Heavy Armor?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a magical unicorn. It exists only in your dreams, along with the 2nd copy of imperial lamellar scale that I didnt steal from my wife

The availability of good armor is an annoying issue at the moment.
Either good armor is simply not available at stores or loot, or if it is, it's hilariously expensive.

Best way for you to get it is marry a Battanian noble who might have in their inventory, take them to your party and take it from them.

The availability of good armor is an annoying issue at the moment.
Either good armor is simply not available at stores or loot, or if it is, it's hilariously expensive.

Best way for you to get it is marry a Battanian noble who might have in their inventory, take them to your party and take it from them.
Or you can do "lord needs a tutor" quest. A random inexperienced clan member joins your party. You can take his/her expensive armors.

What you could do is install the console mod. Then activate cheat, then you go in the inventory, you will have acces to all objects.

Just take the armor you want and desactivate cheat desactivate mod. And there you have. I don t like to cheat but I was tired of waiting/checking every store in Sturgia to find the helmet I wanted :p

What you could do is install the console mod. Then activate cheat, then you go in the inventory, you will have acces to all objects.

Just take the armor you want and desactivate cheat desactivate mod. And there you have. I don t like to cheat but I was tired of waiting/checking every store in Sturgia to find the helmet I wanted :p

Not even need to download the mod. Edit the config file and change cheat mode to 1. Open game, get what you need. Close game, change to 0 and done.

C:\Users\*yourUserName*\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config.txt

Change "cheat_mode = 0" to "cheat_mode = 1" and when you run the game again and open the inventory you'll see al the items on the left, which you can get for free.

Engine
C:\Users\*yourUserName*\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\engine_config.txt

Change "cheat_mode = 0" to "cheat_mode = 1" and when you run the game again and open the inventory you'll see al the items on the left, which you can get for free.
Thanks I thought you needed the mod for that. Indeed easier :smile:

Yeah, I just used this although just to look at the different armors. My faction holds half the map and I still can't get decent suit of chest armor dammit! Just want to see what to go for in 'play through 2' after the game is official. :wink:

Well, sucks if the only way to get good gear in a game is either through exploits/marriage or through cheating.
Some patches adressed the supposedly too quick player progression, but if players have to resort to cheating to equip themselves in an immersive manner in late game, that does not keep me motivated to go gear hunting at all.

Yeah, there are some pacing issues. I feel like about the time you are really on your way to conquering the known world (a few big empires left to contend with) you should be able to surpass some of your companions in fighting ability (start seeing some 150s), have access to the best armors and weapons, ideally you or a companion would be able to craft comparable weapons through smithing without having dedicated an eternity to it and just kind of everything should be aligning to 'end game' about the same time.

So I think they need to kind of look at every skill and think "how do we pace this to be about 125-150 or so for a player that plays X hours which seems to be what it takes to get to that stage of being about to conquer the world?". Then they take that expected smattering of skills: A few 125-150s, a lot of 75-100s and a few low ones of 25 or less assuming the character never touched certain melee or ranged skills and make sure that the level aligns with any level dependent inventory availability in their planning.

Honestly, maybe we should all be screenshotting our skills and captioning it with our game stage.

Bottom line. If I conquer the world I'm not going to wait for armor that never showed up I'll probably smile and call it good. ...unless there's some kind of end game invasion I don't know about. :wink:

Yeah agreed... I was wondering if they just don't populate in towns while you're still early on in the game or something. I'm pretty strong in my current playthrough and haven't seen any maille coats. Nothing stronger than the Leather Scale Armor at 18/6/6 rating. I've seen good armor in other playthroughs but it should def be more abundant.

Yeah, there are some pacing issues. I feel like about the time you are really on your way to conquering the known world (a few big empires left to contend with) you should be able to surpass some of your companions in fighting ability (start seeing some 150s), have access to the best armors and weapons, ideally you or a companion would be able to craft comparable weapons through smithing without having dedicated an eternity to it and just kind of everything should be aligning to 'end game' about the same time.

So I think they need to kind of look at every skill and think "how do we pace this to be about 125-150 or so for a player that plays X hours which seems to be what it takes to get to that stage of being about to conquer the world?". Then they take that expected smattering of skills: A few 125-150s, a lot of 75-100s and a few low ones of 25 or less assuming the character never touched certain melee or ranged skills and make sure that the level aligns with any level dependent inventory availability in their planning.

Honestly, maybe we should all be screenshotting our skills and captioning it with our game stage.

Bottom line. If I conquer the world I'm not going to wait for armor that never showed up I'll probably smile and call it good. ...unless there's some kind of end game invasion I don't know about. :wink:
I believe you summed it well up on "there are some pacing issues".

Better armor does eventually start to show up in shops. The problem is that it might be taking too long for that to happen. I found Warlord armor for the first time last night, for instance, after about maybe a hundred hours of play in this unmodded campaign where I had already decided to start my own kingdom in order to have a challenge because the one I was a Vassal of had already begun to trample the rest of the world.

That leads me into believing the campaign is planned for a span of 300-500+ hours of playtime. If the completion of the main quest is not the end, but the beginning of something bigger, then, in that case, there might be enough game for that much playtime (just not currently, during Early Access), in which case the pacing discussed could actually be OK in the end.

The ability to have children, have them grow into fully fledged characters and even play as them upon death of the first character hint that the 300-500+ hours of playtime per campaign might indeed be the case.

Last edited:

Better armor does eventually start to show up in shops. The problem is that it might be taking too long for that to happen. I found Warlord armor for the first time last night, for instance, after about maybe a hundred hours of play in this unmodded campaign where I had already decided to start my own kingdom in order to have a challenge because the one I was a Vassal of had already begun to trample the rest of the world.

That leads me into believing the campaign is planned for a span of 300-500+ hours of playtime. If the completion of the main quest is not the end, but the beginning of something bigger, then, in that case, there might be enough game for that much playtime (just not currently, during Early Access), in which case the pacing discussed could actually be OK in the end.

The ability to have children, have them grow into fully fledged characters and even play as them upon death of the first character hint that the 300-500+ hours of playtime per campaign might indeed be the case.

Ah yes! Good point as well. Either the expected gameplay time needs to rise to the pace of skill and item progression or the skill and item progression needs to shrink to the likely time spent on a playthrough. I hadn't thought of the former being a very real possibility.

That leaves the question, what players they would like to cater to? I am far from 100 hrs of playtime. 300-500 hrs is impossible for me to reach.
Yet I also want to be able to see good armor in the game.

Instead of a linear experience they could try to create a more dynamic and volatile environment.
It seems as of now that Kingdoms quickly turn upon another and quite early one or two dominate the other ones and rule the continent. The player can also get into the mix with their own faction.
Would it not be more interesting if old kingdoms could reappear due to a rebellion? That would create a more interesting game and when the player dies, the heir might find himself in a completely different environment and political setup.
Ealry game should be about the character you create
Mid game about the faction you join, the kingdom you create
Late game about the dynasty as a whole

are you serious that you would want to throw whole 4 days + 4 hours for one 'playthrough' ? 500 would be 11 days straight. I would think this would be a near mental asylum material.

I never immerse myself with fake reality, like some people. I find it despicable, when people shift their personality in order to accomodate to the fake reality of their made up character, taking it all too seriously. Just my opinion :smile: To me it seems just stupid :p

Back
Top Bottom