HEGEMONY 268 B.C. To be released for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

The mod is going to be released before June. Eddie has been working on it the whole time, letting you guys stew and despair. He's been posting sporadic and dated "updates" in here to create a grinding sense of suspense and anticipation.

And just when it seems like it's dead forever, Bam - he's going to put it out under the title HEGEMONY - 268 B.C.

There's an expansive map and an inventory list I couldn't imagine the Warband engine could even handle. What's more is that there's going to be multiplayer in the first release, also.

I won't post the date because then he'd just change it up, but expect it soon. my position in the development team is uncompromised by this post as i finally have finished my contributions.

read it before deletion, lol

George_Costanza said:
The mod is going to be released before June. Eddie has been working on it the whole time, letting you guys stew and despair. He's been posting sporadic and dated "updates" in here to create a grinding sense of suspense and anticipation.

And just when it seems like it's dead forever, Bam - he's going to put it out under the title HEGEMONY - 268 B.C.

And now you ruined the suprise! Oh you bastard!

If this is truth, then Ealabor would get upset about this, and it can be worse.

Anyway, it sounds great, a totally arsis and thesis on job

NacroxNicke said:
If this is truth, then Ealabor would get upset about this

Heh no, this is likely Dave, aka AlphaDelta rage trolling because he got banned for posting content he ripped from mine and other peoples work without permission.

In regards to the mod(s), i'm working out of state so there is no time for that really, and what I do have I spend on other entertainment.

So it's safe to say the work is suspended, though i'd like to have a look into putting it on M&B 2 anyways TBH where the content will be fresh.

Anyways I'll leave you with a later look at the scene for Rome, though none of the speculars and statues were applied then:

romel1.jpg

Regards,
Edward

ealabor said:
NacroxNicke said:
If this is truth, then Ealabor would get upset about this
...though i'd like to have a look into putting it on M&B 2 anyways TBH where the content will be fresh.
Is it gonna be like with porting 0.96 version to Warband? -Hope not.
Ealabor, I don't wanna sound like a D or anything bad though, but I'm sure many people lost hope in this, at least I did. I just remember how I was following this mod over the last year, and once I saw how the things go, I just got away from this. Also, I remember how you were not respecting all my support then, and that's one of the reasons as well.
Nothing else to say to you, ealabor, except the best of luck,
Janko.

You see it doesn't really matter that you lost hope because that doesn't give him more free time .  :smile:

I am also quite disappointed ... I would of expected Hegemony out by now but we can't blame Ealabor for not having enough free time . :razz:

As for porting it ? Just do it for whatever Warband version really...doing it on another game altogether would take years considering the current rate lol.

Crayon said:
So all those previews and massive expectation build up then... nothing?

:mad:

Yep. I was hoping that something would have been posted by now, but nada. Mod's dead, bro.

I still firmly believe that Ealabor is by far the most talented modder in this community.
I can't wait to see your work whenever its done!

Outlawed said:
I still firmly believe that Ealabor is by far the most talented modder in this community.
I can't wait to see your work whenever its done!

I completely agree. The hegemony team was extremely talented, Ealabor was definitely one of the best in the business and the original hegemony for 0.960 was easily one of the most thorough and amazing mods I've ever played. A successful port with scenes and such would easily outclass most other mods.

That being said I heard a couple times that the majority of the work was complete, however much of it was in a bit of trolling tone so I'm not sure if that's true. Nevertheless, if no further work is planned for it in the foreseeable future and if it IS playable, would there be any harm in releasing what's complete as an open alpha or beta? I'm sure other mods have released with less. But if you still have time to work on this ealabor and you plan to release it for warband eventually forget I said anything  :smile:

the original non warband version was near complete... at least according to the leaked beta it was pretty close and that was back 3 years ago or so...

All that work? All those architectural models and scenes all done for nothing then? The one thing I most adore about this mod is how t really immersed itself within the complete roman theme and culture :sad:

Ok dudes this is just sick. I've started playing M&B in 2008 with the hundred years war mod and soon discovered the hegemony 096 mod version, which was pretty epic even though the m&b version was dated like hell.

Then I read about the new version. In 2008 I was like 'mkay no release this year, maybe next'.

In 2009 the same procedure followed and then I trashed Mount and Blade as waiting for the mod was the only thing which kept me visiting these forums.

Then in 2012, after not playing M&B for atleast 2 years I checked in again and ... bam... no release.

Partly as a little homage and because of my interest in the ancient times I even worked on my own roman mod, just not for Mount and Blade, but for ArmA2, as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT49GV31rmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGr9UDURNU8

Being a modder myself I know sometimes you don't deliver. And RL is more important. But I'd have atleast uploaded the sources. Because letting the work of hundreds of hours getting wasted seems like a pretty bad move.

For my arma2 mods that I stopped working on I released the sources and now the source files are used by several modders and they've created new stuff and enhanced my work. As have other modders, but sadly this doesn't seem to be common in the M&B modding community.

Without a doubt for Warband. just give it lots of time. Mods aren't made overnight. Some take years to finish. Work, studies, bills up the arse and then personal relationships all come before dedicating countless hours into something that is really just considered a hobby because there's no profit other than the satisfaction of others. I tried making my own personal mod for Rome total war and I tried changing some skins, so I know how much of a headache it can be to dedicate hours on something and then I have to implement it to work in-game. I can only imagine how it must be to make 3D models, and don't get me started on scripting!

Back
Top Bottom