Height difference between shortest female and tallest male

Users who are viewing this thread

KSHMR

Sergeant at Arms
As the title says, this post is about the height difference between shortest female and tallest male.

I have notice that the smallest females are incredibly small and in my humble opinion, a little too small.. They are so little it becomes 300% harder to shoot them. I mean this is fine since it is also known that selecting a shorter character comes with disadvantages such as less reach. However, it really feels like a bit too much for me. What are your thoughts on this?

I preffered smaller characters for their smaller hitbox and their easier use of thrown weapons in melee.

But the taller characters leg reach is undeniably useful for kicking, I found for infantry at least, the free slash to the head from landing a kick out weighed the missed arrows and better jav use from a smaller character.

taller characters leg
I've done alot of testing and the reach is same for all sizes. Is there no official TW Statement regarding the impact of character size???

What triggers me are those super small child models from the beta. They have a size which is unavailable for all of us.

My character is the smallest woman btw:
PZaM8UT.jpg

I've done alot of testing and the reach is same for all sizes. Is there no official TW Statement regarding the impact of character size???

What triggers me are those super small child models from the beta. They have a size which is unavailable for all of us.

PZaM8UT.jpg

Interesting, I had been unable to kick a friend at a same set distance when I was the smallest male character and he was the tallest male character. He was just able to reach me without me being able to reach him, but maybe it was coincidental, or another extraneous factor played a role, I'm uncertain.

If you've played with the smallest character for a while and feel no noticeable difference, then it's reasonable to assume that the difference between them is neglible enough to not be relevant.

I'll try some more testing.

Yes even the slightest difference of the orientation between body&feet&stance and enemy body&feet&stance can result in hitting/not hitting. And even if you are perfectly mirrored you have to aim at the same pixel.

@Aprikosenmann

What you said about height not being available to us would make perfect sense. I tried it myself and picked the smallest woman yesterday, but I noticed that it wasn't as small as I have seen other people? So what is up with this? People that choose this height in previous versions is not unavailable but they can STILL PLAY WITH IT? Is that correct? If that is the case Aprikonmann, then this definitely needs to be patched because having people play as children height characters whilst not allowed the rest of the players to even choose this height is not the way to go.

@Callum

PZaM8UT.jpg

Hey that's me, from what i've seen i'm the only person to still have this model though. I have never met anyone else with the old character model anymore.

I would stop playing with the character if i had a choice to make another character profile just to keep this for history sake we could say. But here we are ?‍♂️

i just cannot understand how size didnt affect speed and strenght.

eg. small character have a small reach, but small hitboxes also, and suffers a little slow down because of short legs, and have smaller strenght to hit, draw etc.
medium characters have avarage reach, avarage hitboxes and strenght, but are fastest (medium medium and a little taller ones)
biggest characters suffers most for speed, and are biggest dummies to hit, but have greater strenght and as it is very long reach.

Well I also saw some other people yesterday. You're definitely not the only one with that size still implemented.
Yes, but my character has a few cm's of difference, some patch during the beta they changed the character model and in turn also increased the character smallest size limit. Since i never applied the changes since then which would have put them by default, i'm still under that very small difference

small character have a small reach
From what ive tested this is not true . As I posted above the reach is same for all sizes. Please provide a source.

Hey that's me, from what i've seen i'm the only person to still have this model though. I have never met anyone else with the old character model anymore.

I would stop playing with the character if i had a choice to make another character profile just to keep this for history sake we could say. But here we are ?‍♂️

Sry Younes for calling you out :smile: There are atleast 2 other players using it. It's just that the character is so small it is very akward to play against...

Last edited:
No need to brainstorm things, this has been tested both before and after the 50% max height difference nerf, and the difference in reach should be no greater than 1-2 cm now (at least for the model hand size), barely if at all noticeable, but this can be best explained by @NIN3 , because many don't believe what regular members have to say about this.
Come 9 , i summon thee to share your wisdom with the people :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom