HEAR YE, HEAR YE!

Users who are viewing this thread

That sounds like my luck...

Are You  stealing my horrible luck?  :razz:

But seriously, I would give a donation...

But sadly I don't have a job yet (curse being one year to young). But I wish I could.  :cry:

P.S. I finally make an account on TaleWorlds and Winter's laptop messes up...Maybe my luck is spreading...

I am sorry to hear that, winter. I am a fna of your work.  :mrgreen:
I ahve no, real money, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

maybe if we get half of the forum (5000 people!) to send sad emails to HP or Toshiba about this, they'll give him a free computer...  :grin:

I sort of know the feeling, I lost my 90% complete 0.75 version of Brother against Brother to a computer crash and had to start over from scratch...but it was probably about 15% as much work as what you have (had? :cry:) done on Storymod Chapter 2 and Craftmod.

I have a job but also more bills to pay than money  :evil:

Ehh...I never had any problems what so ever with crashing...I guess you guys just get unlucky...I don't even have a Mac, so don't blame it on that...

You must not have any exceedingly valuable data that would tempt your system into crashing :grin:

Winter ought to run Linux...it really is more stable than windows....and then he could make Tux-mod!

I went ahead and did the research and from what Winter says he's already collected he's already got enough money to buy a brand new hard drive (what he said had 'crashed'). Here you go: http://www.basoncomputer.com/item.aspx?id=TSMK1620GAP

16 Gigs should meet all of his modding needs and more. Good job guys. Now Winter can order his HD and get back to work.

[quote author=Winter] After a long history of technical problems, my laptop appears to be well and truly dead this time. [/quote]

Ealdormann Hussey said:
[quote author=Winter] After a long history of technical problems, my laptop appears to be well and truly dead this time.
[/quote]

I'm afraid so. Many efforts have been made to revive it, but so far we've been utterly unsuccesful. Even normally CD-bootable copies of Linux won't start, even in Safe mode.

I figured people might be interested and not know about the Craftmod thread, so I'll run the updates in this one as well. So . . .

Day 4, update:

2 more donations, bringing the total up to $80. I'm also trying to get some people to lend me a bit of money, so things are proceeding apace.

I really can't begin to say how much it means that people are actually donating money to help me out. I was afraid this thing wouldn't get anywhere, but the response has warmed my cold cynic's heart. We've already raised enough to help out a lot with searching for a good refurb.

Thank you all!

Enormously,
Winter

You wil never have to replace an entire computer. The chances of every component of the computer becoming physically damaged at the same time are very close to 0. Let's figure out what the actual problem is and fix that instead of buying an entirely new computer.

If you've gotten so far as to try and run an operating system the problem likely isn't even hardware. Winter, what actual errors are you getting? Have you narrowed the problem down at all? We could save everyone a LOT of money (not to mention all of that already written code) with a little testing and repair work.

Back
Top Bottom