Resolved Heavy round shield almost impossible to block in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: It seems the heavy round shield always tries to pick a side to block, instead of just the middle (rest position)
How to Reproduce: Swirl the shield around with right mouse, then let go of the mouse. Then simply press the right mouse without indicating a side. And it will take a side automatically. It should be the middle block position, but mostly it won't be. Not sure if it's a bug, but it sure feels uncontrollable.
Have you used cheats and if so which:No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: Good enough
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
Hey, the character will change their stance according to the movement. You can observe the movement of the block or attack through the white arrows on your HUD. I see there is no mismatch with the arrow and the direction of the block so everyting looks in order here. Make sure that the arrow is on middle low when you want to block.

Hey, the character will change their stance according to the movement. You can observe the movement of the block or attack through the white arrows on your HUD. I see there is no mismatch with the arrow and the direction of the block so everyting looks in order here. Make sure that the arrow is on middle low when you want to block.

Yeah thanks, i just figured out that all shields do that, it just so happens that it looks a little extreme on this particular shield.
All is in order :smile:

(i couldn't delete the report, otherwise it would be gone already)

this is bannerlord, mb 2.0, has directional shieldblocking.

no "resting position", if you want it to be in middle then drag mouse slightly down which is the most "normal" position.

this is bannerlord, mb 2.0, has directional shieldblocking.

no "resting position", if you want it to be in middle then drag mouse slightly down which is the most "normal" position.
"(i couldn't delete the report, otherwise it would be gone already)"

I've got 400 hours in Bannerlord. Thanks for the info though. :smile:
I always wondered about this shield.

If you would look at the heavy round shield, its blocking looks off to me.
But it is intentional, so...

I'd rather see the shield (when you move forward) be in the middle, instead of sticking to the last direction input given.
It's looks funny.

Last edited:
"(i couldn't delete the report, otherwise it would be gone already)"

I've got 400 hours in Bannerlord. Thanks for the info though. :smile:
I always wondered about this shield.

If you would look at the heavy round shield, its blocking looks off to me.
But it is intentional, so...

I'd rather see the shield (when you move forward) be in the middle, instead of sticking to the last direction input given.
It's looks funny.
again its same with all shields.

There's autoblocking and there's controlling attack/block with arrow keys. But if you just want to have the shield in the middle, you move mouse slightly down when pressing block button (or up, to protect upper body & head).

Back
Top Bottom