Hearts of Iron IV (Release June 6th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice idea. One thing I enjoyed about Modern Day 4 is how they nerfed all the bonuses you could get to unit stats to the ground, and transferred most of it to equipment/tech. That way staying on par with the latest technology was important, and earning even the little bonuses from national spirits or something like what you did had a much bigger impact.\

I feel like in vanilla they hand out these bonuses left and right.

All I want from this update is for the AI to stop suiciding hundreds of thousands of troops with troop convoys. World Wars are a ****ing joke because of it.

7C033BB4EDC084EFBBB3C976C8E646E63D77D083

12770757C7BF52523CDAC468D0F1CB3369538E31

:lol:

Surely the ai should only ever attempt a naval invasion if it has near total naval superiority? The number of invasions I see happening on various videos I've seen is plain ridiculous.

Not to come across as a shill but I've been on the modding team for Kaiserreich for the last few months, any of you guys play that? If so lmk what you think, and what needs to be improved, we're always looking out for bugs and suggestions!

I'm from the modding team of The New Order (On break right now though) and I say **** KAISERREICH.

A teaser demo for TNO should be coming out next week, look forward to playing as Dirlewanger and his jolly gang east of the Urals.

Wait wtf I wrote events for TNO for a while, what's your discord handle? I'm friends with kracc if you know him

Just Temuzu, you can find me on either the TNO or Kaiserreich Discord, and yeah, I know kracc, works on a different team than I did though, I was originally in the Triumvirate team writing events for King Farouk, but then I was moved to the India team. Had to step out for a bit to finish school stuff, I think I'll be joining the team again in a couple of weeks though.

Small world lol

I wrote events for Democratic Italy, also had to leave cause of school. Stay tuned for our China Update

It sure is.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727487717

The TNO demo was released, it had to be uploaded to ModDB first, which it promptly broke, and now sits comfortably at the spot of number one most popular mod.

Complete? They only have 5 years of their planned 20 years of content in the demo. Do you think the whole team of over 100 people has been working on those 4 factions? If only you knew how much goes on behind the scenes.

[quote author=Today's Dev Diary]
(...) A lot of those technical issues should now behave a lot better and we are consistently seeing much better performance from the Soviets. Although, they do still generally lose in the end, but this is mostly by design.

To explain why this is a good target, let’s look at our balance targets for Barbarossa:
-The Axis pushes the Soviet line in slowly until the Soviets lose in 1945 unless the Allies secure a big landing and relieve the Soviets, at which point Germany should start losing with its forces split across the 2-3 fronts.

So why is this a good target?
-As an Axis player, it means business as usual. You get to beat the Soviets, and the better we make the German AI (which does the heavy lifting), the more challenging we can make it for a player Germany and still retain the balance target.
-As a Comintern player it means you need to defend, hold out, and push back Germany. Here, the stronger we can make the German AI, the more challenging it is for a Soviet player. So to keep our balance target we want to make the Soviet as tough as possible, but on their own, they need to break by ‘45.
-As an Allied player, you have a bit of a race on your hands. A Germany that has beaten the Soviets will be a very difficult target, so you need to build up your strength and preferably strike when the German army is as extended, as it will get some solid landing points (ai is better at defending too now, so this is not always so easy). From a balance point, we need to make sure that the eastern front holds up long enough for you to get ready to do this. If the Soviets can push back the Germans on their own, there is no reason to play someone on the Allied side. If Germany beats the Soviet too fast, you will not have time to get involved (especially since the Allies are much more spread across the world and contains more minor nations we wanna make sure can make it to the party).[/quote]
For ****'s sake... :facepalm:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TNOmod/comments/cukt7z/development_diary_xxii_shin_chitsujyo_no_kanshou/

The mod team I'm on just released a new dev diary, and it just so happens to be my specific team's diary, Japan. Heads up though, the Google doc was over 50 pages long, so there's a lot to read there.

Does the AI in this game 'favor' the player as a prime target?
I'm playing as Romania, 1942. Since Yugoslavia was defeated, everyone and their mother is sending entire armies to fight me, while ignoring their other wars. Even Germany seems to care more about me than the Soviet Union. The more I play, the fishier AI gets.

I feel like they prioritize targets based off of proximity to valuable cores since that's what finishes wars. I know they pick focuses based off of what you do, like if you go alt history they will.

Back
Top Bottom