Heavy armor should deflect arrows

should heavy armor deflect arrows?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

isn't it weird how there isn't really a maximum range either? The arrows fly straight for way too far and shooting the bow feels similar to shooting a gun in any other game.
What game We takling about here? Yesterday, druimmor, 18 aserai archers with long range perk. I was aiming at 1 group of fians in the far far distance at c. My squad of archers used between 50-75 arrows before i got a hit! Not a kill, a hit!!!!!!!!!! If its cap mode We talk about u need to test first, then talk... Thx

What game We takling about here? Yesterday, druimmor, 18 aserai archers with long range perk. I was aiming at 1 group of fians in the far far distance at c. My squad of archers used between 50-75 arrows before i got a hit! Not a kill, a hit!!!!!!!!!! If its cap mode We talk about u need to test first, then talk... Thx
The AI always gets the elevation wrong and Captain mode should be removed from the game.

isn't it weird how there isn't really a maximum range either? The arrows fly straight for way too far and shooting the bow feels similar to shooting a gun in any other game
They messed up in the physics engine how gravity affects projectiles. I haven't calculated it for arrows yet precisely but I have indeed calculated it for throwing weapons, and they either have a force causing them to accelerate in the horizontal direction or the "gravity" in the game is similar to the gravity on Mars..

I want All shield inf to be impossible to hit and block all Inc damage 360 degrees around me, if i keep "right click" pressed down! And, inf should run faster than a f16 too!......(being totally sarcastic here)... I Wonder when "only inf playing People" Will stop trying to destroy the balance in cap mode...And stop comparing bl game mechanics with RL!!!!! Grrrr

i think the class system was designed to be played with captain mode,

mechanics in captain mode doesnt translate well into battle mode or strictly pvp modes imo

but yes in captain mode arrows could pierce whatever you want, but in battle where the combat is more intense i think a more complex penetration formula should be introduced

Last edited:
Captain mode issues are almost always AI related. You can't screw up the balance for other modes just to artificially improve the performance of AI.

Casually gonna leave my consistent suggestion here:

Create some strategic tradeoffs for an archer by introducing a perk of arrows which are slower, have more drop, and have less ammo, but are registered as blunt damage so they do substantial damage to an armored opponent.

Change the damage output of regular arrows to "cut" damage, and lower damage as needed, so it is possible to kill unarmored/lightly armored opponents in under body 5 shots, but the heaviest armor need upwards of 10 arrows in body shots.

Unfortunately, this would require extensive testing to find a sweet spot with the speed damage multiplier of the arrow but hey, that's why we're in beta (still).

I think blunt, pierce and cut dmg arrows can be interesting to explore.

Not sure about realism of blunt arrows, but.

*Edit* though no archer is going to bother with cut arrows that deal 20 dmg to naked people...

Last edited:
I think blunt, pierce and cut dmg arrows can be interesting to explore.

Not sure about realism of blunt arrows, but.

*Edit* though no archer is going to bother with cut arrows that deal 20 dmg to naked people...

Agreed, if arrows mainly did cut damage heavy infantry would have a more distinct role.

You could also give heavy archers a choice between 2h's and pierce/blunt arrows, making it a trade-off between penetration and melee capability.

Though I think blunt arrows might be too effective against armour to balance their base damage properly.

Casually gonna leave my consistent suggestion here:

Create some strategic tradeoffs for an archer by introducing a perk of arrows which are slower, have more drop, and have less ammo, but are registered as blunt damage so they do substantial damage to an armored opponent.

Change the damage output of regular arrows to "cut" damage, and lower damage as needed, so it is possible to kill unarmored/lightly armored opponents in under body 5 shots, but the heaviest armor need upwards of 10 arrows in body shots.

Unfortunately, this would require extensive testing to find a sweet spot with the speed damage multiplier of the arrow but hey, that's why we're in beta (still).
great idea!

forward to taleworlds,

i dont know what needs to be done but i know archers are just 2 op right now

what other modes have AI and bots? only cap mode.. and TW can update the modes separately now...sooo
So I'm not sure why you're mad about PvP players wanting balance changes to fix their modes when TW can separate the changes?

Anyway, my point is that archers being weak in Captain is mainly due to their AI having problems, it wouldn't be helpful to either mode if archers have to be artificially strengthened via damage when the main problem is their AI failing to hit targets. That would just make using them inconsistent and practically RNG based.

At the end of the day, when people advocate for changes to their specific mode they're obviously not asking to destroy the balance in other modes. We all just want the game to be more enjoyable and balanced across the board.

So I'm not sure why you're mad about PvP players wanting balance changes to fix their modes when TW can separate the changes?

Anyway, my point is that archers being weak in Captain is mainly due to their AI having problems, it wouldn't be helpful to either mode if archers have to be artificially strengthened via damage when the main problem is their AI failing to hit targets. That would just make using them inconsistent and practically RNG based.

At the end of the day, when people advocate for changes to their specific mode they're obviously not asking to destroy the balance in other modes. We all just want the game to be more enjoyable and balanced across the board.
I dont want to repeat myself on this topic. Read My previous posts about Ai mechanics. Or not, whatever

Back
Top Bottom