Have we Reached the Point of Passive Acceptance and Disappointed Resignation with Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reading this thread makes me sad.

The Community just wanting a stable base to be handed to modders is such a waste of potential.

Nothing against modders, moddability is an important factor for a living game and community and they have probably saved the existiance of Bannerlord commmunity, but its not for everyone.

I have a bunch of mods I have downloaded and some I have created for fun but I never actually play with them, it´s not my thing however good they are, I loose interest quickly and return to vanilla.

Not really, personally Im in waiting idle mode.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something” - Plato

I stopped to play, I am tired to check patch after patch if there is any good progress ... in the end I realized that Armagan has something in mind so different that what I expected. Probably I won't get back until some major mods are released to check them but, as some one said, it will take few years.

So the forums seem really rather dull and quiet lately.

People seem to be just waiting to see what the next patch brings, maybe because sieges might finally be fixed at least in part. I don't know.

The usual forum agitators / rebels seem to have been tamed or outright banned. Weeks slip by...

I get the feeling that everyone has kind of accepted that Bannerlord will just not be what they wanted it to be ... and it will take literal years of modding for it to even come anywhere close to it's potential.

Feels like we have all taken our Valium / Diazepam and are now just waiting. It seems strange right?
I've mentioned this about a year ago. The power and energy, although misdirected, is a positive sign and reflects a vibrant and passionate community.

When that fades, you know you're in trouble.

Personally, after seeing how Colossol Order hired their seventh modder from the community to work on the CS sequel, I just gave up on Bannerlord. How come one company can do things just right while the other purposefully does those same things wrong?

This game has no redemption arc, its flatlined. Its slow pacing can in no way measure up to the standards we have gotten accustomed to in other games.

It is a sad realism that like Warband, they will make a game just to hand it over to modding. When in fact if done right they could have made so much more with dlc's. think of new kingdoms, new maps. There are endless possibilities for ideas like that and revenue for TW, but I think they are too far gone to establish that idea. I am now at that point after making dozens of suggestions to where I am saying let's just get it full release so modders can finish it, a truly wasted opportunity

There are endless possibilities for ideas like that and revenue for TW, but I think they are too far gone to establish that idea.
What makes you think that's the case? They're probably holding onto "cancelled features" so that they can sell them as DLC instead. Criminal Empire DLC. Feasts and Weddings DLC. Invading Hordes DLC.

This is exactly how I feel. Last time I played the game was 1.6.0. Everytime, I am feeling a urge to play the game, I remember the end game of my Bannerlord campaigns and quickly dropping the idea of playing it. That is also I don't complain anymore or rather visit the forum anymore quite often.

I'm just waiting for the release, which should be done a long time ago, so that I can begin the wait for mods, which is the real reason I am still part of this community.

Ive played bannerlord 1 time in last 3-4 months to try keep battle. Turns out i wasted my time becasue it ended after i captured the walls. Just dont care till it releases.

We paid for EA experiwnce and it is earrrrly. In couple years might be worthwhile experience w mods but multiplayer will be too dead to have active siege servers. Unless bits become functional.

This thread seems to be full of all the people who dont play but just hang around forums because... Well I actually dont know why to be perfectly honest :unsure:

Look, if you dont like the time it takes to develop the game, play something else. We get it, there will always be people who isnt satisfied (and im not sure they will ever be satisfied) and we heard them. Why they have to explain everyone how unhappy they are is mindboggling. Threads like these surface every now and then and its just getting rather trivival to respond to, I know I should just ignore them but Im ignorent and think that it helps to explain this again.

Fact is that unhappy people is a minority, they are just so loud that they sometimes seem like a majority. But they are a very small minority compared to majority.

I know I should just ignore them but Im ignorent and think that it helps to explain this again.
Should be easy to ignore "us" if you´re ignorent. Just do it like TW, they´re perfect in ignoring us. :iamamoron:

But to summarize your post:

"Everyone who has issues with this game should just stfu and only the happy majority should be allowed to post here."

Last edited:
Horked, there are plenty of positive posts on this forum.

I know - because I have made quite a few of them.

This post is not a happy shiny one ... and that's fine. Deal with it.

Apart from the positive Steam reviews, I think most of the engaged community are very far from happy that after 11 years of dev time, the game still cannot match lightly modded Warband for depth.

Have you thought about that in 10 years, videogame development will take 10 times longer that it is now? This is because demand for smoother, better looking and deeper videogames is only increasing. In the 90s it took 15 months to create legendary titles like The Secret of Monkey Island and Doom. But we dont mess about with 10 pixels and 3 colors anymore.

Lord of the Rings is just a movie, but 20 years ago, it took 8 years in the making.

Have you thought about that in 10 years, videogame development will take 10 times longer that it is now? This is because demand for smoother, better looking and deeper videogames is only increasing. In the 90s it took 15 months to create legendary titles like The Secret of Monkey Island and Doom. But we dont mess about with 10 pixels and 3 colors anymore.
This just isn't the kind of game where people care a lot about super pretty / sexy graphics. What the M+B community crave and want here is depth.

I would rather have outdated graphics and good gameplay ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Who cares if it looks nice but is shallow and repetitive ? Plus 11 Years of dev time is just SILLY ... even by today's standards. The only game I can think of where people have been waiting this long is Bethesda's Elder Scrolls 6.

Ah come on dude...this story again...

There are several companies that released at least 3 major titles within this time span. And it´s not like that TW is polishing the hell out of minor stuff to release the perfect game, they are still fixing day one issues/bugs and need to add promised content.

Just look what Dice released in the last 11 years:

2010Battlefield: Bad Company 2iOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Need for Speed: Hot PursuitAndroid, iOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii, Windows Phone, Xbox 360
Battlefield Online[2]Microsoft Windows
Medal of HonorMicrosoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
2011Battlefield Play4FreeMicrosoft Windows
Battlefield 3iOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
2013Battlefield 4Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
2015Star Wars BattlefrontMicrosoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
2016Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Battlefield 1
2017Star Wars Battlefront II
2018Battlefield V
2019Ultracore[3]Mega Sg, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita[4]
2021Battlefield 2042Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series

And those Battlefield games aren´t done with 10 pixels and 3 colors too...and by the way, there are very very few complaints about the graphics in this forum...

Back
Top Bottom