Heavy Cav should be 190 gold

Users who are viewing this thread

All the heavy cav costs have been adjusted to 200 gold. I feel this, combined with other nerfs, make heavy cav far too UP atm. The new lancing relative speed makes it almost impossible to kill any troop with a single hit, thus heavily reducing the "shock value" of heavy cav. In addition, cav weapons and cav horses feel a lot more clunkier. A good way to restore balance would be to make heavy cav 190 gold, so players can occasionally respawn twice with this troop.

Also, the lack of shields of light cav at this moment makes them far too vulnerable. Light cav are essentially always given a choice between a longer weapon (compared to a weapon with ~160 reach, which is barely anything) and a shield (vital in defending against archers). The longer weapon is almost always needed, since the shorter spear barely have any reach. This leaves light cav to be too vulnerable against skirmishers and archers. I suggest putting the two perks into separate categories, so players can choose to add a shield while also having a slightly longer reach.

Last edited:
Not allowing heavy cav to spawn twice with max gold is one of the best changes they made. Heavy cav is the ultimate pub destroyer and can still completely carry matches.

All the heavy cav costs have been adjusted to 200 gold. I feel this, combined with other nerfs, make heavy cav far too UP atm. The new lancing relative speed makes it almost impossible to kill any troop with a single hit, thus heavily reducing the "shock value" of heavy cav. In addition, cav weapons and cav horses feel a lot more clunkier. A good way to restore balance would be to make heavy cav 190 gold, so players can occasionally respawn twice with this troop.

Also, the lack of shields of light cav at this moment makes them far too vulnerable. Light cav are essentially always given a choice between a longer weapon (compared to a weapon with ~160 reach, which is barely anything) and a shield (vital in defending against archers). The longer weapon is almost always needed, since the shorter spear barely have any reach. This leaves light cav to be too vulnerable against skirmishers and archers. I suggest putting the two perks into separate categories, so players can choose to add a shield while also having a slightly longer reach.
I disagree. The cost adjustment is a great balance, and to be honest I'm very happy with cavalry not being able to couch for 500+ damage now. I dont think a mechanic thats so incredibly frustratingly simple to perform should be that powerfull. Now couching is a safe way to do pretty high damage without having to time your attack perfectly. I do wish the damage was abit more consistant though, but that might just be lack of attention on my part.

Hopefully with the nerf to cavalry and archers, we can see tournaments avoid class limits in the future.

I disagree. The cost adjustment is a great balance, and to be honest I'm very happy with cavalry not being able to couch for 500+ damage now. I dont think a mechanic thats so incredibly frustratingly simple to perform should be that powerfull. Now couching is a safe way to do pretty high damage without having to time your attack perfectly. I do wish the damage was abit more consistant though, but that might just be lack of attention on my part.

Hopefully with the nerf to cavalry and archers, we can see tournaments avoid class limits in the future.
Cavs couch has always been a way for cav to deal shock damage, the same holds true in warband. Currently, it is impossible for cav to strike lethally, with most hits being under 50 for regular hits and ~80 for couching. On the other hand, cav mistakes are punished far more severely. An accidental bumping into obstacles can mean death against both shock and normal infantry, with shock infantry dealing around 80 damage per hit and being able to hit in quick succession. At this point, cav is even weaker in bannerlord compared to warband. Cav has been nerfed to a point where it’s underpowered and I hope to see some of its strength restored. At this point cav fails in both shock and melee. It’s also far harder to penetrate a block compared to its warband counterpart

At this point, cav is even weaker in bannerlord compared to warband. Cav has been nerfed to a point where it’s underpowered and I hope to see some of its strength restored. At this point cav fails in both shock and melee. It’s also far harder to penetrate a block compared to its warband counterpart

No, not really.

Cav is still ridiculously strong imo.

I do feel however that it is wrong to force a player to play multiple class types because of the awkward gold spread. Imo, heavy cav should be further nerfed to the point where its gold level can be brought down such that a player can go both heavy cav and non-heavy cav in same match.

Yeah the couched lance should OHK if lanced full speed, regardless of the armour value, like it was in Warband. Right now it just doesn't work and a simple thrust is always better, rendering couched lance obsolete.

I do wish the damage was abit more consistant though, but that might just be lack of attention on my part.
It's not, the couched lance is just broken:

Last edited:

hard disagree. It should never be possible that one team can effort double heavy cav and the other doesnt. Either let them at 200 or make them 150.

Back
Top Bottom