OSP Helmets, put the textures and resource files in their folders and add load_module_resource = communityhelms in module.ini. I open the brf file and ItemEditor, I delete both helmet.dds files and then I browse through the helmets and add the ones I like in the itemeditor. What I do when I add is to find a helmet, like Great_Helm, insert a new one at the end of the file and change the name to the new item like "real_bascinet", then I change the itm_great_helm lines to itm_realbascinete (just like it says in the mesh tab in the BRF file). I save the item_kinds and BRF file, I start the game, wait a few days and enter an armor shop, get the error "unable to find mesh realbascinete" or whatever the helmets name is.

Tiberius said:
If it says that, then you probably deleted the mesh from the BRF or something. Maybe you mispelled the communityhelms thing?

No it's spelled right.. Well I'm obviously doing something wrong :/ Anyway I'll just wait for the finished item_kinds.

Sorkenlol said:
Tiberius said:
If it says that, then you probably deleted the mesh from the BRF or something. Maybe you mispelled the communityhelms thing?

No it's spelled right.. Well I'm obviously doing something wrong :/ Anyway I'll just wait for the finished item_kinds.

The bad thing about getting the item kinds file from the maker of the mod is that he's gonna include ALL helmets, which isn't that good since most people won't like all of them.

Tiberius said:
Sorkenlol said:
Tiberius said:

The bad thing about getting the item kinds file from the maker of the mod is that he's gonna include ALL helmets, which isn't that good since most people won't like all of them.

Well there's always the option to not buy them  :lol: I'd never buy the mail coif for example, but I still like it that it's in the game.

Yeah, but they take up space for other items, so those other items are gonna appear less, making it harder for a Lordly version of one of those items to appear.

Its coming soon, hopefully without bugs, sorry it wasn't out on the weekend I've been busy lately.

Those helmets are great and I will definetly use some of them for my mod but who shall receive the credit? Which modder made which helmet? I have marked the items from my weapons pack with small codes like pop_arbalest (pop = The Pope, rrr = RR_Raptor65 etc.) so everyone knows who made the beautiful stuff inside the brf.

hey there nooob here  :shock:
how do you get this to work, I think the only thing I need to do is put load_module_resource
directive in module_info.txt
but where
plz help

Holy crap I finally got it working, great helmets, thumbs up!

I feel so, so stupid.. The problem was that I had put the mesh in as Itm_helmet instead of just Helmet, you're only supposed to do the Itm thing on the ID.. /Facepalm

Back
Top Bottom