Heavy armor should deflect arrows

should heavy armor deflect arrows?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

sebastian-ii.jpg

it is my understanding there is some disagreement on whether arrows can penetrate armor,

i think high quality armor should deflect arrows and cheap armor should not.

i think there is armor (with under padding) that would sufficiently deflect most if not all arrows

all i want is a historically accurate gameplay of arrow penetration in armor, not all arrows should penetrate, and there should be an expensive armor set that could resist most/all arrows (within historical accuracy)

Last edited:
ok well if its historically accurate then ok, i just thought chail mail would protect against most arrows
If we're talking about historical accuracy, then these are better tests:

Most bows weren't as strong as longbows and even longbows weren't an ultimate weapon of destruction like the missle weapons in Bannerlord Generally speaking even thick cloth armour would provide enough protection against most bows and with metal armour on top of it could withstand longbow and crossbow shots, making the gaps in the armour the primary target.

So in conclusion making armour realistic would be a huge nerf for all missile weapons in the game, archers would only be a threat in great numbers, 1v1 they'd be almost useless.

If we're talking about historical accuracy, then these are better tests:

Most bows weren't as strong as longbows and even longbows weren't an ultimate weapon of destruction like the missle weapons in Bannerlord Generally speaking even thick cloth armour would provide enough protection against most bows and with metal armour on top of it could withstand longbow and crossbow shots, making the gaps in the armour the primary target.

So in conclusion making armour realistic would be a huge nerf for all missile weapons in the game, archers would only be a threat in great numbers, 1v1 they'd be almost useless.

I would argue that historically accurate archers are not useless, which is why armies would use them,

they are cheap and they kill all but the most expensive suits of armor,

armor should be very exclusive, but they should actually work within the realms of historical accuracy

but yes in a 1v1 a archer would have to melee a heavily armored opponent,
but this is a melee game

You do realize that this game is not %100 historically accurate and doesn't strive to be, right?
Otherwise lamellar armor would deflect arrows as well or swords/axes wouldn't do damage against heavy armor or you wouldn't be able to reuse pila after you kill someone with it and so on.

You do realize that this game is not %100 historically accurate and doesn't strive to be, right?
Otherwise lamellar armor would deflect arrows as well or swords/axes wouldn't do damage against heavy armor or you wouldn't be able to reuse pila after you kill someone with it and so on.
all good changes i think?

historically accurate doesn't make the game less fun, i think it improves it most times

Your suggestions will make the game less fun for at least %90 of the community.
i disagree, but i think we will have to wait for mods to see, i think arrows and cav being unrealistic (along with movement penalties for different classes) make the game less enjoyable,

until someone has a custom servers with the rules i suggest we cannot truely see if my changes are more fun,
thank you for reading and commenting

Unfortunately your request is not acceptable for the following reason:
the number of hurtboxes of the character are few and they are all covered by a piece of armor.
If that part of the armor was in plate or heavy as you write, then the character would be 100% protected by arrows and would become invulnerable to them, leading to a disproportionate imbalance in many cases.
To introduce the mechanics you require, you need to make some adjustments to the armor system and the hurtboxes of the models.
These tweaks, the introduction of the mechanics you requested without an imbalance and without the invulnerability of those wearing heavy armor, with the addition of greater depth of the combat system both melee vs melee and distance vs melee, are written in the thread that I insert here:

JOINT HURTBOXES and ARMOR HURTBOXES: an armor system that provide a way to balance factions warfare and make more deep the combat system(suggestions)

Back
Top Bottom