Hegemony 268 ALPHA VERSION for 1.010/1.011

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
El-Diablito said:
So...what is this version? A year old alpha? The current state of the mod? Argument aside it is out and I for one will be taking a peek at it, though I'm assuming it's probably too early in dev to be played beyond bug testing, still, I'd like to know what I'm peeking at.

As for plagiarism, it's kind of a **** move to upload this here without permission, but you can't actually plagiarise other peoples work in a historically accurate mod..plagiarism is the goal, and if an artist *isn't* plagiarising, then his work shouldn't even be in a mod, if the objective of that mod is historic accuracy.

If he just ctrl-c'd things and passed it off as his own however, that's called theft, and is rather different.

You'd be peeking at a 20 month old snapshot. I added items until the list maxed out and filled out factions until editing restrictions meant I could add no more. I haven't worked with the module system so I don't know what can and can't be done but a large number of the factions are fairly well bulked and it's a lot of fun to play.

I didn't ctrl-c any work from any source. As mentioned on the previous page I looked at some skins from EB as examples for shield patterns, fabric patterns and tattoo patterns. As it turns out, Psycho V didn't accuse me of plagiarism. He was if anything, flattered.

Cheers

AlphaDelta said:
That forum is not in any way, shape, or form password protected. I don't even have an account on that forum and there's no prompt for password entry.

If there is any discrepency, you should address Jubal, who is both a member here, and also an admin at Exilian. Perhaps a result of something occuring when they switched servers.

But it's odd because I was prompted with my password to enter it for citing the comments from it today, so I doubt it.

And you may confirm with all of those people that have made comments on that page, all of which are contributors and members if they have or have not required a password to enter the developer forum.

I imagine you need an account (with a password) to post there, but I can enter that forum no problems without one.

Costumes.brf error when trying to launch the mod though so this might be a rather moot point.

Edit: Btw ealabor, keeping the game in open alpha/beta while developing doesn't have to be a bad thing, I mean this definately wasn't the way to go about doing it but..the cat is out of the bag so you might as well make the best of it. I'm not much of a modder but if I have access to a version *you* release and update now and then, I'd be happy to help out testing the features as you add them. I'm sure many others are as well.

AlphaDelta said:
Are you trying to play the mod using warband? This version works with M&B 1.010/1.011.

So you've..released an alpha of this mod *before* he began developing it for Warband?

Wow, you're not only a douche, you're a worthless douche, congratulations.

El-Diablito said:
AlphaDelta said:
Are you trying to play the mod using warband? This version works with M&B 1.010/1.011.

So you've..released an alpha of this mod *before* he began developing it for Warband?

Considering that's AlphaDelta from TWC, who was on an award winning mod team, he isn't that useless. It's apparent Hegemony has some group issues though.

El-Diablito said:
AlphaDelta said:

Yeah..I'd feel like a worthless douche If I couldn't install a mod properly too.  :grin:

Gothic Knight said:
El-Diablito said:
AlphaDelta said:

Considering that's AlphaDelta from TWC, who was on an award winning mod team, he isn't that useless. It's apparent Hegemony has some group issues though.

Ok, so he is locally worthless for uploading a hopelessly out of date alpha (but not worthless in general) and a douche (this last point surely cannot be denied in this instance?).

I stand corrected.

Gothic Knight said:
Considering that's AlphaDelta from TWC, who was on an award winning mod team, he isn't that useless

I'm not sure that excuses anyone's actions to betray trust, and upload content without permission, consent, and without giving full credit to people involved?

In regards to the developer forum:

pw.jpg

That's what I see, and when you click on the sublink to exilian, you'll see the PW requirement:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/44332/

So I don't know if Alpha is using a link gateway through his own account (most likely under a diff name), to open the page, or if there is a genuine issue with Exilian. For sure it is supposed to be password protected as is shown in the link, but again Jubal, and admin there can confirm that. Just as well all of those contributors can confirm the password req.

And clicking on the workshop link with me logged out will not load the developer forum.

So this seems to be another trick for grandstanding.

3 people, one of which can't even install a mod properly, have reported that they can access the forum without accounts or password prompting so I think you can discount technical wizardry. Better get your house in order rather than accuse me of 'grandstanding trickery'.

Clicking on your link perhaps, as you've no doubt backtracked to the PM about the site with pass I sent you,  but we'll see who has the final say about that forum having been password protected when an exilian admin answers.

AlphaDelta said:
3 people, one of which can't even install a mod properly, have reported that they can access the forum without accounts or password prompting so I think you can discount technical wizardry. Better get your house in order rather than accuse me of 'grandstanding trickery'.

Oh I'm quite capable of installing a mod, I just made the false assumption that you wouldn't be violating ealabor's trust and backstabbing his entire team by uploading a 12 month old alpha version for a mod that, if I am not dreadfully mistaken, is currently being developed for warband.

The fact that you did this, makes it pretty clear it's not so much about bringing the mod forward as it is whirling up drama.

hey glad to see this mod is finally out, even if its only an alpha. for everyone talking ****, just shut up. obviously its not going to change anything. and for the fact people are complaining about it taking two years and him not being able to "have enough time to finish it" are obviously people who dont understand how much work/time it takes. trust me, im in the military and have been deployed, and ive worked on a couple of mini-mods for myself. it takes a lot of time and sometimes you dont have that luxury. so if your going to complain, try working on one yourself to see how time consuming it can get.
Now for elabor, quick question. would a custom troop editor program work with your mod to edit any unfinished troops?

ealabor said:
Clicking on your link perhaps, as you've no doubt backtracked to the PM about the site with pass I sent you,  but we'll see who has the final say about that forum having been password protected when an exilian admin answers.

It doesn't surprise me that the front door is practically off the hinges. TWC can't even get it's security in order and it's a massive site by comparison.

chrisfries said:
hey glad to see this mod is finally out, even if its only an alpha. for everyone talking ****, just shut up. obviously its not going to change anything. and for the fact people are complaining about it taking two years and him not being able to "have enough time to finish it" are obviously people who dont understand how much work/time it takes. trust me, im in the military and have been deployed, and ive worked on a couple of mini-mods for myself. it takes a lot of time and sometimes you dont have that luxury. so if your going to complain, try working on one yourself to see how time consuming it can get.
Now for elabor, quick question. would a custom troop editor program work with your mod to edit any unfinished troops?

If I wouldn't get banned for it I would throw a whole lot of curse words after you. You need to get your info right before starting to post. I'm not going into this argument, because it's not my place. Ealabor, not AlphaDelta is the main man behind the mod, and he is clearly not happy about this release.

Besides, everyone that has posted here have worked on major projects, so they know what it means to mod.

if I understand correctly this version of Hegemony has been abandoned and was never going to be released anyway. which is a terrible shame since it's probably a lot different from what Warband version is going to be. especially considering all the work done and the near completion state... It looks more like beta rather than alpha with majority of scenes and items done.
I don't have the source code but willing to bet it wouldn't take me more than a few weeks to bring it up to a more playable shape just by myself.
personally, even though I don't approve of what AD has done, am still happy there's something vs nothing for the community after all these years of waiting; especially for people like me who don't have Warband.

ealabor said:
Gothic Knight said:
Considering that's AlphaDelta from TWC, who was on an award winning mod team, he isn't that useless

I'm not sure that excuses anyone's actions to betray trust, and upload content without permission, consent, and without giving full credit to people involved?

In regards to the developer forum:

pw.jpg

That's what I see, and when you click on the sublink to exilian, you'll see the PW requirement:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/44332/

So I don't know if Alpha is using a link gateway through his own account (most likely under a diff name), to open the page, or if there is a genuine issue with Exilian. For sure it is supposed to be password protected as is shown in the link, but again Jubal, and admin there can confirm that. Just as well all of those contributors can confirm the password req.

And clicking on the workshop link with me logged out will not load the developer forum.

So this seems to be another trick for grandstanding.

It doesn't, and I don't have any idea what happened between you two, so I didn't pass judgement on you or Alpha. You two need to work things out imo.

Cruger said:
If I wouldn't get banned for it I would throw a whole lot of curse words after you.
I doubt you would get banned, really. I asked someone to go **** themselves in bolded 24-sized font and only got a 10 % watch. :razz: You'd need to be incredibly ****ing over the top to get banned for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom