SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bromden said:
MISHO said:
lol you took that pic from sengoku jidai RTW mod ;D

Nope.  :smile: I didn't ever play RTW. It must be from the same source I suppose.

Shalictar, I could look up town/castle/village names-locations, if you'd like.

please do i started the new map I need more info to set the cities

larger factions
3 cities
8 castles
15 villages

smaller factions
1 city
2-3 castles
5-6 villages

if you cant find all of them it's alright.

Oh i do hope you finish this mod soon!  :eek: Now i have seen the pics that are uploaded here i can't wait to fight in the japan area!  :mrgreen:

Here comes Takeda:
takeda.jpg

Shinano/Kai:

towns with nearby villages:
1 Kōfu - Nakamichi, Kamikuishiki, Kosuge, Tabayama
2 Ueda -  Maruko, Sanada, Takeshi
3 Ina - Hase, Takatō

castles:
4 Kasugayama
5 Toyama
Kaizu
Kuwabara
Fukuyo
Nagakubo
Takatō
Katsurao

other villages:
Sezawa
Odaihara
Shiojiri
Yamagata
Matsukawa
Shimojo

The ones with the numbers are with locations I know, feel free to throw around the others :wink:
I can dig up locations for all of them if I must, but it would take a lot of time. (Anyway, playability should be more important than 100% map accuracy, IMHO.)
There might be some incorrect names (not the spelling), like anachronisms in village names or some villages were actually towns,
but I hope no angry Takeda dude comes around to question me about these  :grin:

The pink -ish province is Kai, Takeda Shingen's home, he had conquered all Shinano (blue) at the time.
One interesting thingie: Mount Fuji is at the Eastern border of Kai province. It would look great in the map, IMHO again.

Next comes Echigo, later today or maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: I've just realized there's a map pic in the first post (Looks great!  :smile:)
However, Kai province isn't on it, and if it's stays like this, the third city could be Komoro with villages Kawanabe, Kitaoi, and Osato.
It's NE from Ueda, near the border.

EDIT2: Or maybe it isn't missing? Can't tell... :roll:

Man I work in Shinano, its a boring spot. But I guess it could be worse.

Oh I live in Aichi ken, Owari Asahi shi to be precise, so I am about an hour away from good ol' Shingens home.

I only wish I could model. I tried making a katana once, it ended up as a baseball bat hybrid. Stupid wings and its extrude region crap.

butscrew said:
Man I work in Shinano, its a boring spot. But I guess it could be worse.

Oh I live in Aichi ken, Owari Asahi shi to be precise, so I am about an hour away from good ol' Shingens home.

Great! :grin: Please tell if I wrote something wrong.

And... do you know about any more castle other than Toyama castle in Toyama prefecture? (old Etchū Province / Jinbo clan)  :???: :?:

Well The Oda clan should be in the mod, they were quite influential in the latter part of the Takeda, Uesugi conflict. Nobunaga Oda (the man who was on the verge of uniting Japan till he was betrayed and toasted) came from Owari province which is now a days Aichi ken. Nobunaga was responsible wiping out the Takeda cavalry and taking all the area up to the border of Echigo province.

Got his butt kicked by Uesugi though.

Bromden said:
Great! :grin: Please tell if I wrote something wrong.

And... do you know about any more castle other than Toyama castle in Toyama prefecture? (old Etchū Province / Jinbo clan)  :???: :?:

Well Takata (Takato) was not a castle town. It was a city. If you can fit it in right up the north Nagaoka was a castle town, there is also on the far left of the map you made could put in Kanazawa another castle. Takasaki was a castle town in Takeda land.

Perhaps if you can set up a few scenes of the famous battlefields like Kawanakajima. Just set up a whole bunch of fortifications around the place and what not. If you have ever played Sengoku Musou or in America its called Samurai Warriors, it can really help you out with some of this stuff. It helped me pass a Japanese history test on the Sengoku Jidai :smile: Whoever said fun video games were not educational should be smacked.

butscrew said:
Well Takata (Takato) was not a castle town. It was a city. If you can fit it in right up the north Nagaoka was a castle town, there is also on the far left of the map you made could put in Kanazawa another castle. Takasaki was a castle town in Takeda land.

Perhaps if you can set up a few scenes of the famous battlefields like Kawanakajima. Just set up a whole bunch of fortifications around the place and what not. If you have ever played Sengoku Musou or in America its called Samurai Warriors, it can really help you out with some of this stuff. It helped me pass a Japanese history test on the Sengoku Jidai :smile: Whoever said fun video games were not educational should be smacked.

Thanks for the info, if you have more like this, don't hold back  :grin:

I was thinkig about famous battlefields too, those are the most known plaves of that time. I hope Shalictar adds these kind of stuff.
I never played Sengoku Musou. Is it available for PC?

on Oda: as I know, the mod is based on the movie, so it should be around 1561, the fourth battle of Kawanakajima.
At the time Nobunaga was building up his strength, and his biggest problem was the Imagawas. (I'm reading Yoshikawa Eiji's Taiko,
and I'm at that part  :mrgreen:) The Oda - Takeda asskicking was against Shingen's son Katsuyori in the battle of Nagashino in 1575.

Ah so this whole thing is just the rivalry, not the after bits. OK gotcha.

Samurai Warriors might be available on PC, considering Orochi Warriors is. Its a bash 'em up game. If you have a console like X box or above or PS2 and above you'd definately be able to play it, if you can find it.

It would be possible to see screenshots or pictures of the maps used if you search on the net.

On the Scenes Topic...
I will a edit a Land type and use it only for Kawanakajima, or any other battlefields
Theyre gonna be Huge Scenes.

But if anyone would like to help out go to the Warhammer mod first page and check out the Scene-maker tutorial
helped me out big time  :smile:

And Bromden, thanks for managing things while I was on warning.

I'm gonna try and place location stuff on your map as many as I can, done in a couple of days ( this weekend is full with RL stuff).
And... warning? Please don't get yourself banned, I'm gonna be a sad panda then.

@butscrew: no console here. :sad: Google says Samurai Warriors 2 is available for PC, but I'm sure my video card will run away crying if I'd try it.

Its not hard to get a warning on this forum. Unless you have been here for a while then your pretty much safe no matter you say apparently.

Bromden said:
I'm gonna try and place location stuff on your map as many as I can, done in a couple of days ( this weekend is full with RL stuff).
And... warning? Please don't get yourself banned, I'm gonna be a sad panda then.

@butscrew: no console here. :sad: Google says Samurai Warriors 2 is available for PC, but I'm sure my video card will run away crying if I'd try it.

dont do it just yet Bromden.
Im redoing the map to make it more accurate it will be easier to place after that.

im also looking into Samurai Warriors  :grin:

http://kongming.net/samurai_warriors/wallpaper/

Thats actually how those particular characters look in game a little different to Heaven and Earth but if your in the need to bash some buttons and wreak havoc on medieval Japanese battlefields, there is no funner game then Samurai Warriors. Not sure if the 2nd one is better then the first though.

Its like Dynasty Warriors if you have ever heard of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom