HDR in Mount and Blade!

Users who are viewing this thread

vinniczech said:
Ok thanks. Hdr working. but when I want shut down the game, the game isn't shut down. I must use alt+F4 :sad:

Yep, I don't know how to fix that. I read somewhere there's an ENB series version which doesn't crash M&B on exit, but I don't know which one it is. If you want to look for it, go here:

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html

My enbseries.ini settings:
I playing with punkts high textures.

[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=1
BloomFadeTime=100
BloomConstantDay=1
BloomQuality=2
BloomScreenLevelDay=30
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=5
BloomConstantNight=1
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomScreenLevelNight=100
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=5
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=0
BloomAllowOversaturation=0

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=30
ScreenLevelDay=50
ScreenLevelNight=90
DarkeningAmountNight=-100
GammaCurveDay=0
GammaCurveNight=0
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=-2
UsePaletteTexture=1

and here some pictures:

with my settings bloom

without..

[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10
BloomFadeTime=1000
BloomConstantDay=5
BloomQuality=2
BloomScreenLevelDay=100
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=20
BloomConstantNight=10
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=10
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=5
BloomMaxLimit=60

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=5
DarkeningAmountNight=0
GammaCurveDay=1
GammaCurveNight=1
ColorSaturationDay=-1
ColorSaturationNight=-1
UsePaletteTexture=0

Try.

Cloud Breaker said:
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10
BloomFadeTime=1000
BloomConstantDay=5
BloomQuality=2
BloomScreenLevelDay=100
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=20
BloomConstantNight=10
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomMaxLimit=60

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=5
DarkeningAmountNight=0
GammaCurveDay=1
GammaCurveNight=1
ColorSaturationDay=-1
ColorSaturationNight=-1
UsePaletteTexture=0

Try.

ooohhh. my eyes  :twisted: I'm blind. I stay with my settings :wink:

how does the motion blur settings work?
I get the blur to happen only sometimes, and pretty consistantly when clicking menu options (like tournaments).
And it looks pretty cool when it works; how do i make it work more?

vinniczech said:
Cloud Breaker said:
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=10
BloomFadeTime=1000
BloomConstantDay=5
BloomQuality=2
BloomScreenLevelDay=100
BloomCurveDay=0
BloomPowerNight=20
BloomConstantNight=10
BloomCurveNight=0
BloomMaxLimit=60

[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=5
DarkeningAmountNight=0
GammaCurveDay=1
GammaCurveNight=1
ColorSaturationDay=-1
ColorSaturationNight=-1
UsePaletteTexture=0

Try.

ooohhh. my eyes  :twisted: I'm blind. I stay with my settings :wink:

adjust gamma

Kayne said:
how does the motion blur settings work?
I get the blur to happen only sometimes, and pretty consistantly when clicking menu options (like tournaments).
And it looks pretty cool when it works; how do i make it work more?

Motion blur in M&B doesn't work well unfortunately, shouldn't try it. You can get reflection to work pretty good using settings from GTA SA, and there's an effect.txt file that uses oblivions Edge Detection algorithm, it looks pretty, but the effect file makes the game very dark and screws up some textures, not worth it. I wouldn't recommend any of the two for anything more than pretty screenshots though.

Buxton said:
Very, very, brilliantly good there.

I feel a bit ashamed to ask, but would you be kind enough to write a quick tutorial of how to install it please?

Just Extract the files (after download using like Winzip) then Local disk->program->Mount and blade->Modules Then start the launcher and press the arrow next to native, choose ure mod and play =)

i've a new problem... only minor.
whats causing the bunny ears thingy on my helmet?
mb146np6.png

I am using the re4 one , already did tweaked it and when i run M&B (Latest version) it gives me a DON"T SEND while loading the INI file...does anyone find it incompatible with the latest version ?

I did not see any definitions of HDR that really fit, that I liked.  That wikipedia page, for example, talked about HDR for film, which is a different issue.

Most current graphics cards represent color using numbers.  Essentially, these numbers range from 0 (black) to 1 (white).  Or, for color, you get RGB with a 0..1 number for each of three primary colors (red, green and blue).  This works great for representing color, but introduces some problems when composing images.

Let's say I have some dirt on my screen.  Each pixel representing dirt has a color which gets represented by some number between 0 and 1, and unless I want really bright dirt those numbers were probably chosen to be closer to 0 than to 1.  Now, let's say I have some source of light (or, actually, some pattern that represents light and shadow).  Boringly simple, right?

The HDR problem comes when you try and combine these differing sources of light.  Typically, you would multiply the numbers.  But since your numbers were all between 0 and 1, this means your colors can only become darker.  So you start doing complicated fancy things, and you try and pull stunts to keep your colors from getting too muddy or garish, and...

... and all of this was because your numbers were between 0 and 1.  If you could somehow use other numbers this problem would go away.

And HDR, in computer graphics, is about multiplying numbers, including numbers outside that very useful 0..1 range, when combining pixels.  And this can be tricky to do well when your graphics hardware was not designed for this.

(Other effects, like bloom and other "eye effects" have to do with rendering colors that would be outside that 0..1 range.  They can depend on HDR or can be implemented using other techniques.)

(I thought this little writeup would be perfect for page 22 of this thread...  :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom