• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalictar

butscrew said:
I am trying to model some basic houses for village scenes, so far they are a box with a triangle roof but I am getting there. Just don't expect to be able to enter any of them.

Get some good textures though and they may look pretty good, working on the roof architecture currently, I am using my neighbours house as my inspiration. I live in the countryside of Owari Asahi anyway, some of the people around here look old enough to have been alive in the timeline of this mod.

Also I am thinking some Portuguese Jesuit Priests should be travellers (I should send this in a PM but meh). Considering they are the guys who brought gun powder to Japan. Oh and Christianity too but who needs religion when you can blow things sky high....unless your on the receiving end in which case I heard you can find religion pretty quickly.
Well you cant enter most of the building in native so it should be fine.

I was thinking of something like a neutral jesuit mission location.

so far this is the mercenary list.
Ninja
Shinobi
Lancer
Elmeti
Western Marine
Arquebusier
Maybe a Jesuit cavalry gunner?
Might just rearmor the caravan gaurds

On Manhunters -
I have replaced them with sohei, yamabushi, and ikko-ikki
 

butscrew

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Instead of Jesuit Cavalry Gunner maybe you should have a Chinese mercenary. There was actually Chinese mercenaries in Japan then. The only Jesuits were monks. I don't remember reading about monks with guns. I remember there being a bullet proof monk though, his name was Chow Yun Fat.

One more thing, the Ikko Ikki should be bandits and not manhunters. It was a rebellion that the main factions opposed. I thought Sohei's would of made good mercenaries.
 

ImpSmash

Regular
M&BWBNW
Hey im the one who posted the ninja suggestion mod but anyways i realy think this is going to be the best japanese mod in my perspective.
 

shalictar

ImpSmash said:
i realy think this is going to be the best japanese mod in my perspective.

thanks.

Chinese mercenary sounds great!
maybe a monastery gaurd or soemthing i feel like making some type of jesuit troop.

now that I remember the ikko ikki were rebeling right now, i guess they would make better forest bandits and maybe rogue yamabushi as mountain bandits
...and sohei would make great mercenaries ill add them in there.

what should the manhunters be  :???:
 

tobier

Recruit
WB
Why would you want ninjas and shinobis for use in battle? I don't think you should use them for mercenaries..

Would you mind post the troop trees, so we can see/comment on them? I have some ideas we could use :smile:
 

TimotheusTJB

Sergeant
The mod looks rather good. I prefer there not be firearms it kind of takes the fun out of mount&blade but if you want them in that's fine ill still be happy. Just one thing this is of course your call but i suggest making more then five factions because most if not all the mount&blade modules have five or so factions. In my opinion it would be best if you maybe had like 10 factions and say 3 of 'em were strong and the other seven factions rather small and weak but all join up against the 3 strong factions or something similar to that. I think it would be a lot better that way and make it more interesting.
 

shalictar

If there were no firearms it wouldnt be historically accurate, It would also disregard a large part of the film.

anyway the only faction to add would be usami and he was part of Uesugi's army he just left for a week or something until Uesugi challenged and killed him for the control of his troops (who were part of his army in the first place.)
 

butscrew

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Why not change the name of man hunter to bounty hunter. There was some rogue unemployed samurai roaming the countryside catching thieves and murderers who had bounties on their heads for a living after all.

@tobier: There was ninjas that fought on the battlefield, once again I will mention my favourite ninja Hanzo Hattori and what he did, in a battle he defended both Ieyasu Tokugawa from assasination along with a VIP party both of whom were not travelling in the one party. He was a ninja who fought on the battlefield.

Shinobi however were not battlefield ninja's, they were the spys and assassins. However those kind of options aren't available yet (at least in coding the game) so they may as well be on the battlefield with the rest of the peasants and samurai's.
 

tobier

Recruit
WB
butscrew said:
Why not change the name of man hunter to bounty hunter. There was some rogue unemployed samurai roaming the countryside catching thieves and murderers who had bounties on their heads for a living after all.

@tobier: There was ninjas that fought on the battlefield, once again I will mention my favourite ninja Hanzo Hattori and what he did, in a battle he defended both Ieyasu Tokugawa from assasination along with a VIP party both of whom were not travelling in the one party. He was a ninja who fought on the battlefield.

Shinobi however were not battlefield ninja's, they were the spys and assassins. However those kind of options aren't available yet (at least in coding the game) so they may as well be on the battlefield with the rest of the peasants and samurai's.

Ninjas on the battlefield seems too "hollywood" to me, but if you can provide sources for your claims then I'm satisfied. If not, I don't really see ninjas fitting in as a battlefield unit. :smile:

shalictar said:
the Major factions troop trees are done so i guess ill post them.

I've looked at them, and they were pretty much as I would've done them myself :smile: Great job!
Also, I have some ideas for the future, I'll PM you :smile:
 

butscrew

Sergeant Knight at Arms
In what sources can I provide you? You can't read any books I suggest, but like I said look up Hanzo Hattori on the internet it shouldn't be hard. You could try googling it apparently you can type after all.

As for books then read ANY book there is on ninja's and it should be in there. Heck I can ask my next door neighbour

"HEY did ninja's fight on battlefields?" and he would say "もちろんだよ!" then I would say to you "I told you so あほ."
 

Aetheus

Sergeant at Arms
Actually, the opening line of his Wiki entry reads like this:
Hattori Hanzō (服部 半蔵, 1542 – December 23, 1596), also known as Hattori Masanari (服部 正成), the son of Hattori Yasunaga, was a famous Samurai ...

The rest of the page wasn't loading, so I can't confirm much else. Although I'm pretty sure I've read from a book somewhere that he was the head of some ninja clan, the book never mentioned anything about him actually utilizing ninjas in general warfare.

The wiki article loaded. No mention of him being in any ninja clan. Maybe I should stop believing the Samurai Warrior games - deadly umbrella wielding women probably din't exist either, sadly enough.  :roll:
 

tobier

Recruit
WB
butscrew said:
In what sources can I provide you? You can't read any books I suggest, but like I said look up Hanzo Hattori on the internet it shouldn't be hard. You could try googling it apparently you can type after all.

As for books then read ANY book there is on ninja's and it should be in there. Heck I can ask my next door neighbour

"HEY did ninja's fight on battlefields?" and he would say "もちろんだよ!" then I would say to you "I told you so あほ."

Well you don't have to be an ass about it. I was just asking for references as most stuff people say about ninjas in japan-related mods are just pure crap.

Aetheus said:
Actually, the opening line of his Wiki entry reads like this:
Hattori Hanzō (服部 半蔵, 1542 – December 23, 1596), also known as Hattori Masanari (服部 正成), the son of Hattori Yasunaga, was a famous Samurai ...

The rest of the page wasn't loading, so I can't confirm much else. Although I'm pretty sure I've read from a book somewhere that he was the head of some ninja clan, the book never mentioned anything about him actually utilizing ninjas in general warfare.

The wiki article loaded. No mention of him being in any ninja clan. Maybe I should stop believing the Samurai Warrior games - deadly umbrella wielding women probably din't exist either, sadly enough.  :roll:

I read in a similiar article that if ninjas were used in warfare, it was mostly guerilla warfare anyway. I don't think it happened that ninjas lined up in battle formation and charged the enemy...
 

Aetheus

Sergeant at Arms
tobier said:
Aetheus said:
Actually, the opening line of his Wiki entry reads like this:
Hattori Hanzō (服部 半蔵, 1542 – December 23, 1596), also known as Hattori Masanari (服部 正成), the son of Hattori Yasunaga, was a famous Samurai ...

The rest of the page wasn't loading, so I can't confirm much else. Although I'm pretty sure I've read from a book somewhere that he was the head of some ninja clan, the book never mentioned anything about him actually utilizing ninjas in general warfare.

The wiki article loaded. No mention of him being in any ninja clan. Maybe I should stop believing the Samurai Warrior games - deadly umbrella wielding women probably din't exist either, sadly enough.  :roll:

I read in a similiar article that if ninjas were used in warfare, it was mostly guerilla warfare anyway. I don't think it happened that ninjas lined up in battle formation and charged the enemy...

Makes sense to me. The (popular depiction of) ninjas being lightly clothed and wielding short blades and other unconventional weapons would probably die pretty quickly when they're being mobbed by a large gang of well armored samurai.

And about the only thing that makes a ninja a ninja is his style of clothing/weapons.  :lol:
 

tobier

Recruit
WB
If ninjas were to be in the mod, what would make most sense is to have one as a recruitable follower. Atleast that is what I think anyway.
 

butscrew

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hanzo Hattori was a famous Ninja AND Samurai from Iga which was well known for its ninjas.

He was promoted to Samurai by Tokugawa for outstanding service as a ninja and given some land. The wiki article mentions that he was half ninja and half samurai.

I had to be an ass about it because I am an ass in real life.

I haven't read any books which discussed ninja formations on the battlefield but I doubt you would of seen a square of them perhaps in a skirmish line running with katana's swaying... quietly. They didn't just fight for anyone though. Even though Hanzo a great lord of Iga supported Tokugawa not all the Iga ninja's felt the same.

They were after all mercenaries with loyalty only to their clan and whoever was their master at the time. Also Okuni the lady with the umbrella from SW was in fact the person who invented Kabuki she was a wanderer and who knows... she may have well been deadly with a parasol.

I should mention also... I am in Japan and have studied Japanese history both at uni and in my workplace. PLUS... I am realted to many ancient Japanese Kings 6 million times removed :smile:
 

trygve55

Knight
M&BWB
Here is a yumi bow that I made i wings 3D
Untitled.jpg

Working on the animation now.
Send a pm if you is interested.
 

shalictar

trygve55 said:
Here is a yumi bow that I made i wings 3D
Untitled.jpg

Working on the animation now.
Send a pm if you is interested.
:shock:
You sir are a badass.
 

Bromden

Archduke
trygve55 said:
Here is a yumi bow that I made i wings 3D
Untitled.jpg
Working on the animation now.
Send a pm if you is interested.

The feel of "something is missing" is now gone.  :grin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom