Heavy Cav Has No Impact

Users who are viewing this thread

You know you can CALL THEM BACK when the charge is over. I highly recommend it. Get yourself onto the enemy flank and issue the "follow me" command. Once you cav is mostly formed up you can tell them to charge in again. In large battles you need to control the cav yourself. Keep them together until the enemy all routs and then let them finish off the survivors.

I have also reformed my infantry into a new line to meet the enemies second wave. You have complete control over your army. I suggest you use it.

Oh, I know, but then re-issuing the charge command leads them to pursue the nearest unit. Which in the scale of a large battle, is usually some infantry unit running away, which results in like 6 horses chasing after one fleeing soldier, instead of charging full on into an infantry assembled line formation... or into the archers to prevent them from raining **** on your troops.

Oh an also - constantly getting your troops to stop fighting and follow you, can result in unnecessary troop losses, since their priority is to follow you, and not engage... So really, it just isn't that effective at all.

Oh, I know, but then re-issuing the charge command leads them to pursue the nearest unit. Which in the scale of a large battle, is usually some infantry unit running away, which results in like 6 horses chasing after one fleeing soldier, instead of charging full on into an infantry assembled line formation... or into the archers to prevent them from raining **** on your troops.

Oh an also - constantly getting your troops to stop fighting and follow you, can result in unnecessary troop losses, since their priority is to follow you, and not engage... So really, it just isn't that effective at all.

you clearly have never played total war lol.

Use Advance rather than charge.

And cav following you after engaging and losing units....thats also normal.

you clearly have never played total war lol.

Use Advance rather than charge.

And cav following you after engaging and losing units....thats also normal.

I've played countless hours of total war games.
Cavalry charging and regrouping is a necessary micromanagement strategy which results in a lot of broken morale, and very quickly.

In Bannerlord; it results in lost formation, scattering, and lost units... it still needs a hell of a lot of work putting into it.

I've played countless hours of total war games.
Cavalry charging and regrouping is a necessary micromanagement strategy which results in a lot of broken morale, and very quickly.

In Bannerlord; it results in lost formation, scattering, and lost units... it still needs a hell of a lot of work putting into it.
Well I guess if the romans existed then sticking to tight formations even post-charge would make sense but until that mod is created, charging IN formation then scattering after is rather realistic.

Battle zones always broke down into a mess. Romans were famous for their tactical discipline to stay within formation without being baited by emotion.

SO charging, losing formation, scattering and you needing to regroup the troops sounds fine as it is unless as I said, you were playing romans.

Somehow I don't feel Bannerlord is supposed to be based off that era.

Anyway so back to the OP, this thread is redundant

Back
Top Bottom