Hello and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello world.
I have been lurking for a long time and I have never really played PoP until the last weekend.
I kind of went the path of least resistance, ended up a vassal of Gregory IV (why do I always think George V? Because of the Dragon Motto? The Kilts? The longbows? Or all of the above?) - proud owner of Rebache. With all those Mystmountain robbers I kept busy. Then Wolfbode hit. Poor Wolfbode - he tried for Poinsbruck when everybody and their grandma ganged up on him and that was that (Which was a good thing because my effort to drag the three Seers on him failed miserably - he ran. Luckily THEY decided it was too cold for them and went back across the river. Phew.
In the meantime on the other side of the kingdom trouble was brewing with Fierdsvain. The Pendor Cavalry that was my main tool until then quickly showed deficiency in wood and hill, so I started training blue rangers and that is what I have been doing all weekend.
Tebandra, Sheastrom, Fenbray, Valhalla - repeat. Fortunately the lads who want to try their fortune in the wars don't run out.
In my version of Pendor the area around Dagon, Ironoak and Ansen is called the black triangle, because it sucks in armies and spits out broken Lords.
Ansen, btw is my most important companion, because he is all that keeps my army going when the fierdsvain are coming too many to count.
But hey, my boys are not rangers for nothing, so climb onto the next hill and make it rain until there are no arrows left. Then swords out and hopefully the other guys will have sent their Berserkers first.
Ingame Christmas 354 is looming and the fighting started in May. I lost count how often I have taken Ironoak. Whenever I leave the area as little as a hop to Senderfall another green guy tries his hand and I have to kick him out all over again - which is when I learned to hate Valkyries and their Dragonspine axes. Vicious things. Now that I finally have one of my own, lets see how they like it next time.
And on the horizon - Javiksholm. Whenever I get to be marshall. Sigh.

Long story short: I am having a blast.
Thank you all for your hard work, I appreciate it.

Edit: typo

I thought I would post my own thankyou in this thread rather than starting a whole new thread for my one post...

Thanks so much to all of you folks who have been working on Prophecy of Pendor. This is by far my favorite way to play Warband, it runs really well under Linux, the troop types are really fun (and in my playthroughs so far seem tell well-balanced), battles are the most fun out of any version of Warband I've played.

So far I've played with a D'Shar based army, then with a mixed Fierdsvain/Ravernstern army backed up by maiden cav and adventurers. The horse archer AI seems really good in the latest version of the game.

fasquardon

Back
Top Bottom