Have we Reached the Point of Passive Acceptance and Disappointed Resignation with Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So the forums seem really rather dull and quiet lately.

People seem to be just waiting to see what the next patch brings, maybe because sieges might finally be fixed at least in part. I don't know.

The usual forum agitators / rebels seem to have been tamed or outright banned. Weeks slip by...

I get the feeling that everyone has kind of accepted that Bannerlord will just not be what they wanted it to be ... and it will take literal years of modding for it to even come anywhere close to it's potential.

Feels like we have all taken our Valium / Diazepam and are now just waiting. It seems strange right?

Last edited:
Basically this yes, nothing much left to say after people spent more than a year trying to engage with the devs to improve areas severely lacking in the game.

Wait and see is all that remains and if they don't deliver atleast we can hope on mods for the future.

I get the feeling that everyone has kind of accepted that Bannerlord will just not be what they wanted it to be ... and it will take literal years of modding for it to even come anywhere close to it's potential.
It do be like that.
And even the beginning of those years of modding are... years away. With the tools at disposal now, the game is nowhere near as moddable as Warband was. It might never be.
Feels like we have all taken our Valium / Diazepam and are now just waiting. It seems strange right?
Diazepam makes you so very sleepy. Taleworlds posting a status update with a miserable video every 41 months and acting like a new crown is just as substantial an addition as a new continent is something that makes you angry, not sleepy. Speaking for myself of course.

Hopefully Taleworlds would notice the lack of forum rants and release a terrible patch that breaks or dumbs down the few interesting features. You can't have a good rant thread with several bans without new material.

I´ve reached the stage of acceptance that Bannerlord won´t be the game TW advertised back then and what I´ve hoped for. I just want it to be "over". TW should give us the few things they´ve announced and let modders take over to finish the game.

But I still think it´s funny that there are still some guys here who make good suggestions that still didn´t learn that their suggestions are worthless and they won´t get more than the usual "I´ll forward this to the devs LOL" answer.

Last edited:
Hopefully Taleworlds would notice the lack of forum rants and release a terrible patch that breaks or dumbs down the few interesting features. You can't have a good rant thread with several bans without new material.
I support this! At least rage is a form of energy lol

Well in the end I'm still having fun in the game, but I came back after a 6 months break so that might be the reason. The game feels much more polished than it was back then. Also Elite Dangerous: Odyssey came out during that time and made me relativize about a lot of things.

I think people just had too high expectations, partly because of the devs but also because it's the time we live in. But while hyped games are rarely considered actual good games when they come out, Bannerlord is actually faring pretty well in that regard.

Last edited:
I just advise my friends who ask me about the game to wait around two years before getting it. No point coming on here and saying the same things over and over.

Been having a fun and stable campaign on 1.6.3 for the past couple of months with all of these mods:

I did day 2 of early access. The middle will make the game eventually. Watching people complain will help me get there faster.

Either way, it's a truly fun game. As boring as it can get I still like more than unmodded warband.

Well in the end I'm still having fun in the game,
That´s the "problem", the game isn´t broken. It´s just "broken" if you´ve played Warband and have followed their dev blogs!

If this game is your first "Warband" experience, it must be awesome. Sadly...I just hope a tripple A company notices that games like this can sell. And I´m thankful to all modders.

I´ve reached the stage of acceptance that Bannerlord won´t be the game TW advertised back then and what I´ve hoped for. I just want it to be "over". TW should give us the few things they´ve announced and let modders take over to finish the game.

But I still think it´s funny that there are still some guys here who make good suggestions that still didn´t learn that their suggestions are worthless and they won´t get more than the usual "I´ll forward this to the devs LOL" answer.
All they had to do was just keep their mouths shut and ride out the storm, in the end they win whether we complain or not because they have our money.

There are still new people to the forums who haven't learned that TW gives zero ****s about anyone else's opinion/suggestions that are too hard to implement or don't align with their own.

All they had to do was just keep their mouths shut and ride out the storm, in the end they win whether we complain or not because they have our money.

There are still new people to the forums who haven't learned that TW gives zero ****s about anyone else's opinion/suggestions that are too hard to implement or don't align with their own.
Ah welcome myself 1 year ago.

I definitely feel this way. I definitely felt it well over a year ago, but it still felt as if a little rebellion and discontent might persuade some things. That is for sure no longer the case. I don't plan on playing the game for a long while, but I'll still see what's happening on here from time to time.

I don't feel that way yet, I've only recently jumped on the band wagon so I'm not feeling hopeless yet...I guess it's just a matter of time.
My wishes are not really that the game is going to be perfect (or even finished!), but just stable enough and easily moddable for talented people to actually outshine the very creators of the game and make this an awesome one.

Eh its just one of those periods to wait for them to come out with what they said they would. We have some major changes coming up that will make big differences. Sieges actually working, sally out battles, and the new Order of Battle system seem like some major improvements, but until then there isn't much to work off of. Also speaking for myself im 1k+ hours in and a little burntout on SP testing, although the new updates to Bannerlord Online have me going again.

Its not really acceptance, I think most people like me just kinda lost interest in the game. There are some cool features planned for the future, but you know what, there are many great "finished" games out there which have much more to offer and dont try to hold you on the line for like 9 years. Im sure the developers are good and capeable people, but at some point you got to deliver your sht. The hype time is over and they gotta do some pretty significand changes to get anyone really interested again.

Back
Top Bottom