Need More Info Heavy stuttering and framedrops in Siege and TDM multiplayer games, but spectator mode is buttery smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

zigs

Recruit
Summary: Whenever I`m picking a character and joining the fight, I`m experiencing a terrible stuttering and framedrops. At that time my GPU utilization is below 50% according to Windows Task Manager. But whenever I`m switching to the spectator mode (or get killed) the game is buttery smooth (with 100+ fps) without any stuttering nor framedrops and GPU utlilization is at 100%.
How to Reproduce: Play multiplayer Siege or TDM with 50+ players
Scene Name (if related): All maps/Multiplayer
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD 5600XT
GPU Driver Version: 22.11.2
CPU: Intel i5-10600KF
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: Z490 Aorus Elite AC
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hey, we have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With this data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Hi,
I was trying to create a ticket but got "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" and "413 Request Entity Too Large" while trying to upload the 20-30s .tmcap file. It`s around 220MB compressed so way above 100MB threshold.
Let me know how to proceed with the upload.

Hi,
I still cannot upload the requested file to the website. Could you please advise?
But in the meantime I`ve noticed that game restart fixes the issue for some time, so it seems like it`s some kind of a memory leak.

Back
Top Bottom