Having Going Turkish Name

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone please tell me what "Having Going" - the Athletics perk that boosts persuasion - is called in the dev's native language (I think Turkish)?

I'm probably the only person who cares but I'm unclear what the flavor of the perk is supposed to be in English. It's clear that the perk makes you better at persuasion, but "Having going" isn't a common phrase. It's close to both "Have going" as in to deceive (like a politician) and "Having a go" as in pointed banter (like Brits are famous for). I just want to know whether a character with that perk is intended to be deceitful, clever, quick in conversation, etc.

Can someone please tell me what "Having Going" - the Athletics perk that boosts persuasion - is called in the dev's native language (I think Turkish)?

I'm probably the only person who cares but I'm unclear what the flavor of the perk is supposed to be in English. It's clear that the perk makes you better at persuasion, but "Having going" isn't a common phrase. It's close to both "Have going" as in to deceive (like a politician) and "Having a go" as in pointed banter (like Brits are famous for). I just want to know whether a character with that perk is intended to be deceitful, clever, quick in conversation, etc.
My assumption was always that it's intended to be like "have it going on", like, well... Stacy's Mom....

"Sunny Disposition" is the intent of this perk I've settled on after wrestling with it all morning.

The game is developed in English, not Turkish, so "Having Going" should be the origin for other languages to translate from. But it's so vague that I relied on the Turkish implementation "Hoşsohbet" which means friendly, kind or nice chat.

From there we could get "Chatty" which is fitting for Endurance and Athletics - you have the energy to be pesky or talk incessantly, but that doesn't fit the mechanics of the perk very well. Mechanics fitting that description would be more like increase success rate after failure, allow trying the same option twice, or increase both success rate and critical failure rate.

We could also get "Sunny Disposition" which fits Endurance and Athletics - studies show that physical fitness lessens the impact of negative emotions and generally makes people more positive because their brain is regularly releasing Dopamine and Endorphins. Basically the perk turns you into Rob Lowe - you're hard to say no to because you're just so positive and nice (which also fits the icon with its little up arrows).

Last edited:
Having going
=
Gideri var
=
(You're) having a "go"-ing/"go"-able (from me)
=
S/he would f@ck you.. Your body is that awesome...

An inside joke. :lol:

Chicken translate part and it's meaning.

It's second meaning is also funny: "Meh, you're not the world's most beatiful/handsome dude/dudette, but you have some nice body a bit, i would still make "love" of you.. Better than nothing...

Back
Top Bottom