Have we Reached the Point of Passive Acceptance and Disappointed Resignation with Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just waiting, got back into other "dead games" like Dungeons & Dragons Online, doesn't help Erdogan and his cucked-out finance minister are slashing interest rates like it's going out of style to combat the fact the Lira has lost 40% value YTD on the USD and have stuck all of Turkey into stagflation

Wouldn't be very motivated to do **** if my effective take home pay died by another 40% before the calendar year was up

Basically this yes, nothing much left to say after people spent more than a year trying to engage with the devs to improve areas severely lacking in the game.

Wait and see is all that remains and if they don't deliver atleast we can hope on mods for the future.

+1

This is why I never buy EA/InDev games as the development time is too open-ended and you will get the people that bought the game prematurely, eventually lose interest, and potential new players not having any real reason for coming to the forums save for news lose their interest as well due to development slowing down to no real features released, just bug-fixes...

Compound that with MP-mode taking over the actual development with its inherent open-ended structure and we most likely won't see a release until 2024!

For me it is 50/50. I am oscillating between acceptance of the current state of the game and between hope that Bannerlord will start getting more exciting updates after some time.

My wild guess is devs might spend most of their time on code refactoring lately. For me it seems like early access started 1 year to early and this could lead to code being messy. New features and fixes constantly bringing old and new bugs to the game, together with last updates having not that much new features, changes or even fixes, are in my opinion strong indicators of code refactoring. At least from more optimistic point of view. If I am right with my guess and they are really doing some code cleaning, the game will be in the state of stagnation for probably few more months, and after that, updates containing new content and fixes for reported bugs should start poping up.

If I am right with my guess and they are really doing some code cleaning, the game will be in the state of stagnation for probably few more months, and after that, updates containing new content and fixes for reported bugs should start poping up.
That would be nice to see as I do hope it will make a full release sometime in 2022!

I just tried to forget about this game and I'll check back in a few years, cause right now the timeline must of messed up cause this is not the game I was promised when I was a kid in middle school. Just a shame.

True, that's a wild guess. I think they would mention it if they were doing refactoring because they would need to excuse the slow pace of development and a slew of new bugs.
They should, but I am not so sure whether they would. People generally speaking are not the best at communicating with each other :razz: And when also company politcs and marketing department's ideas come into play it can quite often get even worse.

Last edited:
They should, but I am not so sure whether they would. People generally speaking are not the best at communicating with each other :razz: And when also company politcs and marketing department's ideas come into play it can quite often get ever worse.
The last time they did say they were doing it and promised more rapid development afterwards. We saw some new bugs and didn't notice a change of pace, but I'm sure it helped someone somewhere. :wink:

The last time they did say they were doing it and promised more rapid development afterwards. We saw some new bugs and didn't notice a change of pace, but I'm sure it helped someone somewhere.
Writing fast a messy code to push software premiere earlier is like getting into debt. You must pay it off at some point and it constantly grows to that point. And making sure that the software will at least work all the time brings only even more work to do. Taleworlds screwed up releasing Bannerlord at such very early stage hence it would take a lot of time to refactor it. But only peaople from Talewordls know whether they are really doing it. Sadly, you might be right and they could be just making empty promises.

There is another thing I can think of as part of this problem. It might be a communication problem. Software developers have a tendency to underestimating time needed to finish something by a big margin, and btw there are some valid reasons why that is. So there is a need in such company for having eployees responsible for kinda "translating" "developers time" to "real time" and communicating it with the client. So this also might be one of the TaleWordls' weak points. But of course it is still guessing and speculations. TaleWordls should figure it out by themselves and improve what is needed to improve.

Last edited:
Its not really acceptance, I think most people like me just kinda lost interest in the game. There are some cool features planned for the future, but you know what, there are many great "finished" games out there which have much more to offer and dont try to hold you on the line for like 9 years. Im sure the developers are good and capeable people, but at some point you got to deliver your sht. The hype time is over and they gotta do some pretty significand changes to get anyone really interested again.

Medieval Dynasty being one of them.
Also in term of indies, I've recently purchased InfraSpace which let you vote your own roadmap inside the Game UI itself, the devs ( who happen to be a bunch of passionate dudes and girls ) are very reactive on their forums, you can check that out.
I was baffled how different certain studios, often smaller than TW tackle their so called Early Access.

In all fairness those games don't look like they are as complex as Bannerlord per se, Bannerlord ( or shall I say M&B / Warband ) is quite unique in this market, so we should give credit where it's due of course. But while watching how other studios work, the communication and commitment for their communities are definitely there.
And don't get me started on those young devs who crafted Dyson Sphere Program, on a mere 6 months happened to deliver everything they promised. Impressive.

If we are stuck here in this forum, I guess the majority of us wish the same destiny would happen to Bannerlord, but a lot of person are stopping to hold their breath here.

I don't feel that way yet, I've only recently jumped on the band wagon so I'm not feeling hopeless yet...I guess it's just a matter of time.
My wishes are not really that the game is going to be perfect (or even finished!), but just stable enough and easily moddable for talented people to actually outshine the very creators of the game and make this an awesome one.
Seeing that you've joined the forums only last month, you can do the following to empathize with some of us here: imagine waiting for the sequel of your favorite game for a decade, thinking that it's going to be the greatest game of all time -better than Warband in every aspect- which hopes were fueled by all the promising dev blogs and gameplay presentations here and there over the years, only to be presented with the mediocrity that they published in the end. To feel hopeful after all of this is an impossibility.

+1 OP. It is what it is. I still get a bit excited watching steamdb, but thats because I do my 8 hour job's work in an hour or so so I got plently of free time.

Back
Top Bottom