Having trouble recruiting from prisoners

Users who are viewing this thread

axocelot

Recruit
After the new patch, i cant seem to recruit any troop but farmers from prisoners. Not even bandits. Can anyone tell me why is this happening?

If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 2x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 2x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can only recruit those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion.
You should get the rest of the "rescued" soldiers as prisoners.

From the changelog

Recruitment conditions were "tightened". If it's your own prisoners, you can only recruit them as long as they are from friendly factions and have smaller level than yours. If it's some other party's prisoners you are rescuing, they will be more eager to join, though you will still need high level, high persuasion skill and good relationship with prisoners' factions to be able to rescue elite soldiers.

AFAIK You need good relation with that particural faction to recruit them from prisoners in ex. If you have good relation with wolf knights there is no problem to recruit them from prisoners otherwise they show up as regular prisoners to sell to ransom broker.Imo it's nice idea,but it not work well with default time to level soldier even with trainer=10.

Faction relation is the most important factor here.

Honestly in my opinion.... too much. I have a 1 in persuasion and can recruit lvl 60 elites. It does make sense, I am a hero of my faction but literally more than 50% of my army is elite i recruited from prisoner rescue. Once you know how..... it's simple.

Is it related to the Mercenary Guild at all? I can only randomly recruit units. I cannot recruit tolranians there even with 40 relation, but with 0 relation I can pick up the Valahir Vannadis

davidm27 said:
I cannot recruit tolranians there even with 40 relation, but with 0 relation I can pick up the Valahir Vannadis
:shock:
From enemy prisoners or from the MG?
MG is neutral, all of its soldiers only kept the training and equipment from their past, but not their loyalties. They don't really care about your relation with any faction. They are just ordinary mercenaries.

UPD. Though I think I'm starting to understand what you mean.
In the Mercenary Guild there are 7 spots where soldiers change and are recruitable. 2 to the left of the castle near training dummies, 3 on the first floor, 2 on the second floor. The rest are for the atmosphere.

I just solve the problem by change in the script. Txt

Search prison in that txt, till find the" party add party prisoners" Codes.

It has three lines or more codes.

All the settings about the new recruiting law is there.

I directly substitute this lines with the old code of "party add party prisoner "in the script txt of 0.77 version,which do not have such limits.

If you don't have 0.77version, you can download it. And simply copy and overwrite the new code in 0.8 version and so on.
I tried this many times,and it went out not bad.

Replacing code like that is a terrible idea.
First, it can potentially seriously break your game because of changed ids of global variables, factions, parties, party templates etc. if they're a part of that code.
Second, there is a lot more in that script (other than that one particular feature affecting player's recruitment) that wasn't there before. By downgrading the code you delete it all.

Back
Top Bottom