Heavy Inf

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't get all this throwing meta cluster-screw.

Throwing weapons shall:

Do moderate damage to light armor - archers/skirmishers.
Do moderate damage to light horses.
Do small damage on heavy armor/horses.
Do very big damage to shields.

Throwing weapons were there to be used against shields irl, not to cause damage. See Pila: it is literally anti-shield weapon.

Make throwing weapons an tactical instrument to wear down shield bearers, not a yolo-yeet 360 no-scope meta!

I don't get all this throwing meta cluster-screw.

Throwing weapons shall:

Do moderate damage to light armor - archers/skirmishers.
Do moderate damage to light horses.
Do small damage on heavy armor/horses.
Do very big damage to shields.

Throwing weapons were there to be used against shields irl, not to cause damage. See Pila: it is literally anti-shield weapon.

Make throwing weapons an tactical instrument to wear down shield bearers, not a yolo-yeet 360 no-scope meta!

Just nitpicking, but its a common misconception that Pila's primary role was to disable shields. Few smiths could perfectly forge the softened iron shaft to a point where it both wasn't too brittle to break, but was supple enough to bend by its own weight. Generally they worked similarly to barbed arrows, designed to make their removal from flesh difficult without causing further damage and making sepsis more likely, it getting caught in shields was largely an added bonus.

But the primary purpose of that narrow shaft was to let the projectile slide through the shield with minimal friction and thus velocity retention. This allowed the Pila to punch through a shield and stab the (generally) lesser armoured opponent on the other side, impaling them onto their own shield, whilst also causing a wide, deep wound which was almost guaranteed to go septic.

its too late he went into his hibernation already
edit: CAN WE GET RID OF 3 SPAWN META PLS thank
Can we nerf Cav already and give some love to heavy inf so that you dont have to feel like Neo, dodging Cav stabs, cav bumps, archers, throwing and kicks without doing any dmg in the meantime.

In fact you still do zero, null, nada dmg to cav when they are close to you. If you try to hit the horse you get a spear to your face. If you try to hit the rider he simply blocks and WW's away. If you are lucky and you get to fight a barded horse you might be able to do 30-40 dmg on a hit to the horse after glancing 4 times beforehand.

If you try to use a spear against cav, you might be able to rear the horse (if the rider isnt careful) and do a whole whopping 35 dmg on the rider woooo! If you fail you will simply eat a 40-100 dmg stab and be done.

Right now throwing spears/pilas are the only realiable way to dismount and punish a cav.
Hell, even 3 light javelins are more useful vs cav than a shot spear.

I see all these people talking about two game modes that don't seem to exist if you live in Canada or the United States.
Yeah, a quick reminder to dev's that all the match-making modes may as well not exist to anyone not in the three (four, maybe?) match-making regions...

Yeah, a quick reminder to dev's that all the match-making modes may as well not exist to anyone not in the three (four, maybe?) match-making regions...
North America has two matchmaking regions (East NA, West NA). I assume Europe and East Asia are actually able to play Skirmish?

Can we nerf Cav already and give some love to heavy inf so that you dont have to feel like Neo, dodging Cav stabs, cav bumps, archers, throwing and kicks without doing any dmg in the meantime.

In fact you still do zero, null, nada dmg to cav when they are close to you. If you try to hit the horse you get a spear to your face. If you try to hit the rider he simply blocks and WW's away. If you are lucky and you get to fight a barded horse you might be able to do 30-40 dmg on a hit to the horse after glancing 4 times beforehand.

If you try to use a spear against cav, you might be able to rear the horse (if the rider isnt careful) and do a whole whopping 35 dmg on the rider woooo! If you fail you will simply eat a 40-100 dmg stab and be done.

Right now throwing spears/pilas are the only realiable way to dismount and punish a cav.
Couldnt agree more.
Even a Pila is just a CHANCE to punish a Cav MISTAKE.
You cannot punish a rider that respects your pila and you can still miss/hit shield/do small dmg to cav that disrespects your pila.

In competitive matches there are 2 cav vs 4 players that spawn 3 pilas each per round and yet the cav is carrying. Pilas are fine when used on foot.

North America has two matchmaking regions (East NA, West NA). I assume Europe and East Asia are actually able to play Skirmish?
I'm not sure if it's better at other times, but every time I've tried at least East Asia I have never found a game. I don't fall into any of those regions though so I hardly even want to bother playing a competitive mode with high ping.

I've asked the developers before if they could at least give a custom server to try those modes out but I was hit with the usual "we'll bring it up internally" to no reply months later, lol.

Couldnt agree more.
Even a Pila is just a CHANCE to punish a Cav MISTAKE.
You cannot punish a rider that respects your pila and you can still miss/hit shield/do small dmg to cav that disrespects your pila.

In competitive matches there are 2 cav vs 4 players that spawn 3 pilas each per round and yet the cav is carrying. Pilas are fine when used on foot.
If you miss,. you're doing a mistake, same goes for the rider disrespecting your pila getting dismounted or not hitting a safe lance strike.

One thing you get wrong here is that the pila carrying class costs 120, 110 or 100.
Do you expect to be more powerful than a cav costing 200? I hope not, because then I'd say you guys lack in game theory, if a unit is double as expensive for buying it either needs to bring that power to the battlefield or it will not get picked.

I agree on the other hand though that heavy cav is too strong. No disagreeing in that. But as long as I am forced into a cheap class of 120 gold max, I don't expect to be more powerful on my single life than the 200 gold class. That's why I can spawn it multiple times, up to 3 times - the cavalry can not do that.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's better at other times, but every time I've tried at least East Asia I have never found a game. I don't fall into any of those regions though so I hardly even want to bother playing a competitive mode with high ping.

I've asked the developers before if they could at least give a custom server to try those modes out but I was hit with the usual "we'll bring it up internally" to no reply months later, lol.
Yeah or the other famous reply: ''Forwarded to QA, thanks'' and then never hear from it again lol xD

tw wont do that and y'all know it

If you miss,. you're doing a mistake, same goes for the rider disrespecting your pila getting dismounted or not hitting a safe lance strike.

One thing you get wrong here is that the pila carrying class costs 120, 110 or 100.
Do you expect to be more powerful than a cav costing 200? I hope not, because then I'd say you guys lack in game theory, if a unit is double as expensive for buying it either needs to bring that power to the battlefield or it will not get picked.

I agree on the other hand though that heavy cav is too strong. No disagreeing in that. But as long as I am forced into a cheap class of 120 gold max, I don't expect to be more powerful on my single life than the 200 gold class. That's why I can spawn it multiple times, up to 3 times - the cavalry can not do that.
All I am saying is that you cant take out throwing spears, while leaving heavy inf as it is and not nerfing cav.
Infantry will be even more useless, now that they lost their only tool to reliably stop cav.

#MakeHeavyInfCost150 #NewPatchSoonPls #HeavyInfBullied
Also Vlandia Heavy inf is the worst atm. When it comes to the sword and mace, they are terrible.I made a post about it already.Buff the mace to 93 speed or increase damage to 59 and reduce speed to 88 and for the sword increase the speed to 91 and dmg to 71.
I say that based on the matches I played because despite the state of heavy inf I still play mainly heavy in official matches.Apart from Vlandia the other heavy inf is pretty okay.

@AVRC I will add my voice to the ones pleading for a more robust heavy inf buff. Nerfing throwables takes away a counter to archers and cav as well, both classes to which heavy inf is quite weak. Cav in general is much too strong at the moment, so this will further this divide. My proposal would be to:
  • Make all projectiles, throwables and arrows, do less damage to armor (maybe exempt horse armor from this, as heavy cav needs a nerf).
  • Make it possible for heavy inf to effectively deal with cav.
    • Give heavy inf longer spears.
    • Make spears glance less often.
    • Make spears do more damage against horses.
      • OR Let staggering a horse do damage to the rider as well.
    • Increase spear stabbing speed on foot.
I think this will be more preferable to nerfing skirmishers. Skirmishers should still be useful against light classes, as well as archers. It's mostly heavy inf that doesn't have a place right now.
Also, if you're going to go through with nerfing skirmisher melee capability (which seems less necessary with the above changes), please also do this for archers and dismounted cav.

You gotta nerf archers then aswell.

All I am saying is that you cant take out throwing spears, while leaving heavy inf as it is and not nerfing cav.
Infantry will be even more useless, now that they lost their only tool to reliably stop cav.
Just accept the fate, we will get nerfed into the ground more, for each time infantry is able to strike out a place for them in the decrying imbalance of power between archers/cav and infs it will get taken away. It's been like that for a year now.

You gotta nerf archers then aswell.
Archers are actually p weak, the issue is they can often get 3 lives if they manage their eco right and that they can both more easily punish respawns who have to travel back to the fight, and they can contribute the fight quicker when respawning as well. It's also tough to push archers, not because of kiting alone, but because the kiting can pull you back into an opponent's spawn area, heavily limited your options for when to engage.

Shield coverage is also an issue, the forcefield around shields needs expanded, but this has less impact than the other things.

The issue is the game mode; it's time to move on from Skirmish.

Back
Top Bottom