SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
butscrew said:
http://kongming.net/samurai_warriors/wallpaper/

Thats actually how those particular characters look in game a little different to Heaven and Earth but if your in the need to bash some buttons and wreak havoc on medieval Japanese battlefields, there is no funner game then Samurai Warriors. Not sure if the 2nd one is better then the first though.

Its like Dynasty Warriors if you have ever heard of that game.

I've played both, but the game that really takes the cake is Orochi Warriors. A word of warning, though, all these games are basically mindless hours of button mashing while having your eyes glued to the PC/TV - In other words, its pretty darn fun.  :wink:

It may a little late to comment on the shield discussion, but if I may chime in...

Shields really do not have a place in a mod about feudal Japan, in my opinion.  The exception might be pavises for soldiers wielding firearms, but shields for infantry or cavalry would not be correct historically. 

Samurai infantry, cavalry, and most ranged soldiers were not users of shields, and would have to rely on speed and tactics to counteract ranged soldiers.  If you're interested in historical accuracy, or at least being true to the spirit of feudal Japanese warfare, then shields should not be in the mod.  Even in the movie, no infantry or cavalry carried shields (as said, the exception being those with firearms). 

Some people may not be comfortable with fighting without a shield at fist, but it is something you could adapt to.  Taking a few arrows won't necessarily kill you in the game, and it's a major convention in Japanese art to depict samurai covered in arrows yet still fighting. 

In my opinion it would be a bad decision to sacrifice a major historical detail to accommodate a game play style people are more comfortable with.  It would be more authentic and true to samurai warfare to not have shields.   

i've made an executive decision on that.

Only mercenaries and Uesugi's elite teppo infantry will have shields.

and i agree with you completely  :smile:

Meh. For all I care, you can remove shields from every unit. Just leave a shield or two for the poor players - imagine playing on full difficulty, getting a bullet in the head during the first minute of gameplay, and having to auto resolve every battle.

Works fine in Onin No Ran.

I really don't get the need for a shield, the weapon damage shouldn't be all that different from Native, so as long as you have decent armour you should be fine.

ExorcisT said:
well..im really sorry for askin' this but i really wonder;is there a certain date for its release?
no.
sorry but theres still a lot of work to do  :sad:

maybe an alpha version once i get the map fixed.

shalictar said:
ExorcisT said:
well..im really sorry for askin' this but i really wonder;is there a certain date for its release?
no.
sorry but theres still a lot of work to do  :sad:

maybe an alpha version once i get the map fixed.

no problem buddy.i can wait for this mod until i die of old age :razz: just keep up good work and may the force be with you :grin:

Question: will you be making custom scenes? If so, I think I saw a mod with a Asiatic city siege or something... I believe it was made be explorer... probably Cat Mod or something, go check in the Cartographers Guild.

O please for the love of god dont do mounted units. In almost every mod if you make a horse army you wreck everything. Horse units are just so lame the AI has no idea how to use them properly. For overall game play I would strongly advise not adding them.

texasallstar6969 said:
O please for the love of god dont do mounted units. In almost every mod if you make a horse army you wreck everything. Horse units are just so lame the AI has no idea how to use them properly. For overall game play I would strongly advise not adding them.

You may have missed the part in the title where it says Mount and Blade. If you want a mod without horses, go to RoY or some other mod specifically made to remove horses.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Question: will you be making custom scenes? If so, I think I saw a mod with a Asiatic city siege or something... I believe it was made be explorer... probably Cat Mod or something, go check in the Cartographers Guild.
Thanks, Ill go look around.

texasallstar6969 said:

Too many unfortunate encounters with the khergits is see?  :roll:

texasallstar6969 said:

He has a point you know, samurai's never used horses. Because they were so small they actually rode dogs into battle. In the movies however they didn't use horses at all either, it was two men in a horse costume its just Japanese are really good at CGI, even in the 70's they were pretty good at it.

SO for overall un-realistic "realism" I suggest texasallstar6969 should try removing the horses for himself if he downloads the mod.

In the meantime I could try modelling a dog or two men in a horse costume for little mario sized samurai's if you want shalictar...

Hi I recently subscribed to Taleworlds Forum's. However I'm not new to Mount and Blade, neither also to the awesome mods M&B community elaborates. Long ago I've been reading posts, downloading mods, etc, but this specific thread made me come out of the closet. I just loved the ideas that you japanese pasionates give and the enthusiasm we all have about this mod.
Well sorry about the sentimentalism, now let's get on topic. First of all it would be sad to remove horses from the mod, even historically I can recall the Takeda clan to be horsemen (Yes I did played SW, Awesome game BTW). However it must also be recognized a horseman army may be too powerfull, but I've seen some mods manage this problem quite well. First they made horses and horsemen quite expensive. Then they made horses slower and fragile, I mean which damn horse is able to withstand an arrow in its lungs or worse in it's head. But certainly horses charge should be more powerful, it would be cool to watch a horsemen charge where infantry gets crushed beneath horse's ¿Feet? but also where horsemen get owned by skilledfully placed blows.
Sorry about returning to the already closed topic, but I'm actually excited by the disapearing of shields. I mean M&B has a grat parrying system and usually it is ignored due to the extensive use of shields. I just love to imagine using manual blocking to get rid of an agressive AI attacks. Of course I'm frightened by arrows specially when attacking walls but well that was a Samuray's destiny.
About castles, it would be great to have indoor scenes in sieges and althoug I guess it would be hard to code, it would also be great to have traps like it happened, well at least in movies jaja.
Finally I would also love to see a more artistic use of spears and general polearms. In M&B they are generally very slow, but in japan I guess... there were great spearmens, and perhaps increasing spears damage and speed would be great.

I guess I'm done, Cheer up guys, I can assure this will be a great mod!
I'll try to learn how to scene edit and if I'm good at it I'll let you know and try to help you in all I can.
Jaja i guess I'm too excited jajaja
Wishing you luck!!!
Ciao

Maybe I'd help.. I'm very interested in a sengoku jidai-mod for M&B :smile:
Don't know what I could help with though, I have a book on japanese martial arts and such, I could provide scans for modelling references or something :smile:

Ooh, I could make some artwork, for banners and "advertising" :smile:

Your artwork would be very much appreciated.

The Takeda Clan has a good balance of troops but they do have a few more horsemen the Uesugi's army currently

butscrew said:
texasallstar6969 said:

He has a point you know, samurai's never used horses. Because they were so small they actually rode dogs into battle. In the movies however they didn't use horses at all either, it was two men in a horse costume its just Japanese are really good at CGI, even in the 70's they were pretty good at it.

SO for overall un-realistic "realism" I suggest texasallstar6969 should try removing the horses for himself if he downloads the mod.

In the meantime I could try modelling a dog or two men in a horse costume for little mario sized samurai's if you want shalictar...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lol: :lol:
i cracked up for so long after reading that.

I am trying to model some basic houses for village scenes, so far they are a box with a triangle roof but I am getting there. Just don't expect to be able to enter any of them.

Get some good textures though and they may look pretty good, working on the roof architecture currently, I am using my neighbours house as my inspiration. I live in the countryside of Owari Asahi anyway, some of the people around here look old enough to have been alive in the timeline of this mod.

Also I am thinking some Portuguese Jesuit Priests should be travellers (I should send this in a PM but meh). Considering they are the guys who brought gun powder to Japan. Oh and Christianity too but who needs religion when you can blow things sky high....unless your on the receiving end in which case I heard you can find religion pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom