Hearts of Iron IV (Release June 6th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I chose to join the Allies to prevent the USSR, Hungary and Bulgaria from declaring war against me due to territorial demands. They still demanded territories, but did not declare war immediately, which was good in the beginning. Beef started when Italy, Germany and the NDH took control of Yugoslavia. I had to keep about 41 divisions at the southwestern border to prevent them from breaking though, since all their attention was directed to me. At the onset of Operation Barbarossa, Germany and Italy had already lost 2.1 million men combined, at the cost of 400 000 of my men. I thought that once Germany invades the USSR, the Soviets would distract their attention and eventually push them back, but things got much worse. Germany steamrolled until they reached my northern borders, on the province of Bukovina. I pulled 22 divisions from the Yugoslavian front to hold the northern border against the incoming Germans, leaving only the bare necessary to keep the Axis in Yugoslavia.
It finally hit the fan when Bulgaria chose a fascist government. I hastily redirected those 22 divisions to the border with Bulgaria and recruited about 7 infantry divisions to hold the border in the north (apparently, the Soviets were tastier than me, so they kind of ignored me there for a little while). When Bulgaria joined the Axis, they pulled a massive offensive out of nowhere, supported by dozens of German and Italian divisions. Bulgaria itself barely had a part in the war. That was the point I started to lose against the Axis: my divisions were overstretched on three fronts, and then Hungary also thought it was high time to justify against me for Nothern Transilvania. Eventually, Germany proceeded to attack from the north too, so I lost, but I'm still proud of my guys. By the time they managed to conquer Romania, Germany lost 1 million men, Italy - 1.1 million and the NDH about 300 thousand.
After they lost so much manpower, you'd think the Soviets would have an easier time beating them back, but nope. The USSR capitulated, lost 25 million men and didn't even manage to surpass me by the number of Germans killed in battle.
Now I'm leading 13 Romanian divisions lended by the UK (which have presumably escaped by sea after the capitulation of Romania) and conqueed half of Africa back from the Italians and Vichy France. My goal is to reach the Suez and give the Allies access to the Mediterranean. Maybe from there I'll push my way back to Romania...of course, after sponsoring a massive communist coup in Germany. So far, support for communism in Germany is 21%. At about 50% I'll ignite a civil war, hopefully.

Some pics from that absolute mess when I got invaded from Bulgaria:
RUsef.png
sTYfu.png
vOJ--.png

My current operations. In the screenshot, I'm reaching for Suez, but my offensive stalled halfway through Egypt, and now it's a stalemate.
DwmL8.png
All the UK territory you see on the eastern coast of Africa and the French Eritrea was reconquered my me. Previously, the Allies had no access to the Eastern coast at all, and Italy had about half of Africa. As I move North, I'm starting to encounter German divisions too. What's worse is that I can't see the division details of my enemies anymore, even after researching all the decryption tech. Not sure how, or why.

Among other things, Japan conquered China, India, Australia and is now knocking on the doors of Kuwait, while the USA is on 'all adults serve' mode.

HoI4's BICE is a horrible bloated mess. Not recommended.

Lots of people seem to like Road to 56. Not sure about it myself.

Kaiserreich is a mixed bag but if you like alternate history you should try it.

Back
Top Bottom